Dada God
Dada God

Re: Live at Glasgow '82 - 2lp RSD 20202

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:48 pm

mestreech wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:12 pm
Great stories guys
Seconded! :clap:
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

tommycooper
Trash
Trash

Post by tommycooper » Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:21 am

My memories of that night aged 19. Travelled from the north of Scotland with a mate and joined a queue hours before the doors opened. Not sure why as it was all seated! At one point some side doors were opened and we could hear live music from the venue. Asked the roadies who’d opened the doors whether it was Alice rehearsing. They looked at each other, laughed and said “Alice doesn’t need to rehearse”. Got the impression they’d used that line before!

When we got into the venue were super excited as we rushed to row A. Then got redirected to row AA just a little further back! Pretty certain (like lots of gigs back then before health and safety) that the venue was well lit and then instantly went pitch black to let us know Alice was on his way. Huge cheer at that point, followed by a rush down the aisles as people tried to get nearer the front. I think I heard the “Alice” chant (with obligatory 3 claps!) as much that night as the other nearly 50 times I’ve seen him since put together. Just brilliant.

And finally, the speed of the gig. It felt over almost as soon as it had begun. Never thought for a moment as it ended that I’d ever see him again- especially at Wembley November 1986 looking like he did in the 70s! And if his 2019 tour turns out to be his last, what a ride we’ve had. Live, he’s never let me down.

Thanks for the memories Alice

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:31 am

Cool posts guys, especially for us folk too young to have been there (I was only 4).

Looking forward to receiving my copy soon.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:20 pm

Just gave the double LP a spin. Really impressed with the sound quality on this.

VinceRaven
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by VinceRaven » Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:02 am

I had a similar experience of this gig as some of the previous comments. I can still vividly remember a kid walking up to me in school and saying, "Have you seen Alice Cooper is coming to the Apollo?"

I also thought it would be my one and only chance to see him live since, as we all thought, he was now getting quite old to still be hitting the stage. Ideas like that seem crazy these days but this was around the time that people were expecting the Stones to retire because most of them were not far off 40-years-old (and Bill Wyman was already well by it).

I won't go into all the stories around my personal experience but, even after years of gig-going and seeing many artists I'm a big fan of, this is still right up there as one of my favourite experiences ever, musical or otherwise.

It's only now, reading this thread and letting the memories return big time, that I'm realising the level of devastation I would have felt had I not got a ticket. It would have tormented me to this day.

KeithGale
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by KeithGale » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:58 am

Not sure if this was posted, Alice made a brief appearance in the UK vinyl album charts!

https://www.officialcharts.com/charts/v ... 0201030/9/

rtbuck
Killer
Killer

Post by rtbuck » Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:43 am

What can I say?...I love this! It brought back memories of seeing this tour in North Tonawanda, NY(Near Buffalo)...I had been a huge Cooper fan since I bought the Alice Cooper Show when it was first released a few years earlier & within a short span of time I had all of his albums and a couple of King Biscuit Flour Hour shows on cassette. Anyway, I was totally confused at this show. I was 4 rows from the stage(It was a revolving stage) The show started with dry ice, the intro, & the band dressed in camouflage. I think they threw out cardboard grenades to the crowd. Alice ran down the aisle & onto the stag. I could not believe it was him or what I was looking at. Special Forces wasn't out yet but boy, did I love the Who Do You Think we are song they opened with! I couldn't believe I was hearing Model Citizen & Guilty live & sure Alice looked strange but he and the band Kicked ass pounding out song after song... I felt that same vibe listening to this record...I wish that band would have been together longer...I love the version of Generation Landslide on here(the guitars are great!). I thought when I seen them they jammed Generation Landslide longer but who knows I may have just been blown away by the guitars(hearing this version I can almost see Mike Pinera's face as he was really into his playing...)