Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Suspiria
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Re: ACG

Post by Suspiria » Wed May 01, 2019 1:11 pm

"I think far too much is being read into the Alice hates Michael thing."

Yet you have to wonder why only Neal's and Dennis' voices were heard on the Super Duper documentary. That was odd.
Neil Harrison.

jacknifejohnny
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by jacknifejohnny » Wed May 01, 2019 1:30 pm

If Alice played a set on the same night as the remaining 3 original guys plus 2 more,
I’d personally pick The Mike, Dennis and Neal show. My first Alice concert was in 1975, never had the chance to see the original band and was in The States when they done their recent reunion tour.

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Wed May 01, 2019 2:42 pm

jacknifejohnny wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 1:30 pm
If Alice played a set on the same night as the remaining 3 original guys plus 2 more,
I’d personally pick The Mike, Dennis and Neal show. My first Alice concert was in 1975, never had the chance to see the original band and was in The States when they done their recent reunion tour.
I would be the exact opposite. Seen Alice live many times and still would pick the Coop over anyone else.

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Wed May 01, 2019 2:52 pm

VinceLeeRose wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:20 pm
rgallie wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:41 pm

Alice Cooper (the group) is done (for now). If it was to ever come back it would be with only 1 lead singer and sadly for ACG I imagine a large majority of concert goers would not see the hype or even know any different.
Same thing applies to the solo band. I sure wouldn’t notice if that guitar player from the Iron Maiden cover band wasn’t in the solo band anymore
Once again, I am the exact opposite on that. Nita Strauss has added so much to the band. Love her playing, her energy, etc and would love to hear Alice do an album with her. She gets the loudest applause outside of Alice at shows and someday when she does move on as she is becoming a bigger and bigger star in the world of music as the days and months go on, I will definitely miss her.

That being said as an Alice diehard, I do realize times change and his backing band will change (I hope not for a few more years at least). Ultimately and I know the original band vs solo Alice is a never ending debate (I like it all) that largely depends on the age of a person and when they became a fan. My nephew for example has become a huge Alice fan but his passion is 2000 to the present. But for the average rock fan, many of them have always thought of Alice as a solo artist and whoever was in the lineup as simply the backing band. Speaking personally I think his current band and future new band members is the way to go. The energy his current band brings to the show is second to none.

patrick
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by patrick » Wed May 01, 2019 6:16 pm

quote :There is therefore a recognition of them that in many ways the old guys never achieved.

and they "only" lasted for a few years, in comparison to the Coop's 40 years..
No way they could ever be seen again as AC "the band" , except for us diehards...
you really wouldn't understand..

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed May 01, 2019 6:19 pm

Suspiria wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 1:11 pm

Yet you have to wonder why only Neal's and Dennis' voices were heard on the Super Duper documentary. That was odd.
Not really. Alice even commented on it. Michael could not be found. He had literally disapprared. I believe Shep searched Maui and the big island while AM looked from London to Loch Ness. I believe Alice in this one.

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Wed May 01, 2019 7:47 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:09 pm
VinceLeeRose wrote:
rgallie wrote:

Alice Cooper (the group) is done (for now). If it was to ever come back it would be with only 1 lead singer and sadly for ACG I imagine a large majority of concert goers would not see the hype or even know any different.
Same thing applies to the solo band. I sure wouldn’t notice if that guitar player from the Iron Maiden cover band wasn’t in the solo band anymore
I'd be extremely happy to see that aspect of the band leave for an organ and keys again. The first three shows I saw, all had ZigZag on them, and it was the best the band ever sounded to me.

Suspiria
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Suspiria » Thu May 02, 2019 1:28 am

pitkin88 wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 6:19 pm
Suspiria wrote:

Not really. Alice even commented on it. Michael could not be found. He had literally disapprared. I believe Shep searched Maui and the big island while AM looked from London to Loch Ness. I believe Alice in this one.
Oh okay, I didn't know that.
Neil Harrison.

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Thu May 02, 2019 1:43 am

pitkin88 wrote:
VinceLeeRose wrote:

I'd be extremely happy to see that aspect of the band leave for an organ and keys again. The first three shows I saw, all had ZigZag on them, and it was the best the band ever sounded to me.
I'm not sure what happened, but this quote about ZigZag was from me. I don't know how it got attributed to pitkin. I just realized it, and I wanted to clear up that I'm not sure how that even happened.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu May 02, 2019 3:45 am

Paranormal Activity is my guess.

Cold Room
Killer
Killer

Post by Cold Room » Thu May 02, 2019 11:27 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
Suspiria wrote:

*brick*
Yes... Michael was so "LOST", during that time period, that Dennis talked to him on the phone. Michael's family knew his location. (But let's believe Shep's version, huh?) Anyone who wanted to find MB knew how to find him. Alice and Co made up another wild yarn and the "fans" swallow it. :rotfl:
What you want and what you get are two different things

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Fri May 03, 2019 2:35 am

Cold Room wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 11:27 pm
pitkin88 wrote:
Suspiria wrote:

*brick*
Yes... Michael was so "LOST", during that time period, that Dennis talked to him on the phone. Michael's family knew his location. (But let's believe Shep's version, huh?) Anyone who wanted to find MB knew how to find him. Alice and Co made up another wild yarn and the "fans" swallow it. :rotfl:
Oh, Yes!
Chickens do fly!! ;)
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri May 03, 2019 11:43 am

Cold Room wrote:
pitkin88 wrote:
*brick*
I see the obvious sarcasm in the Pitkin's post was completely lost on you... :smack:

Suspiria
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Suspiria » Fri May 03, 2019 1:58 pm

Si wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 11:43 am
Cold Room wrote:
pitkin88 wrote:
*brick*
I see the obvious sarcasm in the Pitkin's post was completely lost on you... :smack:
It was lost on me as well. :)
Neil Harrison.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat May 04, 2019 3:46 pm

It was Lost In America by the look of it.

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Sat May 04, 2019 7:56 pm

VinceLeeRose wrote:
rgallie wrote:

Oh I agree on that entirely and as long a he continues to replace 1 female blonde guitar player with another i'm happy :laugh:

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sat May 04, 2019 11:39 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
VinceLeeRose wrote:
rgallie wrote:

Very true. I doubt many casual fans know or care who his back up band is.
I guess it depends on just how you define a casual fan. The number of people that follow the solo band from an Alice Cooper show to their individual projects would seem to show that people DO care. And if you aren't following the solo/side projects that the solo band is doing...you are missing out on a LOT of good music and fun shows! :rock:
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun May 05, 2019 5:30 am

Thanks but pass on that lot. Definitely not my type of music.

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sun May 05, 2019 1:16 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 5:30 am
Thanks but pass on that lot. Definitely not my type of music.
I find that statement interesting. I read it as you feel like all the solo projects are the same type of music. They are most definitely not.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Wed May 08, 2019 6:39 am

Cold Room wrote:
pitkin88 wrote:
Suspiria wrote:

*brick*
What does "fans" mean? Are we implying that a real fan wouldn't swallow it? Personally, I really don't care about all this he said she said stuff. We simply don't know the facts in the detail and never will. Great if Dennis spoke to Mike but for whatever reason after that Mike, Alice, Shep and whoever else simply didn't make enough effort to make it happen. Shame..move on.