Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

alicefannor
Killer
Killer

A window for a live dvd!!!

Post by alicefannor » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:22 am

C’mon Alice - Paris or London from the 2017 tour. A double feature dvd/blu ray

Now is the perfect time!

Tommy Henriksen posts on Twitter that he’s mixing something...live Alice??

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Re: A window for a live dvd!!!

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:55 pm

It's an awful time to put product out and probably the last thing on his mind.

Cold Room
Killer
Killer

Post by Cold Room » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:11 pm

Something close to 10 million people have filed for unemployment in the past several weeks in the U.S. Money will be tight....buying DVDs, etc will move to the "not at this time" category for many.
What you want and what you get are two different things

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:12 pm

Tommy's recent posts have been throwback posts to working on other projects, previously.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:25 am

I know this may already be mentioned but was the 2017 reunion tour professionally filmed?

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:50 am

dadascot wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:25 am
I know this may already be mentioned but was the 2017 reunion tour professionally filmed?
Wembley was certainly filmed in some form, or at least there were cameras set up including what people seem to think were 3D or 360 cameras, which you can see on youtube footage if you know what to look for.

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:15 pm

Yup now is not a good time.

If I was going to buy a live DVD of anything recentish I would want the Ol Black Eyes tour since it marked a decent set list change

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:06 pm

Since i went to see alice on the ol black eyes tour i have desperately wanted a live blu ray of the event.
Sadly now isnt the best time for such things given all thats going on. But it would be nice if bob or tommy was mixing it for eventual release.
We will see.
One thought does occur tho, why not have it as a netflix/amazon exclusive? they do comedy shows all the time and amazon has quite a few live shows too. Why wouldnt alice do well if pushed on the splash screen?

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:51 pm

I'm not sure that Alice is a big enough name these days for that platform. DVD sales are down and are not a big money maker so it would make sense but I just don't see it happening.

They'd have more chance if it was HV with Depp attached.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:31 pm

I agree with Pitkin. The only way Alice gets anything like you mentioned would be if Depp was involved. I hate to say it but Depp is the draw (at least in publicity and general public interest) and Alice and Joe are along for the ride--making a tidy sum as they go.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:33 pm

Alice could do a FB live event and now would be a perfect time to do a set for the hardcore fans. Rent out a rehearsal hall or even a small theatre--bring out the touring band and let it rip. No hits--just deep cuts and those songs that were never before played live.

patrick
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by patrick » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:16 pm

Still, I remember recently, on a television net there was a possibility to hire some movies, the Alice Montreux show was available in the music section . So there must be some awareness of the management for these things I'd suppose.
you really wouldn't understand..

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:28 pm

mr.barlow wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:33 pm
Alice could do a FB live event and now would be a perfect time to do a set for the hardcore fans. Rent out a rehearsal hall or even a small theatre--bring out the touring band and let it rip.
Slight problem with that if you think about it.
Tommy's in Switzerland.
Ryan is in Sweden.
Chuck's In Nashville
Glen and Nita are in LA.
And Alice is in Phoenix.
ALL in self- isolation, and can't afford the risk of getting sick with shows booked.

Only way to do it would be digitally with everyone playing from home.

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:17 pm

I'm not sure that Alice is a big enough name these days for that platform. DVD sales are down and are not a big money maker so it would make sense but I just don't see it happening.

Not sure i agree with that tbh, i have seen documentaries on obscure genres and artists, live shows from obscure and famous alike.
Physical sales are down, but rock/metal tends to buck the trends and sell a decent amount of physical compared to other genres.
I havent seen sales figures for his albums/dvds so hard to know but i suspect if alice can regularly play arenas the world over he could get decent interest for a live show on netflix etc. even if only from the "i remember alice from my youth" brigade.

It seems the default position on here is alice wont sell enough of whatever product it is (be it a reissue, new album or live) with goof faith and good promotion - remember netflix has made a massive deal out of obscure comedy stand ups, documentaries and films which many people otherwise wouldn't touch. - i think alice could do well with a good live show.

Still it is relatively moot at this juncture, just baffles me that the best show for at least 20 years and no one has filmed it!!?!?

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:23 pm

Saint&Sinner wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:17 pm
Still it is relatively moot at this juncture, just baffles me that the best show for at least 20 years and no one has filmed it!!?!?
We don't know if there has been a show professionaly filmed or not.
Plus the show is likely to stay basically the same for a while yet, so plenty of time to do it.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:28 pm

Si wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:28 pm
mr.barlow wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:33 pm
Alice could do a FB live event and now would be a perfect time to do a set for the hardcore fans. Rent out a rehearsal hall or even a small theatre--bring out the touring band and let it rip.
Slight problem with that if you think about it.
Tommy's in Switzerland.
Ryan is in Sweden.
Chuck's In Nashville
Glen and Nita are in LA.
And Alice is in Phoenix.
ALL in self- isolation, and can't afford the risk of getting sick with shows booked.

Only way to do it would be digitally with everyone playing from home.

Maybe Alice could play the whole of DaDa at home. He has a keyboard and I'm sure a drum machine. Sheryl can do backing vocals.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:40 pm

Saint&Sinner wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:17 pm

Not sure i agree with that tbh, i have seen documentaries on obscure genres and artists, live shows from obscure and famous alike.
Physical sales are down, but rock/metal tends to buck the trends and sell a decent amount of physical compared to other genres.
I havent seen sales figures for his albums/dvds so hard to know but i suspect if alice can regularly play arenas the world over he could get decent interest for a live show on netflix etc. even if only from the "i remember alice from my youth" brigade.

It seems the default position on here is alice wont sell enough of whatever product it is (be it a reissue, new album or live) with goof faith and good promotion - remember netflix has made a massive deal out of obscure comedy stand ups, documentaries and films which many people otherwise wouldn't touch. - i think alice could do well with a good live show.

I think a documentary has a better chance. Super Duper and Super Mensch ( had Mike Myers name ) got on Hulu or whatever. As for a live show I just doubt there is a demand or whoever owns the rights would have gone after it. I don't think I have ever watched a live show on any platform.

I do agree it would be a shame if no one sees the show but as Si says there is still plenty of time...unless someone succumbs to the virus.

As for sales figures I think Bread Crumbs was a run of 10-20k and Paranormal probably 60-80k world wide. With respect it's hardly earth shattering. Netflix might go for The Stones, Madonna, U2, Springsteen etc but Alice is not even close to any of those.

NeilPearson
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by NeilPearson » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:03 pm

dadascot wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:25 am
Si has already replied about Wembley which I was told was filmed with some kind of 'virtual reality' cameras. The Paris show, the last one on the 2017 tour, that was put out on the "Paranormal Evening..." CD was also filmed (with regular cameras). I was surprised that it didn't come out at the time, or soon after, the CD release. With the new stage for the 'Ol Black Eyes' tour, it would be great to see a release from this tour.

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:40 am

can only reiterate that i'd jump all over a DVD/bluray of the new/current show, was absolutely storming. would have gone to multiple venues had money/tickets permitted.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:28 am

As much as the current situation sucks, you can only surmise that everyone will eventually by using their downtime to write (and possibly also record) new material. It's obviously not good if you haven't yet seen the new show, but in the long run we may all be rewarded with several albums worth of songs!

With the state of technology these days, it's not beyond the realms of possibility that the odd song or 2 could drop from your favourite artists over the coming weeks and months!
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order