Giant Baby

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

mr.barlow

Giant Baby

Post by mr.barlow » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:50 am

I saw in another thread where the Giant Baby came out to frolic during School's Out at the most recent show. That's fantastic!

The Giant Baby is to me the greatest prop since the Cyclops and ranks in the best Alice props ever!

The potential with the Giant Baby is endless.

They could have the Giant Baby walk around the commercial/business districts of each town during the day of the show.

The Giant Baby could show up at high profile events---unannounced!

Setting up a photo booth stand prior to the show to have your picture taken (for a fee) with the Giant Baby.

Set up a campaign to run the Giant Baby for president in 2020.

Alice and Shep---there's cash to be made with that little bastard!

VinceLeeRose
Killer
Killer

Re: Giant Baby

Post by VinceLeeRose » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:40 am

Ha ha i guess I'm in the minority because I think it's a little cheesy. Maybe if the design was a little different I'd warm up to it, but "Billion Dollar Baby" printed on the baby's chest is just a little too obvious.

I pretty much dig everything else I've seen so far of the new stage and set - Just wish this tour was coming anywhere REMOTELY close to the west coast. We did get the HV though... :/

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:08 am

mr.barlow wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:50 am
I saw in another thread where the Giant Baby came out to frolic during School's Out at the most recent show. That's fantastic!

The Giant Baby is to me the greatest prop since the Cyclops and ranks in the best Alice props ever!

They could have the Giant Baby walk around the commercial/business districts of each town during the day of the show.

Setting up a photo booth stand prior to the show to have your picture taken (for a fee) with the Giant Baby.

Giant Baby & Baby Trump sneak into the White House & take over...& no one notices!!
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:12 am

VinceLeeRose wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:40 am
Ha ha i guess I'm in the minority because I think it's a little cheesy. Maybe if the design was a little different I'd warm up to it, but "Billion Dollar Baby" printed on the baby's chest is just a little too obvious.

I pretty much dig everything else I've seen so far of the new stage and set - Just wish this tour was coming anywhere REMOTELY close to the west coast. We did get the HV though... :/
To me--that's what makes it so epic! It's so awfully bad it's awfully great. This is something Dali would have loved!

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:19 am

Daggers & Contracts wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:08 am
mr.barlow wrote:

Giant Baby & Baby Trump sneak into the White House & take over...& no one notices!!
That's exactly the publicity stunt I'm talking about. Have Giant Baby show up unannounced at one of the political protests and pick a fight with Baby Trump. Slap it, kick it, and stomp away!

Think of it---even if Giant Baby doesn't get close to the protest it will generate a ton of publicity.
It could be used as a pre-cursor to another Alice Cooper For President campaign.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:55 am

Daggers & Contracts wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:08 am
mr.barlow wrote:

post of the day!

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:07 am

mkayers
Trash
Trash

Post by mkayers » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:48 am

I wonder why they quit using the cyclops back in 2010? Not sure how many shows it was used in. Watching the videos of it it was a bit cheesier than the 70s cyclops for some reason.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:51 pm

Post of the week!

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:23 pm

It's really cool, like a cross between the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man and a Garbage Pail Kid.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:52 am

Off topic. I would love to see the rebirth of the Giant monster from the Constrictor-tour.
He puts it together and then breaks it - great trick.
Always wonder why he didn't used that more often.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:59 pm

mestreech wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:52 am
Off topic. I would love to see the rebirth of the Giant monster from the Constrictor-tour.
He puts it together and then breaks it - great trick.
Always wonder why he didn't used that more often.
Building & Demolition?
You need 2 different Union Cards for that! :rotfl:
That's too much for even an outgoing 71+ year old man! :alice:

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:56 am

The giant baby is the ONLY thing in the new show I'm not a big fan of. I know some people like the whole it's so bad it's good thing, but I'm not one of them. That said, I think this is his best show in over 30 years, so it's really not that big of a deal.
"THEY'RE NEVER GONNA FIND YOUR FACE"

- ALICE COOPER

KeithGale
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by KeithGale » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:47 pm

mr.barlow wrote:

I agree, this was an unexpected addition to the show and the potential is huge. I have one concern though, when Baby appeared initially, he broke through the castle wall and attacked Alice (loved this, pure vaudeville), then Alice would be swiftly removed of his head and Baby would be seen celebrating. Recently Baby has started coming out just after the execution, this has lost some of the impact.
I hope they reinstate Baby attacking Alice. Just a thought!

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:41 pm

KeithGale wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:47 pm
mr.barlow wrote:

I agree, this was an unexpected addition to the show and the potential is huge. I have one concern though, when Baby appeared initially, he broke through the castle wall and attacked Alice (loved this, pure vaudeville), then Alice would be swiftly removed of his head and Baby would be seen celebrating. Recently Baby has started coming out just after the execution, this has lost some of the impact.
I hope they reinstate Baby attacking Alice. Just a thought!
Or it could be that AC suffered a slight (or more severe) injury. Maybe they needed a bit more rehearsal?

KeithGale
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by KeithGale » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:38 am

Or it could be that AC suffered a slight (or more severe) injury. Maybe they needed a bit more rehearsal?
[/quote]

Quite possibly and to be fair when you are confronted with an oversized infant, it is hard to estimate it's punching power!
:laugh:

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:40 pm

What a difference a week (well 5 days) makes. I don't know if it just took me getting used to it but my opinion on the giant baby has completely changed. I actually really like it now as there is something very bizarre and nightmarish about it.
"THEY'RE NEVER GONNA FIND YOUR FACE"

- ALICE COOPER

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:41 pm

Kids eh?

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Post by tuneylune » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:13 am

HORRORHOLIC wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:40 pm
I actually really like it now as there is something very bizarre and nightmarish about it.
Indeed there is....so gross but funny too! As other STUKer's mentioned, there are so many possibilities!

How about a battle between the Giant Baby and "Franken-Alice" over who gets to hold the Head?
"I need everything the world owes me..."

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:01 pm

that's a funny idea and it would work perfectly. The only addition is that I would make them battle over the head and bumble it to where the head goes into the audience. Each night one lucky audience member leaves with Alice's head.

They could mass produce the heads (make them cheaper--although the current head looks cheap enough) and it would be a memorable gag.

C'mon Alice and Shep--open up those wallets and start production on those cheap plastic heads.