Interesting (from Popoff book)

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: Interesting (from Popoff book)

Post by AliceFan » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:10 am

How dare you all speak of Alice and the original band this way,you all you should be ashamed of yourselves. I'm sure Alice isn't touring on his own to be rude or to ignore the other three members of the ACG. He just content with his own solo tours and everything else, Vampires, and has no interest in it anymore.

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:00 am

I get some peoples frustrations but alice doesn't have to do anything with the old band.
I always got the impression him and Michael do not get on at all, why would alice work with people he doesn't like/might be difficult if he doesn't have to? I know its a small snap shot but reading michaels book and listening/reading interviews he always came across as bitter and resentful. I wouldn't want to be around that and I am sure alice wouldn't (if this is how he is in "real" life)
Money has to play a part in it, alice wants to leave a legacy for his kids im sure and why should he have to drop his income for his old band from 45 odd years ago? Would you sacrifice your wages for an old work mate? (not a direct analogy but you get the point)

The reason people are enamoured with his touring bands (of various years) is, I think, because they bring a youthful energy and especially now nita is involved a real hunger to perform well. You look at the kane era, al pitreli era, stef burns etc even early ryan roxie era (up to dragontown) each group brought a new sound and new energy. This is exciting for audiences, keeps the music fresh and keeps alice interested and feeding off that energy..

I enjoyed seeing the original group to a point, but for me the energy levels dropped significantly when they hit the stage, maybe if it wasn't horrible seats the vibe would have been better and this would have fed back to the band but Wembley didn't exactly feed it.
Another point is watching the crowd with the OG and very few seemed to care and they looked confused if anything. but I admit not exactly a scientific study :) (but again the crowd were not alice fans by and large and the seats did its best to kill any vibe) but if alice sees that reaction does that play into his reasoning?

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:25 am

padre_sliprat wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:49 pm
Cold Room wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:52 pm
Responses as expected for this site. Only one poster hit on a major chord:

(paraphrased) "If Alice wanted to do this - it would get done."

71 years old and he still has some old man in Hawaii tell him what to do and not to do? Lordy - I hope not.
This. He's always used people as scapegoats for his actions/inactions. That's been obvious since the original band's heyday. This game of making the real band wait is beyond cruel. They were already flying in a missing man formation at the Good Records show - and don't tell me there weren't plenty of opportunities to have a full band reunion before Glen had to leave us. If it ain't the fans gettin' blueba**ed with subpar material and stale stage shows, it's the Alice Cooper Group being left hung out to dry. His ego (and hatred of Michael) has hurt everybody who waited on him all of this time. I've been waiting a long time to let out my feelings on the matter, but this is a family website, so what little I did say will have to suffice. I'll probably be blacklisted from this site, and I will miss the members and STUK greatly. But...sometimes somebody has to quit giving the guy a pass and tell it like it is.
and you have a line on "how it is", do you? maybe you'd like to recall that the band quit on Alice first, he wanted to do more theatrical stuff etc, they didn't so the parted ways. he ended up w/ a stellar career and they didn't. they made their choice, now decades later Alice is supposed to pander to them? why, exactly? that was rhetorical, i'm not interested in anything you have to say.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:08 am

killer wolf wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:25 am
maybe you'd like to recall that the band quit on Alice first, he wanted to do more theatrical stuff etc, they didn't so the parted ways.
Sorry, but that is simply not true. It was just a cover story used as an easy way to explain why the original band weren't there anymore.

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:29 pm

I don't know how many of you are familiar with a guy named Eddie Trunk. He does a couple of shows on Sirius XM radio, used to work for a record company, and was on VH1 Classic. He has a lot of opinions on the world of rock and I think he pretty much nailed it regarding an ACG reunion and why it isn't done, check out this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQGTS87CHBw because I think he nails it.

The bottom line and I know some people don't like this, but the average rock fan has more or less always thought of Alice as a solo artist. I am always trying to introduce music to young people and I will tell you that most of them much prefer Alice's more recent material than anything before Constrictor. The bottom line is as great as the original band were it is one phase of Alice's long career and Alice has been solo since 1975 so outside of a few diehards, the masses aren't going to go crazy over an original band reunion. Frankly, part of the reason why Alice is still so awesome live (and he is in great shape) is the energy of his current band. I would have far more interest in seeing Alice do an album with his current band with the heaviness of Beasto Blanco with shredding guitar from Nita Strauss than a full album with the original band and that's no disrespect to them. It was a good era that for me has long passed. Not trying to be disrespectful of the past.

