Roots of Rock n Roll Intervew 1980

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

rtbuck
Killer
Killer

Roots of Rock n Roll Intervew 1980

Post by rtbuck » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:54 am

I came across this today & was wondering where the old School's Out footage that is playing in the background is from... The reason I was asking was because this is the Footage(Not the Alice interview parts) I always wondered about. This is the footage I seen on Don Kirschner's Rock Concert in the late 70's and that was the last time I seen it until now. They spliced in the hanging scene so when I first seen it in the late 70's I thought he did the hanging during School's Out...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXBWTavheVc

nrc
Trash
Trash

Re: Roots of Rock n Roll Intervew 1980

Post by nrc » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:11 am

Not sure what you're asking. The interview was done in '80 but the concert footage is definitely late Killer or early School's Out era based on the costume/band. That was still the hanging phase.

rtbuck
Killer
Killer

Re: Roots of Rock n Roll Intervew 1980

Post by rtbuck » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:27 pm

I had seen the School's Out film(with the hanging) on Don Kirshner's Rock concert in the late 70's & that was the only time I seen that footage...I was surprised it never surfaced on YouTube or on any of Alice's DVD's so I was happy that it was on in the background of that 1980 video so I was curious what that footage actually was... which one member here did message me to tell me it was an official Promo Film for School's Out from New York's Academy of Music but that was all the info... so I did my answer...I just wish it would officially get released on something eventually because it is cool footage