The next tour could be another dream change up

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

The next tour could be another dream change up

Post by rgallie » Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:03 pm

So i'm listening to Breadcrumbs and although it's got a few covers I am assuming the new album is in the same vein (in sound) but full of originals. Would it not be great if Alice gave it a proper tour where it gets 4 or 5 songs played and 1 of Breadcrumbs for good measure? Alice has been talking about the detroit rock sound in his albums since the eyes so if the Album turns out as good as the EP sounded then why not? Infact the 1 of Breadcrumbs would almost certainly be "Detroit City" but DWABD/COL would be great as well and really suit his live voice.

The Ol Black Eyes... tour proved Alice can still mix it up.

OK maybe wishfull thinking and dreaming but what else is there to do during lockdown

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Re: The next tour could be another dream change up

Post by killer wolf » Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:16 am

can't comment about it being nice until I hear it, but Alice seems to be oddly different when it comes to albums/tours it seems - most bands tour to promote and album and play a good amount of tracks off it, for the last few tours, Alice hasn't. think we've only had about one or two from Paranormal.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

patrick
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by patrick » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:51 pm

been watching recently the '82 show of the Special Forces tour. 5-6 songs out of the 25 songs were not 'regular " ones :
who do you think we are, model citizin, grim facts, pain,clones...
would be nice if he would have done the same with Paranormal..
you really wouldn't understand..

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:12 am

would be nice if he would have done the same with Paranormal..
Alice has not really "played" an album since Brutal planet and arguably Dragontown (where he still played several off brutal planet and 3 or 4 off dragontown)
I wasn't bothered by Eyes, Diamond or ALCAS tours as , for me they were very weak albums. However I was very sad to not see a full album promotion on W2MN and Paranormal, both of which I feel are phenomenal albums.
The only positive for me is the last tour he did was stellar. One of the best in at least 19 or 20 years.
Pulling in some deep cuts (like Roses on White lace, Teenage Frankenstein, bed of nails, my stars etc.) while playing a super set with largely great pacing. (raped and freezing being the only oddity, which should never have followed bed of nails)

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:59 pm

Yeah I get he has not done a real album tour since Brutal Planet...But he seems keen on the Detroit vibe and he loves a covres section so the new album and Breadcrumbs EP could get a decent run. Probably not hence why it would be a dream change up. I am just happy I have had 3 good shows....One on Halloween, one with the OG and one with the heavier set list.

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:56 am

Alice played 5 from Eyes when I saw him in 2003 on the Bare Bones tour, and I thought it was his last great show. Brutal Planet and Descent To Dragontown were incredible and better shows, but I liked the stripped down show as well, and getting to hear some old tunes like Long Way To Go and Halo Of Flies which had not been in the set for a while at that point, and the 5 choices off Eyes were good. Only Poison and Lost In America were post WTMN besides the Eyes stuff which made me personally happy.

The new tour’s stage set-up was a welcome change, but besides Roses On White Lace which was cool live, I have no care for the hair metal years, so it did nothing for me.