Cold Room
Killer
Killer

Post by Cold Room » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:06 pm

cooperrocks wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:29 pm
I don't know how many of you are familiar with a guy named Eddie Trunk. He does a couple of shows on Sirius XM radio, used to work for a record company, and was on VH1 Classic. He has a lot of opinions on the world of rock and I think he pretty much nailed it regarding an ACG reunion and why it isn't done, check out this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQGTS87CHBw because I think he nails it.

The bottom line and I know some people don't like this, but the average rock fan has more or less always thought of Alice as a solo artist. I am always trying to introduce music to young people and I will tell you that most of them much prefer Alice's more recent material than anything before Constrictor. The bottom line is as great as the original band were it is one phase of Alice's long career and Alice has been solo since 1975 so outside of a few diehards, the masses aren't going to go crazy over an original band reunion. Frankly, part of the reason why Alice is still so awesome live (and he is in great shape) is the energy of his current band. I would have far more interest in seeing Alice do an album with his current band with the heaviness of Beasto Blanco with shredding guitar from Nita Strauss than a full album with the original band and that's no disrespect to them. It was a good era that for me has long passed. Not trying to be disrespectful of the past.
Hi...this is Bob. I told Janice to stay out of this "Kiss Alice's Butt" factory. As usual it's filled with the same junk that has peppered this forum for decades. (Although that "the band left Alice" crap was a stunner. LMAO). Now you guys remember to wave at Johnny D. for me. And if the HV play School's Out....remember whose riff you are listening too. :laugh:
What you want and what you get are two different things

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:53 pm

Glad people like the “energy” the new band brings to the music, but the new band plays the music in a way that is just stiffer in the rhythm section. It reminds me of Axl saying that he had recorded a new Appetite For Destruction as a means to get the Chinese Democracy band rehearsed for those songs, and they tweaked them to make the drumming more modern. Stephen Adler had a swing and groove and nuances that added character and depth and moved those songs along their path. When he played the three Appetite songs live in Nashville during the Not In This Lifetime tour, you could feel how his style made the songs breathe and move more than the other drummers more modern, straightforward style on the Appetite songs he played.

In regards to Alice’s solo band and new Guns N’ Roses playing those Neal Smith or Steven Adler songs, neither are bad. They get the job done, and most people do not catch or care about how such elements bring a song more life. However, the ACG feels completely different musically. The four songs the ACG played alone were by far the best live versions of those songs I have ever gotten to experience. I would love to see them play Halo Of Flies.
Last edited by guttertrash on Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

concolz
Dada God
Dada God

Post by concolz » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:56 pm

Whichever way you look at things, at root it's a question of morality & ethics (rather alien bedfellows in the music business). Alice waltzed off with the brand name - his strings pulled by a.n. other - leaving the other four high and dry. The latter refrained from legal action (out of a misplaced sense of loyalty), and so their careers inevitably ended up on the musical scrap heap.

What I find particularly galling, is that, whilst there's been a post-2010 'rapprochement' (of sorts), the remaining three have to basically beg for scraps at the master's musical table. In a recent review, concerning his forthcoming solo album, Cooper stated that should his former buddies send in any material "they will certainly get the same listen that anybody does that comes in with songs for us". How condescendingly gracious!

Re touring losses, couldn't Alice cover those himself? (He'll hardly be a pauper.) That might then finally go some way to right a 40-odd year old wrong.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:16 pm

concolz wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:56 pm
Whichever way you look at things, at root it's a question of morality & ethics (rather alien bedfellows in the music business). Alice waltzed off with the brand name - his strings pulled by a.n. other - leaving the other four high and dry. The latter refrained from legal action (out of a misplaced sense of loyalty), and so their careers inevitably ended up on the musical scrap heap.

What I find particularly galling, is that, whilst there's been a post-2010 'rapprochement' (of sorts), the remaining three have to basically beg for scraps at the master's musical table. In a recent review, concerning his forthcoming solo album, Cooper stated that should his former buddies send in any material "they will certainly get the same listen that anybody does that comes in with songs for us". How condescendingly gracious!

