Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

New Kane Roberts and Alice material 2019

Post by rgallie » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:31 pm

Just stumbled upon this on YT.

A new Kane Roberts song called "Beginning Of The End" which features Alice fairly predominately on vocals.

Unfortuntley it is possibly the worst song out there that features Kane with Alice.
Poor use of autotune at the start kind of sets the tone of this audio/visual treat.

Still, it's new material (thankfully in Kanes name) that features Alice and also features Cheryl so worth a mention on here.

Apologies if it's already been posted, did search the forum and check the news but the site seems to be intermittent and tough to search right now

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Re: New Kane Roberts and Alice material 2019

Post by Si » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:29 pm

rgallie wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:31 pm
Just stumbled upon this on YT.
Apologies if it's already been posted, did search the forum and check the news but the site seems to be intermittent and tough to search right now
It has all been on the news page, right from when it was first announced last year ;)
Also in the discography section :)

I know there seems to be some time-out issue on the site. No idea what it is. Have a ticket into the server support team.
Normally for me, once I refresh it works again, at least for a while.
I have checked the code and there's nothing there that would cause the issue so it's at server level, and as such I'm at the mercy of their customer support :(

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:55 pm

Just to update on the server issue. It's a server wide problem and they just posted that it was fixed.
It's not, and I have sent in a new report as it's really pissing me off as well!!

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:26 am

Si wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:29 pm
It has all been on the news page, right from when it was first announced last year ;)
Also in the discography section :)

I know there seems to be some time-out issue on the site. No idea what it is. Have a ticket into the server support team.
Normally for me, once I refresh it works again, at least for a while.
I have checked the code and there's nothing there that would cause the issue so it's at server level, and as such I'm at the mercy of their customer support :(
damn, i thought I had made a big discovery and had beaten you to it. Was refreshing like mad trying to get my "big discovery" on before anyone else :rotfl: :rotfl:

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:04 am

It was about as bad as I thought it was going to be. Dated tuneless metal drivel.

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:03 am

pitkin88 wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:04 am
It was about as bad as I thought it was going to be. Dated tuneless metal drivel.
Absolutely..

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:41 pm

"It was about as bad as I thought it was going to be. Dated tuneless metal drivel."
Im a huge kane Roberts fan but this song and album as a whole is not good, but your statement is flawed. If it was "dated metal drivel" I would probably like it :) , the problem here is he has modern co writers (the talentless hack from shinedown is one of them) and he has gone for a more modern sound so all the songs conform to the more modern style of song writing which is basically by patchwork. There is no flow for the majority of the songs on the album. It feels like an album stuck together from different bits they had laying around. The biggest high point is a surprise in that his voice is VERY strong, reaching higher notes than he ever has previously. I will also say some of his solos are blistering but they feel tacked on to each song and it rarely feels organic.
I was very disappointed with the album, I feel kane has been out of touch musically for too long and he needs time to reconnect and find his style again.

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:46 pm

I preordered the album and had it delivered the day it came out. I like the album. Granted it is definitely a modern sounding album but there is some really good material on it. Nita Strauss plays on a track as well and Kip Winger, who of course played for Alice back in the day plays bass on a lot of the tracks. I tell you the thing with modern music that gets me though is I don't always like how the drums sound.

revinkevin
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by revinkevin » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:20 pm

Embarrassingly bad album.

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:41 pm

I can't say I was shocked by how bad this album was, since the only thing I have ever found worth listening too that he was a part of was Raise Your Fist And Yell, and his guitar excess actually weakens that album to me with it's overblown tastelessness.

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:01 am

I love raise your fist and to a lesser degree constrictor. I love the guitar (and bass and drum) excess from these albums. I also like his first solo album and i have a real soft spot for saints and sinners (hence a certain name....) yeah his lyrics are corny and his voice is only so so but the melodies and guitar work is phenomenal.
I also like pheonix down project although to a lesser degree,
i feel this album was a real missed opportunity, still cant win them all.

Seriously
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Seriously » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:29 pm

I just listen to some of the tasters on Amazon, I think it has potential for a first time listen. It's metal, so what, 'Forever out of Place', 'The Lion's Share' - good effort I thought. :rock: