Lzzy Hale on Alice Cooper

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Lzzy Hale on Alice Cooper

Post by Si » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:55 am

Thought his was a really cool story on several levels.
More power to Hale for sticking to what she believed in, and to her dad for absolutely getting it, and explaining it to his 11 year old perfectly.
From: https://www.altpress.com/news/halestorm ... oper-tour/

“Alice Cooper was the reason that I found out I was not cool when I was a kid,” she said. “My parents moved to a new place when I was 11 years old. At this point in time, I loved Alice Cooper. I loved Dio and Black Sabbath and Deep Purple, Vanilla Fudge, that kind of thing. Moving to a new place, don’t know anybody there, a couple of neighborhood girls invite me to a sleepover. They’re like ‘Bring some of your favorite CDs. We’re going to listen to every bodys favorite music and do each other’s makeup,’ that whole thing.”

“I’m 11 and I end up bringing to the sleepover Alice Cooper’s ‘Love It To Death’ and DIO’s ‘Holy Driver.’ This is ‘96 so this is TLC, Backstreet Boys, that kind of thing. They’re playing ‘Waterfalls’ and there’s a bunch of other things going on. ‘Oh let’s listen to Liz’s CD.’ Put in the Alice Cooper CD. We didn’t make it past the first chorus. They’re like ‘Let’s put another CD back on.’”

“I remember going back home and Dad was like ‘How was the sleepover?’” she continued. “I’m like ‘It was fun but they didn’t like my music.’ Dad’s like ‘That’s good.’ I’m like, ‘Why is that good? They don’t like my music.’ He’s like, ‘They like all of that music because it’s on the radio and people in school think you’re supposed to like it. You love this CD — you love Alice Cooper — because you really love it. It’s a part of you.’”

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Lzzy Hale on Alice Cooper

Post by SickThings » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:48 pm

That's great!

I saw Lzzy join Beasto Blanco for their last show Saturday night in Nashville. They did a cover of Beastie Boys's "(You Gotta) Fight For Your Right (To Party)" (and the lyric was changed to the "Beasto Boys"). It was fun, and I don't even like that song.

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:15 am

That's a great story.

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:46 pm

Just seen Halestorm live for the 1st time. Great show, and interestingly enough Beasto Blanco was opening.
"THEY'RE NEVER GONNA FIND YOUR FACE"

- ALICE COOPER

MrD Returns
Killer
Killer

Post by MrD Returns » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:54 pm

SickThings wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:48 pm
That's great!

I saw Lzzy join Beasto Blanco for their last show Saturday night in Nashville. They did a cover of Beastie Boys's "(You Gotta) Fight For Your Right (To Party)" (and the lyric was changed to the "Beasto Boys"). It was fun, and I don't even like that song.
Me and Mrs D were there too. Awesome show. Got to talk with Damon Johnson a little bit as well.
When I die I hope I'm surrounded by burning gas and shattered chrome.