New album.

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

New album.

Post by dadascot » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:45 am

Just a rambling thought from my self isolation unit, but perhaps this hiatus will mean that the new album will be finished a bit quicker.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Re: New album.

Post by Si » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:58 am

dadascot wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:45 am
Just a rambling thought from my self isolation unit, but perhaps this hiatus will mean that the new album will be finished a bit quicker.
It occurred to me as well that maybe they may switch the schedule so the recording "block" will be done while the tour is postponed, and the rescheduled dates, if they are able to reschedule, will go in what was originally intended to be recording time.
Nowadays a lot of the recording is done separately anyway making it a good way to limit close associations with people.
Nita has already announced she will be working to finish her second solo album during this period.
Of course just because they finish the album doesn't mean it will be *released* any earlier, as record companies have schedules set as well.

Maaki
Killer
Killer

Post by Maaki » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:54 pm

Whatever happened to the record that the touring band were planning a couple of years ago? Or did I make that up in my head?

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:58 pm

Maaki wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:54 pm
Whatever happened to the record that the touring band were planning a couple of years ago? Or did I make that up in my head?
It just seems to have disappeared.

patrick
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by patrick » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:53 pm

talking about "'self isolation" : yesterday there was an item on the radio on how to keep kids busy since they cannot go to school now... lots of ideas and suggestions ... and they finished the item by playing...School's out ! well we got no choice... How appropriate !
you really wouldn't understand..

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:27 pm

dadascot wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:45 am
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... pe-969277/

“While our management is working to reschedule the postponed shows, I’m going to finish work on my next album, which is nearly done,” he tells Rolling Stone via email. “At least now I won’t be squeezing in vocal recording sessions on days off, between shows. I don’t like a lot of time off, as anyone who sees my schedule already knows, but a little extra time at home can be re-energizing.”

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:15 am

Even if it does get finished early it doesn't mean it will get released early. It's not a good time to be releasing product and when, and if, the dust clears there will be a glut of artists wanting to get stuff out.

We will know very shortly if there are more travel restrictions that will affect this. Alice is 72 and needs to be careful.

Spiner202
Killer
Killer

Post by Spiner202 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:28 pm

Awesome news! It's actually been a few years since I last saw Alice live so I was looking forward to the upcoming tour, but I'm of the opinion that he should pump out as many albums as possible at this point in his career.

I do think the recording getting done earlier might push up the release. Everybody is sitting at home and people (unfortunately) don't buy a lot of physical music anymore; if someone can get a release out once it's ready, I think the streaming numbers would benefit.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:47 pm

Of course I hope for a lot of new albums and even more for reissues/remasters from the original Alice Cooper Band but I think Alice makes only money on his tours / merchandise etc.
The money he gets from downloads/streaming is minimum.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:59 pm

With CA on lockdown im guessing Arizona will shortly follow. Alice should stay home. I am assuming he would record there and if not, out of state travel would not be possible.

Maybe he could get his metal chums to do their version of imagine.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:11 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:59 pm
With CA on lockdown im guessing Arizona will shortly follow. Alice should stay home. I am assuming he would record there and if not, out of state travel would not be possible.
He can record at home, or at local studios to home if really needed. They no longer need to travel to Nashville etc most of the time for most of the recording.
For example in a recent interview with Tommy I think he mentions most of the 'Rise' vocals were done in hotel rooms while on tour.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:34 pm

Interesting.

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:37 pm

https://rockmusicstar.com/2019/07/11/ho ... ires-rise/
What is most surprising about ‘Rise,’ is that the album was essentially recorded only using a laptop and a SM-57 microphone. All the songs were cut live in hotel rooms, with minimal auto tuning or time correction. It was later decided to recut Sobel’s drum tracks in an actual recording studio with the highly regarded engineer/mixer/producer Mike Plotnikoff, who also wound up mixing the record, which was later mastered by the legendary Howie Weinberg.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:49 pm

Imagine being in a room next to that racket!

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:56 pm

SickThings wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:37 pm
https://rockmusicstar.com/2019/07/11/ho ... ires-rise/
What is most surprising about ‘Rise,’ is that the album was essentially recorded only using a laptop and a SM-57 microphone. All the songs were cut live in hotel rooms, with minimal auto tuning or time correction. It was later decided to recut Sobel’s drum tracks in an actual recording studio with the highly regarded engineer/mixer/producer Mike Plotnikoff, who also wound up mixing the record, which was later mastered by the legendary Howie Weinberg.
Interesting, Iggy cut an EP a year or so ago in an attempt to score the T2 Transpotting soundtrack with Underworld. From what I've read Iggy showed up to a hotel room 1 afternoon & saw a roomful of digital equipment. Then took his notes & sat down (or stood) in front of a mike.They recorded something interesting but, "Get Your Shirt" is a standout.
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...