Dada God
Dada God

Re: Live at Glasgow '82 - 2lp RSD 20202

Post by Toronto Bob » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:00 pm

Si wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:32 am
pitkin88 wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:58 pm
Have to say the album cover is really weak. I'm guessing it is a gatefold which makes me wonder what the inside will be like.
I agree with you (shock horror!)
If it's NOT a gatefold sleeve with some really cool photos inside I will be very disappointed, as I was with the Texas '73 RSD vinyl sleeve.

Let's be honest, most of us have had this recording for decades so in many ways, as with most vinyl reissues, we're really buying the packaging,
With Texas '73 yes for sure but this could be different. Aside from the 3 tracks on the FBO EP, the rest of this show only circulates in an unknown generation radio broadcast recording. A clear crisp pre-broadcast master or 1st generation recording would be a worthwhile upgrade. And a complete School's Out would be icing on the cake. My hope is that a cd release is made available after the RSD release. A spiffy gatefold would be very cool as well

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:46 pm

Record Store Day this year has apparently been postponed until June 20th due to Coronavirus.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:50 pm

I think the real reason they moved it to the new date is that it is the day after my birthday so now I know what I am going to be getting.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:46 pm

This release will come to the shops on the 24th of october as part of the RSD day, just confirmed.
I'm glad it finally will come out.

patrick
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by patrick » Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:00 pm

could it be that back in time I saw a bootleg LP, Alice in white vest , hair held togehter with a pin...
i remember not buying it then for being a student on a small budget and most of the songs were already on other lp's ( wasn't really collecting back then.. ) I doubt if "For Britain Only" was on that bootleg, and if it was , it was the only song i didn't know..
If it is not on Live at Glasgow it must have been another bootleg.. Known to anyone ?
you really wouldn't understand..

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:54 am

patrick wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:00 pm
could it be that back in time I saw a bootleg LP, Alice in white vest , hair held togehter with a pin...
i remember not buying it then for being a student on a small budget and most of the songs were already on other lp's ( wasn't really collecting back then.. ) I doubt if "For Britain Only" was on that bootleg, and if it was , it was the only song i didn't know..
If it is not on Live at Glasgow it must have been another bootleg.. Known to anyone ?

Have you looked in the bootleg section here?

patrick
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by patrick » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:51 pm

yes I did. the one from the Special forces period comes close to what I remember from it ( so long ago .)
but no For Britain Only
guess it was never played live ?

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:32 pm

Correct.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:05 pm

I always wondered why they didn.t play FBO in the UK.
The song is not that difficult and it would bring a huge reaction from the crowd.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:25 pm

mestreech wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:05 pm
The song is not that difficult and it would bring a huge reaction from the crowd.
It was written and released AFTER the UK tour in 1982, as a "thank you" to the UK fans who continued to support him.
There was no tour from then until 1986, which was a different sort of show (more "metal")
The song is only really known to the hardcore fans, so really isn't that high a possible selection for any set list since.

While it would be great to hear it in the UK, I think only a very small number of people would know it at an arena show, and I doubt very much that it would get a "huge reaction" from most of that audience. I mean, My Stars doesn't get that sort of reaction and it's an all-time classic.

Logan
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Logan » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:56 am

I have a few bootlegs from this show some edited versions and I believe one complete CD but would like a clean audio version. His backing band at this time were amazing. All the songs seemed to be sped up even the ballads. Hah! Last I heard in the States it's going to be released on 3 dates. I remember one is Aug 29th cause that's my birthday so can't forget that day. Other 2 days not sure. Yeah hope they include some cool concert shots.

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:27 am

Si wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:25 pm
mestreech wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:05 pm
It was written and released AFTER the UK tour in 1982, as a "thank you" to the UK fans who continued to support him.
There was no tour from then until 1986, which was a different sort of show (more "metal")
The song is only really known to the hardcore fans, so really isn't that high a possible selection for any set list since.

While it would be great to hear it in the UK, I think only a very small number of people would know it at an arena show, and I doubt very much that it would get a "huge reaction" from most of that audience. I mean, My Stars doesn't get that sort of reaction and it's an all-time classic.
could work as an outro tape I reckon, something to play as the crowd are exiting.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:15 am

Logan wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:56 am
I have a few bootlegs from this show some edited versions and I believe one complete CD but would like a clean audio version. His backing band at this time were amazing. All the songs seemed to be sped up even the ballads. Hah! Last I heard in the States it's going to be released on 3 dates. I remember one is Aug 29th cause that's my birthday so can't forget that day. Other 2 days not sure. Yeah hope they include some cool concert shots.
RSD has been split into three dates, Aug 29th, Sept 26th and Oct 24th.
Each RSD release will come out on ONE of the three days and the Glasgow Album is set of Oct 24th.

patrick
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by patrick » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:00 pm

patrick wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:00 pm
ok, thanks to the suggestions on this site, I found out that I must have had the 12'' For Britain Only lp in my hands, some decades ago...And FBO was the only song not live, the other three where live and that's why I thought it could have been a bootleg, but it seems it was a regular release..

VinceRaven
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by VinceRaven » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:46 am

Not long until October's Record Store Day now, assuming there are no further delays.

Do we think the Covid crisis is going to make it easier or harder to get our hands on this album?

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:04 am

VinceRaven wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:46 am
Not long until October's Record Store Day now, assuming there are no further delays.

Do we think the Covid crisis is going to make it easier or harder to get our hands on this album?
There will also be signed CD copies of Blue Coupe's 'Eleven Even' in some stores, presumably in the US mainly.

As to if it will be easier.... All I can relate is my experience of getting something in the first lockdown RSD in August.

I can't get to a store so have to rely on online sales after the stores shut (they aren't allowed to sell online until the evening).
A lot of the websites over here crashed when the sales went live online. The sites couldn't cope with the traffic and it took hours before they got them working again. However once they did there were still copies of what I wanted available as long as I didn't wait a couple of days.

The items were on ebay at inflated prices almost immediately they went onsale but you COULD get them from online stores the following morning at normal price if you looked around and I got both my target releases.

I got the Houston album the same way but it was MUCH easier that time. No website hassles. Just went to the page and ordered when it went live.

So yes, it IS harder at the moment, at least for me, but I still got what I wanted at retail price.

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:35 pm

Went down to my local store in the west end of Glasgow last week to be told they were getting the grand total of two copies of the album and have numerous people enquiring already.

They also told me that two other shops in Glasgow were getting 5 copies or less. There is only another shop in the Glasgow area and I’m trying to get through to them just now. If they are the same then it’s possibly less than 20 copies available in the city where the gig was!

VinceRaven
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by VinceRaven » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:41 pm

del wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:35 pm
Went down to my local store in the west end of Glasgow last week to be told they were getting the grand total of two copies of the album and have numerous people enquiring already.

They also told me that two other shops in Glasgow were getting 5 copies or less. There is only another shop in the Glasgow area and I’m trying to get through to them just now. If they are the same then it’s possibly less than 20 copies available in the city where the gig was!
This is upsetting news

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:09 pm

Anyone got any idea how many copies are being distributed in the UK? Spoke to the last store in Glasgow this morning and they think its a "very small number". although they are hoping for 10.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:54 pm

Apparently 750 copies in total.