Re touring losses, couldn't Alice cover those himself? (He'll hardly be a pauper.) That might then finally go some way to right a 40-odd year old wrong.

Probably the best post on this subject!

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:22 pm

"they will certainly get the same listen that anybody does that comes in with songs for us". How condescendingly gracious!
He doesnt need to accept any of the OG material, if it is good he will take it, if it is bad he wont. Likewise with any of his other writing partners.
I would have far more interest in seeing Alice do an album with his current band with the heaviness of Beasto Blanco with shredding guitar from Nita Strauss than a full album with the original band and that's no disrespect to them. It was a good era that for me has long passed. Not trying to be disrespectful of the past.
I agree with cooperocks, I am again a "younger" fan, i got on board in approx '94 so i didnt see his band days, obviously i have the records and love them but i am not dedicated to the idea of a "band"
I appreciate as well that glen sobel is not a tiny patch on Neal (spelt it right this time si ;) ) he does have a certain groove not many others can match (although i loved ken mary and john movers interpretations of the material) i am not a fan of sobel at all and always seemed sloppy to my drumming ears.
The band were great, but as i have mentioned i also think the raise your fist band were great, Alice doesnt owe either band anything. He is his own thing and has been for a hell of a long time. He is working with the band on and off (which personally i would rather he worked with his own touring band instead (assuming the material is strong enough) If he likes the OG material he will use it, if he doesnt why would he use it?

I get that the original band has a strong place in peoples hearts because it was a important time in their lives, they loved the music, they love the look, the gang aspect of the band. I get it. But it isnt what modern crowds like or want (for good or ill) the post referencing eddie trunk is good and i recommend checking it out, i have heard him speak on the subject before and he knows allot of the buisness side.

Again, alice shouldnt have to do anything he doesnt want to and he shouldnt have to take a pay cut or lose money. Yes it might be nice, but it is hardly a gang spirit any more is it? the thing you fell in love with all those years ago is long gone and likewise with the GNR reunions i dont see the attraction in it.
I would love to see the raise your fist line up (never got to obviously) but i also appreciate it wouldnt be the same as it was then. You have to let alice do what he wants to and i dont think he has actively **** anyone over, i just think he realised he didnt need the hassle of the OG band back in 73/74. Presumably arguing with michael and worrying about glen he washed his hands of it, bet big on the show and it paid off.

Lets just be respectful of everyones view and try and enjoy what is being produced. Better together than apart.

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:48 am

Rock indeed all of showbiz is littered with hundreds if not thousands of juicy stories of deception and betrayal. While I have no doubt that there are two sides to every story and that some will have left gaping holes in people's lives there surely has to be a time when people let go.

I read the comment Alice made about considering songs for the next album from Neal, Dennis and Mike and was disappointed but in reality it just confirms the way it is and has been for decades. I have no idea about what really happened and what deals were cut to make the break legal but clearly since that point Alice has taken the financial risks and committed his time to building a brand that is his. Whether we like it or not that's it.

Did we expect to get thr R&R HoF set? Nashville? The UK shows? Astroturf? All of this seems to suggest recognition and a level of respect for the past. When does it stop though, a full tour? An album? A full reunion? A redistribution of wealth and a letter of apology read out at a press conference?

I know I'm going over the top but it is nearly 45 years after the event and after the band had passed its peak on vinyl.

Regrettably, the ACG went the way of most rock groups but they had a brief and wonderful moment at the top.The recent stuff over the last few years has allowed everyone to remember the past with a warm glow of nostalgia.

it's back to business as usual for now and Alice s comments about new songs from the guys is a clear statement of reality.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:14 am

Just wanna throw this out there...

For all the people that are always complaining about the lack of a reunion show/tour/album (all of which have actually happened to a degree..)... what have YOU actually done to make it happen apart from attack Alice and Shep?

Why not look at the example of Chris Penn. Because of Chris's work we got two short reunion appearances, then the UK dates, then a record, and now an award winning documentary. He and his team put in a lot of had work to make that happen, and guess what, when he went to Shep with a well thought out proposition it was APPROVED! What a shock! Not only that, Shep arranged for the legendary, and extremely expensive, Bob Ezrin to oversee the sound track, and possibly helped in other ways as well with his contacts in both the music and film industries!
That lead to the UK gigs, and shows that when a situation arises to work with the original band Alice and Shep are perfectly happy to do so. The situation just has to work for everyone involved, not just three OGs. It's not Alice and Shep doing the old guys a favour, it's business.

The thing about promoters is a valid point. Local promoters couldn't care less about the original band. They aren't even fans in most cases. What they want to see is a guarantee of bums on seats. Everything that's happening helps in that regard. All the publicity the film is getting in the likes of Rolling Stone and Goldmine helps in that regard, and raises the profile of the original band. The more there is the more likely promoters will notice and things will happen.

I would be surprised if the original guys aren't on the next Alice album in some ways. They submit songs and if the songs fit the project they are used, and as the last two albums show, they invite the OGs to perform of those songs.
Do you seriously think that when Dennis sends Alice a song it just gets thrown in the pile with all the other tapes? Of course it doesn't. I don't believe that.
On W2MN Michael's song they liked, but not the lyrics so they changed them (as happened frequently in the old days), so that remained musically almost the same as Michael's demo. With Dennis' song they reworked it a little but it's still recognizably 'Subway'. 'I'll Bite Your Face Off' is an example of how far they went to include something Neal wrote. They pulled one riff from Neal's song and wrote a new song around it so that Neal got a writing credit on the album.
On 'Paranormal' according to the credits they had the whole band play on a song they didn't even write!
(btw, if they are on the next album, you could take the songs from all three records and put them on one CD and voila, you kinda have your new ACG studio album!)

If Alice and Shep didn't want to work with them they simply wouldn't work with them. End of story. That is patently not the case.
20 Years ago it looked unlikely he would ever work with any of them again. Now he has worked with them relatively frequently!! Hall of Fame, Golden Gods show, Jaegermaister show, GBMW shows, Pudding shows, Good records, Nashville, UK tour, plus three records (W2MN, Para, Vampires.. and an appearance on the Blue Coupe record), a movie, Old School box set... It's not like he is ignoring them or trying to to avoid working with them!!
But Alice also enjoys playing with his current band, and to tour 100 shows a year - it's unlikely the original guys really want (or could) do that. Alice wants to play with Depp, he want's to golf and work with 'The Rock'. He wants to record new music, and guest with other musicians, do films etc etc. It all has to be fitted in to the schedule, but when things fall into line he obviously wants to play with the OGs as well, as he has, does, and will do so again.

patrick
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by patrick » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:34 pm

amen to that, Si.
you really wouldn't understand..

Cold Room
Killer
Killer

Post by Cold Room » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:33 pm

Si....nice excuse making. Could you take a break from blowing smoke and answer me this. In 40 years has the original band played a FULL show anywhere? Not 5-6 songs at the tail end of 'his' show. Not a pudding show, not a short one and off show...but a complete show!

AND....can you point out a full album created by the original band since Muscle of Love. No...Live From the Astroturf doesn't count.

Thus, in my opinion, Alice has thrown the surviving members crumbs. He does things with them that take little if any planning and little if any time. I am really saddened that you can't see that. I would think that someone who claims to be a full Alice Cooper fan would be upset by this stuff (Where was ANYTHING related to the 50th Anniversary?), but it appears protecting 'the man' and his current path is your first commitment. Understandable, I suppose. :(

Bob

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:04 pm

Cold Room wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:33 pm
I would think that someone who claims to be a full Alice Cooper fan would be upset by this stuff (Where was ANYTHING related to the 50th Anniversary?), but it appears protecting 'the man' and his current path is your first commitment. Understandable, I suppose. :(

Bob
It's still hard for you to believe that some people just don't care that much.

I'm not one of those. I'd love to see the original band perform together and do some sort of tour. However, I've heard the money just isn't there from promoters. And I'd bet the majority of fans that go to a show don't know any difference.

It's different from KISS in 1996 when they reunited and put the make-up back on and had a huge tour. Because there was a decided difference in the band being out of make-up and putting it back on "with original members." There was money to be made by bringing those guys on board.

