Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Re: The muppet show

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:47 pm

Suspiria wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:44 pm
Explain to me what is incorrect?? Okay, how about stating that an album where Alice Cooper sings lead vocals is not actually an Alice Cooper album. That is incorrect. It's just plain laughable that you're attempting to argue otherwise. :rotfl:

How about you go into a brick and mortar store and ask for Alice Coopers Rise. You are beyond delusional.

mr.barlow

Re: Rise - First reviews

Post by mr.barlow » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:03 am

Here's another few questions for Sussudio.

Are The Michael Schenker Group albums Gary Bardon albums?
J. Geils Band-Peter Wolf albums?
The Rolling Stones-Mick Jagger albums?
Blondie-Debbie Harry albums?

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:43 am

The Michael Schenker Group albums Gary Bardon albums
no, they are graham bonnet albums ;) hahaha

Hollywood vampires is not an alice cooper album. It is a side project which , especially on this album he has made a thing of taking a backseat, I believe he has not contributed much lyrically/songwriting wise either (I seem to remember seeing an interview with him talking about this)
I also believe if it was an alice cooper album it would be, you know......good.

Suspiria
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Suspiria » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:12 am

mr.barlow wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:16 pm
Tin Machine albums David Bowie albums?
Yes.
Neil Harrison.

Suspiria
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Suspiria » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:22 am

It's unrealistic for artists who have had long and successful solo careers to suddenly expect everyone to miraculously see a latter-day "insert random band name here" album as being much different from a solo project. Especially if they're still the lead vocalist and have often worked with different collaborators over the years. It's almost as nonsensical as the time when Prince decided to change his name to a symbol.

Edit: It is also seeming that those who are at great pains to try to point out that Rise is not an Alice Cooper record, don't actually much like the album??
Neil Harrison.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:51 pm

That is beyond ridiculous.
When a solo artist/lead vocalist joins a band you are saying that it's still be considered a solo project?

I can list countless example of this throughout the history or rock and popular music to bury your argument but I will save my time as you don't seem the intelligence to grasp the concept. Nor do you have any concept of the whole of Alice Cooper.

As for Prince, that was done to screw the record company and to get out of his contract. You know---google is there for everyone to use.

Alice himself has clearly stated that it is NOT a solo project and he is relieved by that fact. He gets a break from trotting out the tired old character and gives himself something else to do--which he seems to be enjoying. Are you saying Alice is wrong?

Also, what about Joe Perry and Johnny Depp? Are you saying they are Alice's sidemen?

Just because you believe something to be true does not make it so. There are those among who think that hair metal is music worthy of respect which is also a falsehood. There are those who think that Glenn was "pushed out the door" which is also false.

There are those who think that Trash is Alice's best album which is a complete falsehood. And...your thinking that HV is a solo Alice project ranks right up there with Glenn played on B$B. Total bulls*it!

You may want to contact Alive Enterprises and ask if HV is an Alice solo record. There you will get a definitive answer from the source.

So in closing Mr. Sussudio, you are free to your own delusions. There are several members on here who also suffer from delusional thought. Possibly Si can add another area to the forum where you can have a group therapy session and share your delusions.

Suspiria
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Suspiria » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:06 pm

Did Alice Cooper and David Bowie 'join' those bands or did they co-create them? There's a big difference.
Neil Harrison.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:50 pm

It doesn't matter if they "joined" or co-created the band. It's a BAND.

Tin Machine was a BAND.
Hollywood Vampires is a BAND
Blind Faith was a BAND
Velvet Revolver was a BAND
The Mothers Of Invention were a BAND
Big Brother And The Holding Company was a BAND
Alice Cooper was originally a BAND (you are aware that the band was known collectively as Alice Cooper and Alice co-opted the name)

Shall I continue??

It's this simple if it were an Alice Cooper solo project, why would Alice and Shep have not released it as such. The album is having success--likely will outsell Paranormal so wouldn't Alice want to keep all the profits for himself if it were a solo project.

