Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

B$B outtakes/demo's/rehearsels etc.

Post by mestreech » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:48 am

Hi,
I have outtakes / demo's etc from the early albums up until Schools out and Muscle of love but I never saw any of those from the B$B sessions/album.
Why not? Do they excist and who has some of them?

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: B$B outtakes/demo's/rehearsels etc.

Post by Ted Sallis » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:23 am

A few BDB outtakes were released on the Rhino/WB 2 CD deluxe edition of that album:

1. Son of Billion Dollar Babies (aka Generation Landslide)
2. Slick Black Limousine (originally released on a NME flexidisk in Feb. 1973).
3. Coal Black Model T (an earlier version of SBL).

AMUK has stated elsewhere in this Forum that there were several other tracks from the BDB album sessions (including the title track with a different drum pattern) which he felt should have been included in the deluxe edition but was overruled by WB. I don't know which other tracks remain unreleased.

Ted

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:58 am

AMUK has stated elsewhere in this Forum that there were several other tracks from the BDB album sessions (including the title track with a different drum pattern) which he felt should have been included in the deluxe edition but was overruled by WB. I don't know which other tracks remain unreleased.
Another example of alice fans getting duped out of proper deluxe editions, other bands get such amazing packages, alice fans always get bare bones. It's a real shame.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:49 am

Im pretty sure I had a diff version of Generation Landslide. I think the drum carries on after the song ends. No idea what happened to it.

There is also the spoken word " have you ever had gasss before " which was edited out on the studio version. That is available on the flexi.

I remember Steve Hoffman saying there were some fades or snippets on the end of the ahem master he worked from.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:51 am

IIRC the GL with the drums carrying on is from the Quad version and later the DVD Audio

I remember buying a tape in the eighties claiming it was B$B outtakes with 2 versions of every song. Well it was the Quad lp with Ch1&2 and Ch 3&4. I actually didn't mind because I didn't have the quad lp and there were significant differences in many of the songs.

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Ted Sallis » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:26 am

Toronto Bob wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:51 am
I remember buying a tape in the eighties claiming it was B$B outtakes with 2 versions of every song. Well it was the Quad lp with Ch1&2 and Ch 3&4. I actually didn't mind because I didn't have the quad lp and there were significant differences in many of the songs.
I bought a 2 LP boot. in 1990 which claimed the same thing and I didn't mind very much when I found out the truth for the same reason: I didn't have the quad. album.

Ted