Now fast forward to today, the band has carried on with other players wearing the make-up. Most of the audience doesn't know or care nowadays that it isn't Ace or Peter. It's similar to Alice Cooper, there's no bump in money when the audience doesn't know or care. On their current farewell tour, Ace badly wanted back in, but they either didn't want to pay him, didn't want to deal with him or a little of both and he's not in the band. They're doing gangbusters business regardless even though they're limping to the finish line with low energy, lip synced shows. It's sad.

On the other hand, Alice's current band is very, very good. It's a high energy show and it can compete with anybody. The original band performing would be hard pressed to put on that kinda show.

I think the only way it works on a large scale tour is if they try to recreate the B$B Tour or something like that, something that is different and can be marketed that way. But that costs $$$.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:19 pm

Cold Room wrote:
Si....nice excuse making. Could you take a break from blowing smoke and answer me this. In 40 years has the original band played a FULL show anywhere? Not 5-6 songs at the tail end of 'his' show. Not a pudding show, not a short one and off show...but a complete show!
AND....can you point out a full album created by the original band since Muscle of Love. No...Live From the Astroturf doesn't count.
You know they haven't.
But that's like asking "apart from all the times they have worked together, when have they ever worked together!" haha
No matter how many times it happens, you want it to happen more. If they did three full shows, you would ask where the full tour was? If it was 20 shows... where's the album? You want everything, regardless on how anyone else actually involved feels.
Cold Room wrote:
Thus, in my opinion, Alice has thrown the surviving members crumbs. He does things with them that take little if any planning and little if any time. I am really saddened that you can't see that. I would think that someone who claims to be a full Alice Cooper fan would be upset by this stuff (Where was ANYTHING related to the 50th Anniversary?), but it appears protecting 'the man' and his current path is your first commitment. Understandable, I suppose. :(
Bob
Bob, you and I are never going to see eye to eye on this. There is no point trying to discuss it. We don't see things the same way. It STILL has nothing to do with protecting Alice, like he needs me to do that!

I'm all for an album with the original band, as long as it stands up and SOUNDS like the original band. If it's just a bunch of average rock songs that happen to be played by them - that doesn't excite me that much. I want it to be REALLY good, or don't bother. It HAS to be really good to stand a chance of standing up with the original albums. An album that sounds like the last solo Alice would just be a waste of talent.

As to a short tour, sure it would be great to see a full show like that, but only if it's really good! Neal and Dennis can still do it. Not so sure about Michael. *I* think he would still need a lot of practice to get up to standard.
I would also dread the reviews saying "they didn't play Poison, Feed My Frankenstein, etc".. which would definitely come as there's no way Neal would play on solo songs, and shouldn't be expected to.
I think a 50/50 show is really the best solution all around, but I now that isn't what you want.

And for the record, if you are taking over this account I hope we aren't going to have a problem. I appreciate you being honest about it being you in the last couple of posts, but I don't want things to end up the way they were before.

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:44 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:04 pm
Cold Room wrote:
I would think that someone who claims to be a full Alice Cooper fan would be upset by this stuff (Where was ANYTHING related to the 50th Anniversary?), but it appears protecting 'the man' and his current path is your first commitment. Understandable, I suppose. :(

Bob
It's still hard for you to believe that some people just don't care that much.

I'm not one of those. I'd love to see the original band perform together and do some sort of tour. However, I've heard the money just isn't there from promoters. And I'd bet the majority of fans that go to a show don't know any difference.

It's different from KISS in 1996 when they reunited and put the make-up back on and had a huge tour. Because there was a decided difference in the band being out of make-up and putting it back on "with original members." There was money to be made by bringing those guys on board.

Now fast forward to today, the band has carried on with other players wearing the make-up. Most of the audience doesn't know or care nowadays that it isn't Ace or Peter. It's similar to Alice Cooper, there's no bump in money when the audience doesn't know or care. On their current farewell tour, Ace badly wanted back in, but they either didn't want to pay him, didn't want to deal with him or a little of both and he's not in the band. They're doing gangbusters business regardless even though they're limping to the finish line with low energy, lip synced shows. It's sad.

On the other hand, Alice's current band is very, very good. It's a high energy show and it can compete with anybody. The original band performing would be hard pressed to put on that kinda show.