Also, are the promoters booking this as an Alice solo act? I bet the HV are drawing at least 5 times the crowds Alice is drawing at his solo performances. Did you ever stop to think that this may be one of the reasons Alice joined and continues on with this BAND? It's incredibly lucrative.

At 71 years old Alice can relax a bit and not have to carry a show by himself---did you ever stop to think that this may be a reason he is in this BAND?

Finally---bottom line---like anything in life and business---it's about THE MONEY.

Alice joined/co-created this band for THE MONEY. Don't delude yourself and think that Alice is the main draw here---like it or not--the press is on board because of Johnny Depp. A lot of the crowd is there to see Johnny Depp. The videos get clicks because of Johnny Depp.

Alice and Joe are there to enjoy themselves and take a ride on the publicity and the MONEY TRAIN.

I would bet that Alice has made more money on the HV tours than he has on his solo tours of the last few years without having to do all the work and not carry around the tired old toy box!

Suspiria
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Suspiria » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:03 pm

One reason the Hollywood Vampire appearances might generate more cash is because people really want to see Alice Cooper perform some different songs. For too long now, the Alice solo setlist has been extremely repetitious imo. btw No doubt an insufferable know-it-all (such as yourself) will take issue with that statement.
Neil Harrison.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:40 pm

Insufferable as I may be--it still does take away from the fact that your are insufferably WRONG!

Johnny Depp is the main draw for the promoters and a good portion of the fans.

Also, Alice performs School's Out and Eighteen with the HV. How is this different from his solo tours?
Also, he is performing Hollywood Vampire songs and cover songs--NOT Alice Cooper songs.

The cover songs are a giant flop with his fan base--even when he played them as part of his solo tour when he in fact could have filled that space with rarely played Alice material.

So explain to me----what "different songs" is Alice performing that hardcore Alice fans are going to hear?

The promoters offer the CASH for the live shows. If Alice was such a draw on his solo tours how come they are not clamoring to offer him the same amount for his shows as he is getting paid for the HV?

Logic is your friend--if you choose to use it.

nicnic
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by nicnic » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:56 pm

Im looking forward in buying this Hollywood Vampires cd. Now since the original Alice Cooper group is "somewhat" back together with Coop cutting a few tracks on Paranormal (or that live ep they did---where is it to buy?), how about the original Alice Cooper group record a new album titled Love it 2 Death?
Last edited by nicnic on Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:57 pm

We seem to be at an impasse...
:axe:
Side projects are just that, a chance to cut loose from the same ol' same ol' -
& recharge to come back refreshed to tackle the career with newfound energy!
Hopefully, with some new ideas. A more diverse fanbase may be a bonus. :clap:
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

Suspiria
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Suspiria » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:24 pm

mr.barlow wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:40 pm
So explain to me...
I could explain. Or I could just move on and enjoy talking to pleasant people elsewhere on other sites. I'm sure you'll see that as some sort of defeat or victory but I honestly don't really care. I don't actually like arguing on the internet, it does my head in if I'm being honest. If I wanted that sort of tiresome thing, I'd have joined a debating club or run for parliament. :yawn: Bye bye, have fun with your 'logic' thing. :)
Neil Harrison.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:32 pm

It is not a victory. It is simply the truth. You made a ridiculous statement and were called out on it with facts.

Hollywood Vampires is NOT an Alice Cooper solo album as you argued and stated with such conviction.

There is no need to join a debating club or run for Parliament. All you need to do is apply facts when making your case. It's very simple.

I will continue with my "logic thing" as it has served me well. You may want to try it sometime as it will really help you when you make your arguments.

