65 Quid For an Autograph!

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Re: 65 Quid For an Autograph!

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:09 pm

65 pounds for an Autograph is hardly a small price for an autograph. His signature is not even that good! At least Si agrees with me.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:18 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:09 pm
65 pounds for an Autograph is hardly a small price for an autograph. His signature is not even that good! At least Si agrees with me.
It's not a small price at all, and you can get official pre-signed stuff for about half that amount. I guess the difference in price accounts for the experience of meeting him and possibly having the autograph personalised.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:58 am

pitkin88 wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:15 am
In the old days bands would sign an album you bought at a signing which I think is fine. Charging 65 quid for a signature is beyond the pale. His links to film and comics are tenuous at best. I hope it flops for him to be perfectly honest.
I have a signed LP of The Fabulous Thunderbirds "Tuff Enuff" Album by the whole band & all that was necessary was to show up at the record store & buy the Lp before you got in line.
Jimmie Vaughn (Stevie's older brother) was in the band at that time.
They both played locally either that evening or the next w/SRV Headlining.
Jimmie came out for an SRV encore & both played the same double neck guitar! Good Times! :rock:
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:39 am

Personally, I've decided that I don't care about this stuff anymore.

So, he'll make a few quid in a few hours by making some people very happy. He's a celeb and celebs need to work at staying celebs.Rather see him top of the bill than at a bargain bucket £20 with the old Dr. Who.

As for links to comic and film, I've no doubt he's on the bill in his capacity as a celeb to help sell tickets but he certainly has the film and TV creds in particular and we all know the comic connections, whether or not they are significant.

Hope the people who pay have a great time.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:28 am

I know an actor colleague who played a major role in a major film franchise around fifteen years ago. He has never had such a major role since but makes around £30k at each convention. Nice money if you can get it.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:34 pm

Is it a secret who he is?

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:02 am

pitkin88 wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:34 pm
Is it a secret who he is?
That's why he makes so much. Everybody just queue's up for anonymous! :rotfl:

Cold Room
Killer
Killer

Post by Cold Room » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:37 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:59 pm
It's quite amusing that " actor " Alice Cooper has the most expensive autograph price. The mind boggles at what the " gift " is if you decide it's a must have.

Anyone care to hazard a guess what it could be? 10% off coupon for a Hollywood Vampires meet and greet? $5 off Sheps Big Island Buffet?*
*Please note. That $5 off coupon applies only to the lunch buffet on weekdays.
What you want and what you get are two different things

Cold Room
Killer
Killer

Post by Cold Room » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:45 pm

How many zillions of autographs has Alice given out in his career? And still, some people are silly enough to PAY $85 for his autograph. Oh yeah, it gives you a personal connection to him....just like he is personally connected to those other zillion people he has given his autograph.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:09 pm

While not cheap, it's not exorbitant. It's pretty much market rate. I've been to events like these and Alice is usually the biggest draw with hundreds of people waiting to get his autograph. And they always walk away smiling.

Some people have disposable income and are glad to have the opportunity to meet someone they're a big fan of where as they might never get the opportunity otherwise.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:09 pm

Cold Room wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:45 pm
How many zillions of autographs has Alice given out in his career? And still, some people are silly enough to PAY $85 for his autograph. Oh yeah, it gives you a personal connection to him....just like he is personally connected to those other zillion people he has given his autograph.
It's called a memory.

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:33 am

I must be the odd man out, but I don't care for autographs and meet and greets. I bought the records when I was a teen, listened to them and went to the concerts. Thats how I still like it. It seems weird to me for people to want so much more out of another human being. I've owned several autographed Coop items and I gave them away - how dare he write on my favorite records. Maybe it all stems from when I was 12 and accidentally unearthed human bones up on the hill (it still haunts me although it was a long forgotten and unmarked cemetery). You can go too far with things. Why does Annie Wilkes come to mind? :D
"He's old, the snake's got gray hair..."

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:18 pm

padre_sliprat wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:33 am
I must be the odd man out, but I don't care for autographs and meet and greets. I bought the records when I was a teen, listened to them and went to the concerts. Thats how I still like it. It seems weird to me for people to want so much more out of another human being.
And some people would think it's really weird to want to spend so much time discussing a band/artist on a message board. To each their own.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:24 am

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:18 pm
And some people would think it's really weird to want to spend so much time discussing a band/artist on a message board To each their own.
It takes moments, not money (which has already been spent) on a message board, (Thanks to Si & his board!) & might have results with more info in addition to adding to others appreciation of band/artist.
It's a chore to save/protect a signature on an article without loss or damage due to unforeseen circumstances.

rtbuck
Killer
Killer

Post by rtbuck » Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:35 am

There's no way I would pay that much for an autograph but Just curious is Alice charging that much or is the Film & Comic Con setting the prices... Only because I once read that for certain sports stars... the stars are paid so much for being there and the place that has them charges what they want for the autograph... I read that years ago and don't remember much about it...

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:20 pm

Daggers & Contracts wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:24 am
It takes moments, not money (which has already been spent) on a message board, (Thanks to Si & his board!) & might have results with more info in addition to adding to others appreciation of band/artist.
It's a chore to save/protect a signature on an article without loss or damage due to unforeseen circumstances.
No need to justify it. My point is some people like different things than you.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:21 pm

rtbuck wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:35 am
There's no way I would pay that much for an autograph but Just curious is Alice charging that much or is the Film & Comic Con setting the prices... Only because I once read that for certain sports stars... the stars are paid so much for being there and the place that has them charges what they want for the autograph... I read that years ago and don't remember much about it...
Most of these conventions state that the artists set their own prices.

Cold Room
Killer
Killer

Post by Cold Room » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:03 pm

Years ago, when I still "idolized" people for their particular skills, I developed a little skill to bring myself (and that person) back to reality. I picture this idolized person sitting on the toilet...just like everyone else. Kind of kinky I guess...but it would make you think twice about paying money for their signature. Paying a man or women who is sitting on a toilet $85 for a signature is not something I would do. Sadly....I think some here wouldn't be deterred by that situation. LOL :laugh:

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:11 am

Now I know why Bob's favorite solo album is Flush The Fashion!

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:21 am

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:20 pm
Daggers & Contracts wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:24 am
No need to justify it. My point is some people like different things than you.
Justification aside. I have many autographs & I treasure them. But, to go out of my way & spend massive $$$ (IMO) doesn't have too much benefit or merit. However, to meet AC would be something to remember!