Ace Frehley’s ‘Vault’? Incl. ACG connection

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Ace Frehley’s ‘Vault’? Incl. ACG connection

Post by Ted Sallis » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:20 pm

I read on Blabbermouth today that former KISS Lead Guitarist Ace Frehley is considering releasing previously unreleased songs and demos incl. from his stints in KISS. What makes this announcement of potential interest to ACG fans - and I hope I’m posting this in the right place – is that 1 or 2 ACG Members apparently played with Ace at so-called ‘Jam Sessions’ which were recorded on tape. Here’s an excerpt from the article which mentions 1 (or 2) ACG Members:

I have over 100 reels of two-inch tape, dating back to when I had my studio in Connecticut. I have all the solos to the songs on 'The Elder' because we recorded a lot of 'The Elder' at my studio in Connecticut. A lot of jam sessions, including ones with guys from Alice Cooper's band. Neal Smith, the bass player. I don't even remember half the people from these jam sessions. I'd have to revisit those tapes.

So Ace is referring to Neal and possibly Dennis Dunaway in the above excerpt. The article mentions KISS bassist Gene Simmons: The Vault Experience release earlier this year which is a collection of 10 CDs featuring 150 previously unreleased tracks, an oversized commemorative coin and a deluxe book containing more than 160 pages of unseen photos but it doesn’t mention in the article anything about whether or not Ace’s possible release would be as extensive as Gene’s, which spans the Bassist/Vocalist’s entire musical career from 1966 to 2016. Here’s the link to the article:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ace-fr ... e-in-kiss/

Anyone have any thoughts and/or additional info. about Neal (and Dennis’?) involvement with Ace/his recordings?

Ted

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Ace Frehley’s ‘Vault’? Incl. ACG connection

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:10 am

It might be worth reaching out to Neal and Dennis on fb. If it is just jamming im not that interested. Actual songs might be worth a listen.

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:18 am

My guess, and it's only a guess, is he means DD. I'm sure we'll find out in due course.
"He's old, the snake's got gray hair..."

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Ted Sallis » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:55 am

pitkin88 wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:10 am
It might be worth reaching out to Neal and Dennis on fb. If it is just jamming im not that interested. Actual songs might be worth a listen.
I am friends with Neal and am a Member of a DD Group on fb so I'll consider doing just that. If/when I receive a reply/ies I'll provide an update here. Thanks for the suggestions btw.

Ted