I think the only way it works on a large scale tour is if they try to recreate the B$B Tour or something like that, something that is different and can be marketed that way. But that costs $$$.
I agree completely with your assessment, RemarkablyInsincere. I would love to see it happen also, but I don't think the interest is there from promoters or enough fans to make it worthwhile on a touring level. Still think a residency type situation like Aerosmith, Def Leppard, Guns N Roses, and others are doing in Las Vegas could attract enough people or a Friday and Saturday night in a different major city in different regions of the U.S. whenever there is downtime. If you did it in a way that it wasn't done too often and somewhat consistently around the same time each year or every few months, you could probably attract a bit of a cult following that would travel to see each event. You could start off by playing Phoenix, L.A., Detroit, and make it a celebration of those cities that were important stepping stones for the band. If those go over, hit NYC, Nashville/Atlanta, Dallas/Houston, Toronto, etc. Point is places that are large and can also draw people for other reasons, so that it isn't just a concert destination. I could see these kinds of scenarios as a means that could possibly make it work. U.K. or Europe stints would likely draw more, and they could try to fit it all within a two week period from time to time.

The major problem is as you said competing with the energy as well as tightening up a full set of songs with limited practice compared to the current band who are constantly gigging and keeping in playing shape at full force be it with Alice or other projects. The ACG can make 5 or 6 songs work, but can they keep it going for an hour and half or so? Yet again, the unknowns make it all a tough sell especially when a full tour doesn't look viable and keeping things tight is hard to do when playing inconsistently.

Cold Room
Killer
Killer

Post by Cold Room » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:35 pm

Can any of you point out where I or anyone else here has mentioned the term "large tour"? LOL. The haters like to bring that up (out of thin air) to build THEIR case against a reunion. NO ONE, not Dennis, Michael, Neal, or anyone I know has asked or demanded a LARGE tour. Five or six shows spread out over the U.S.A. is what American fans want. An hour long show. Some props. Good sound and lightening. It doesn't have to be outside at the Meadowlands..LOL. FIVE or Six shows.
You see...those that DON'T want to see any reunion will find all kind of excuses and spin all kinds of yarns to make it sound stupid. Same as it's ever been!

Cold Room
Killer
Killer

Post by Cold Room » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:40 pm

BTW....Si, I would settle for a few "the original band shows up at the end of an Alice show" if that's the best they can do. Not what I'd hope or wish for....but ''crumbs'' are better than starving.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:11 am

Cold Room wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:35 pm
Can any of you point out where I or anyone else here has mentioned the term "large tour"? LOL. The haters like to bring that up (out of thin air) to build THEIR case against a reunion. NO ONE, not Dennis, Michael, Neal, or anyone I know has asked or demanded a LARGE tour. Five or six shows spread out over the U.S.A. is what American fans want. An hour long show. Some props. Good sound and lightening. It doesn't have to be outside at the Meadowlands..LOL. FIVE or Six shows.
You see...those that DON'T want to see any reunion will find all kind of excuses and spin all kinds of yarns to make it sound stupid. Same as it's ever been!
I don't think many people actively don't want to see a reunion.
I think 5-6 shows, with an 45-60 mins of solo followed by an 45-60 of ACG would be the perfect solution if it can be made to work. It would allow the original band the chance to stretch out on more interesting songs that are pretty much impossible to fit into 15-20 minute slots. Black Juju, Halo and My Stars for example.
I would sell up and fly to the states for such a show (if I actually had anything left to sell!!).
Cold Room wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:35 pm
BTW....Si, I would settle for a few "the original band shows up at the end of an Alice show" if that's the best they can do. Not what I'd hope or wish for....but ''crumbs'' are better than starving.
Exactly! We are getting something after many years of nothing at all. In fact over the last decade we have steadily had more and more "crumbs", including a UK tour advertised as featuring 'a special set with the original band'!
There is no solid reason to believe that won't continue or that the level it happens couldn't possibly go up. We just have to wait and see, and hope that it doesn't become too late. In a way it already is because of Glen, but surely it's better late then never at all? It's better there is something rather then nothing at all.

(In would be interesting to know if ticket sales in the UK suddenly spiked after the original band appearance was announced. I *think* tickets went on sale before they were, so if the demand was there then ticket sells should have suddenly increased as soon as the announcement was made. I honestly don't know either way. AC sells well over here anyway so only evidence of a spike at that point would reveal it).