Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

VinceLeeRose
Killer
Killer

Re: ACG

Post by VinceLeeRose » Wed May 08, 2019 5:24 pm

del wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 6:39 am

What does "fans" mean? Are we implying that a real fan wouldn't swallow it? Personally, I really don't care about all this he said she said stuff. We simply don't know the facts in the detail and never will. Great if Dennis spoke to Mike but for whatever reason after that Mike, Alice, Shep and whoever else simply didn't make enough effort to make it happen. Shame..move on.

I'm a big fan of the group Alice Cooper, and it's one thing to not interview Mike for the doc (they interviewed Joe Greenberg and Cindy Dunaway and they didnt make the final cut), but to not mention Michael Bruce AT ALL???? A casual music fan that doesn't know too much about the history of Alice Cooper would never even know Michael Bruce existed by watching that documentary. Shame shame shame.

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Wed May 08, 2019 5:53 pm

Complain to the directors. It was their decision. Lots of you seem to think that Alice and/or Shep were behind the lack of Michael in the doc, but the directors are the ones who decided what to do or not to do.

Common sense says it's pretty obvious that, for whatever reason, Michael appears to have chosen not to participate. I honestly doubt it was for lack of trying. They even stated that they tried. Ultimately, they chose to leave him out.

The directors did that. Not Alice. Not Shep.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed May 08, 2019 7:13 pm

SickThings wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 5:53 pm
Complain to the directors. It was their decision. Lots of you seem to think that Alice and/or Shep were behind the lack of Michael in the doc, but the directors are the ones who decided what to do or not to do.

Common sense says it's pretty obvious that, for whatever reason, Michael appears to have chosen not to participate. I honestly doubt it was for lack of trying. They even stated that they tried. Ultimately, they chose to leave him out.

Has Michael said he chose not to participate? Knowing Shep I doubt that the directors were given carte Blanche to make the movie and he and Alice would have no say. As always when there is anything negative regarding Alice there are those who portray Alice has having absolutely no knowledge of what is happening.

Side bar where is Padre?

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Wed May 08, 2019 7:48 pm

You just can't accept that the truth doesn't fit your agenda of painting Alice and Shep as bad guys.

Dennis talks about how difficult it can be to find Michael on Page 278 of his book:
Michael is harder to connect with. He has taken up a life of travel. For a while he was in Arizona, but now he's mostly in Mexico. Sometimes I can find him, but sometimes, even when I need to tell him of some venture that concerns us all, finding him is impossible. Michael is one of the key people who went unmentioned in the Super Duper Alice Cooper film. I don't see how that happened but everyone knows he was a big part of the dream---and a big part of the songs!
And then there's this quote from Reg Harkema, the director (emphasis mine):
LRI: Did you get the sense that there was still a great bit of respect or brotherly love between the old Cooper band guys based on your dealings with them?

Reg: I think they all went through a lot of tough times in dealing with the breakup of the group, Alice included but I think they are all now very proud of what they achieved and their body of work. Yeah, there were tough times but now they’re all older and if they were our fathers they’d be retiring by now at their age so I think they are at a point where they’re like “Hey, let’s just be happy and proud of what we’ve achieved and let’s be friends”. I think they’re all friends at this point, I had pictures taken with Neal, Dennis and Alice at the after party. Michael Bruce is still alive and he is sort of a controversial omission from the movie but it was difficult to try and get an interview with him for various reasons and trying to wedge in the presence or story of someone into the film whom you don’t have access to just feels weird and only the most hardcore fan who somehow doesn’t know how to Wikipedia is going to care.
https://www.legendaryrockinterviews.com ... ce-cooper/

It was Banger Films that decided to omit Michael, presumably because they really couldn't reach him or because Michael declined to participate.

Cold Room
Killer
Killer

Post by Cold Room » Fri May 10, 2019 12:59 am

SickThings wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 5:53 pm

:laugh: You sure know which side your bread is buttered on.

PS....make sure you get someone to test the Kool-Aid before you drink it. ;)
What you want and what you get are two different things

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Fri May 10, 2019 3:12 am

Of course. You completely ignored my second post, featuring quotes from Dennis and Reg. Anything that doesn't fit your conspiracy theory can't be true. Give it a rest, Bob.

For someone who supposedly has a beef with Michael, Alice has sure worked with him a lot over the past few years, what with the Astroturf show, the Nashville shows, the UK tour, the contributions on W2MN and Paranormal. Why, it's almost like you're the only one who thinks there's a problem there. (Hint: you are.)

jacknifejohnny
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by jacknifejohnny » Fri May 10, 2019 12:29 pm

Nah he’s not, have no idea what went on in the camp, weren’t there, but Michael does get the cold shoulder on a lot of things, coincidence....not so sure ?

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Fri May 10, 2019 3:24 pm

jacknifejohnny wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 12:29 pm
have no idea what went on in the camp
You should have stopped there.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Cold Room
Killer
Killer

Post by Cold Room » Mon May 13, 2019 6:08 am

SickThings wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 3:12 am
Of course. You completely ignored my second post, featuring quotes from Dennis and Reg. Anything that doesn't fit your conspiracy theory can't be true. Give it a rest, Bob.

For someone who supposedly has a beef with Michael, Alice has sure worked with him a lot over the past few years, what with the Astroturf show, the Nashville shows, the UK tour, the contributions on W2MN and Paranormal. Why, it's almost like you're the only one who thinks there's a problem there. (Hint: you are.)
Never mentioned anything about Alice "having a beef" with Michael. I was just chuckling about how the SAME people always jump to Alice and Shep's defense, no matter what the "incident". I guess I figure there must be a REASON for always doing that, especially considering how many times one or another Alice and Co story has proven wrong. :smack:
What you want and what you get are two different things

jacknifejohnny
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by jacknifejohnny » Mon May 13, 2019 10:05 am

Remarkably insecure, original post has gone way offline, all entitled to an opinion though, yeah ???