I wish you well Susudio.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:10 am

Although the last few posts have got personal and insulting it is an interesting point. Alice obviously counts HV as a side project and enjoys working with his pals. He started working with JP in the early eighties. But is it much different from an Alice solo album? FTF Alice didn't have a huge amount of input into the songwriting, to varying degrees, in all his solo albums. Other's have always contributed to the songwriting and producing. Alice has recorded with session musicians, guests and sidemen since the original band broke up. The only difference it seems to me is that he takes background vocals on a few songs.
As to Mr. Barlows obsession with the money, how does he know how much Alice is getting? The first album was for charity and I am sure the tour split for the Hollywood vampires is very different from the Alice Cooper tour split. I agree that the HV concert was superb, in a large part due to seeing Alice doing a completely different set, something that has been crying out since the Brutal planet tour.
I think Rise is a very strong album and Alice seems to be enjoying sharing the limelight. I'm also glad he is reported as working with Dennis Dunnaway on the new album and look forward to hearing it but for the moment I can sit back, enjoy Rise and wait for the September and October gigs. So let's all just chill and enjoy how much varied output we are getting from a seventy-one year old man.

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:07 pm

Dadascot speaks sense. The argument over this is worthless.

Alice is involved in a project, similar to Peter and the Wolf or whatever else he has done outside the confines of the Alice Cooper show that he tours and records albums under but not outside the confines of Alice Cooper the individual who has a variety of interests way beyond that limitation.

Do the HV actually outsell Alice Cooper for gigs?? Not so sure given what I've seen.

I find myself playing Rise more and more each day and now pulling in songs from Paranormal as well. I also like the interludes... Maybe I'm too varied in my tastes for some on this site.

BTW it is clear that Rise is not selling near as well selling as Paranormal was in the first week or so someone seems to have the wrong story on that.

As Dadascot says, chill. I'm loving not having to keep playing the classic AC albums to enjoy Alice Cooper in 2019.

Dadascot, hope to meet another sensible fan in October if you are in Aberdeen or Brighton.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:58 pm

I am going to Aberdeen and Marseille so give me a shout and we can arrange for a drink.

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:03 pm

This is a great, GREAT rock album. Tommy has truly nailed it in producing this sonic masterpiece. The sound is superb. I've given myself plenty of time to absorb it, and here are my conclusions:

I Want My Now – Superb opener with a great hook. Trails off like My Stars. Love the flanger use. This is a fantastic way to start the record.

Good People are Hard to Find – The first of many moody interludes. This seems rare in today's music - Atmosphere. It really sets the stage. I love how it leads into...

Who’s Laughing Now - Stones-y as hell. Genius.

Boogieman Surprise - I hear Joe Perry playing like Joe Perry.

Welcome to Bushwhackers - I really like this song. Fun story. It sounds like something that you could blast on the porch. I really appreciate the fact that Alice’s voice is buried in the music.

You Can’t Put Your Arms Around a Memory – I am a big fan of rock music, but I cannot admit to ever hearing this song before. So, in that regard, this is the definitive version. I admire the piano playing on The Wrong Bandage intro.

Git From Round Me - This is a freaking cool band. Wish I could see them live.

Heroes - I just can't understand the vitriol about this song. The guitar is seriously played, and the singer nails it - whoever he is.

A Pitiful Beauty/New Threat - Again, this is a freaking cool band. Wish I could see them live.

Mr. Spider - Yes, this is an Alice Cooper song, and naturally - I love it to death.

We Gotta Rise - Such a fun song. What more do you want?

All the People Who Died - I didn't know that Jim Carroll was dead. That explains it. Even when it was new, this song was kinda funny until I realized that this shit actually happened.

Congratulations - A fine way to wind down the album.

To anyone still on the fence about getting this, I hope that this encourages you. Clips tell only part of the story. Listen to the record!
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:13 pm

Does anyone have a spare copy of Dick Wagner's WTMN. I can't find it when I look in the stores.

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:22 pm

dadascot wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:58 pm
I am going to Aberdeen and Marseille so give me a shout and we can arrange for a drink.
Will do.