65 Quid For an Autograph!

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Devon, Shoesalesman

User avatar
dadascot
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 936
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:17 pm

Re: 65 Quid For an Autograph!

Post by dadascot » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:15 am

I got killer signed when I met him in Edinburgh in 1986 and fistful of Alice when I met him in 1997. Both times I pretended to be there on official business. The folly of youth. I would like to point out that you are not just paying for an autograph but also to meet your idol and have a quick chat and a photo. In the grand scheme of things £65 is the cost of seven packs of cigarettes.

User avatar
VinceRaven
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby
Posts: 329
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:33 pm

Re: 65 Quid For an Autograph!

Post by VinceRaven » Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:02 pm

dadascot wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:15 am
I got killer signed when I met him in Edinburgh in 1986 and fistful of Alice when I met him in 1997. Both times I pretended to be there on official business. The folly of youth. I would like to point out that you are not just paying for an autograph but also to meet your idol and have a quick chat and a photo. In the grand scheme of things £65 is the cost of seven packs of cigarettes.
Ha! I got Killer signed then as well.

I also got Pretties for You signed. "Wow, that's an old one" he said to me.

In a scary time comparison, Pretties for You was 17 years old at that point. Brutal Planet is now 20 years old.

User avatar
VinceRaven
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby
Posts: 329
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:33 pm

Re: 65 Quid For an Autograph!

Post by VinceRaven » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:33 am

Just realised I remembered this wrong. It was actually 1987 I met Alice in Edinburgh.

User avatar
VinceRaven
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby
Posts: 329
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:33 pm

Re: 65 Quid For an Autograph!

Post by VinceRaven » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:29 pm

Had it pointed out to me that Alice wasn't in Edinburgh in 1987. Must have been 1988 then!

Watch this space for further updates.

User avatar
Si
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 3911
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 5:47 am
Location: London
Contact:

Re: 65 Quid For an Autograph!

Post by Si » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:40 pm

VinceRaven wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:29 pm
Had it pointed out to me that Alice wasn't in Edinburgh in 1987. Must have been 1988 then!
Watch this space for further updates.
April 1st 1988... you sure it wasn't Bill Crowe? :rotfl:

User avatar
VinceRaven
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby
Posts: 329
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:33 pm

Re: 65 Quid For an Autograph!

Post by VinceRaven » Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:53 pm

Si wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:40 pm
VinceRaven wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:29 pm
Had it pointed out to me that Alice wasn't in Edinburgh in 1987. Must have been 1988 then!
Watch this space for further updates.
April 1st 1988... you sure it wasn't Bill Crowe? :rotfl:
Superb! Yes, must have been him.

del
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby
Posts: 407
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:22 pm
Location: Glasgow

Re: 65 Quid For an Autograph!

Post by del » Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:45 am

I was at all the Edinburgh dates in 86 and 88. I was so excited to have the real Alice back after his problems and seeing the Nightmare Returns Detroit video I didn't even consider trying for an autograph and instead spent all my time in the pubs talking to fans from all over the UK who, without exception were in the same mood. Brilliant gigs and excellent crowds, even on the train back to Glasgow.

button
Trash
Trash
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:21 pm

Re: 65 Quid For an Autograph!

Post by button » Thu May 21, 2020 5:11 pm

Has anyone ever come across this story (starts at 4:16)?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcevodYdvxY

I think that's really hilarious.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 4319
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:25 am
Location: calif

Re: 65 Quid For an Autograph!

Post by pitkin88 » Fri May 22, 2020 3:10 am

Very funny!

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby
Posts: 290
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:34 pm

Re: 65 Quid For an Autograph!

Post by rgallie » Fri May 22, 2020 9:17 pm

Thats not a bad deal, people pay £50 for a signed vinyl via official artists shops these days, £65 to meet Alice and get a sig is no bad, maybe try and have a mate on standby who can sneak a mobile photo of you talking to him? On the subject of signed albums maybe with lockdown Alice will be working his way through some albums covers, it seems to be the popular thing at the moment to boost sales and chart position (just don't do an Ozzy auto pen job)

Post Reply