Hey Stoopid era setlist question

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

lordcatfish
Killer
Killer

Hey Stoopid era setlist question

Post by lordcatfish » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:44 am

Was having a flick through the Classic Rock mag that came with W2MN and remembered this pic of a HS era setlist. Trying to make out what the song fourth from bottom (after "Poison") is. Closest thing I could think of is "Hurricane Years" but I don't know if this was ever rehearsed or played (setlist section here suggests not). I also notice "No More Mr Nice Guy" is not on the list but was played at every show, so I don't know if this was from some sort of planning stage. Any ideas?

https://scontent-lht6-1.cdninstagram.co ... 6017_n.jpg

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Hey Stoopid era setlist question

Post by Si » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:56 am

That`s a weird one. Also what the hell is "Generation"? Gen Landslide? wasn`t played, nor My generation.

I would suggest it is a rehearsal setlist as it doesn't match ANY show actually played that I can see.

See http://www.sickthingsuk.co.uk/17-setlists/07-hs.php

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:25 pm

I will say this. I would have loved to have seen that setlist played live.

Spot and Jerome
Killer
Killer

Post by Spot and Jerome » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:58 pm

Actually, on this very site, it is stated that Generation Landslide WAS played at the first show of the tour, but dropped from the setlist from the second show on. Here's the link: http://www.sickthingsuk.co.uk/07-timelines/21-hs.php
And here's the excerpt:
"July 9th '91 Salt Lake City, UT, Salt Palace - Start of US Operation Rock And Roll' tour (w/ Judas Priest, Motorhead) [Ticket] Generation Landslide played at this show only after being rehearsed in LA 26th June '91. It was dropped after this show [Local listing]"
I would LOVE to hear that performance...
No idea about Hurricane Years (or any other title it may be) even being rehearsed.
To forgive is divine, but vengeance is mine

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:18 pm

Spot and Jerome wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:58 pm
"July 9th '91 Salt Lake City, UT, Salt Palace - Start of US Operation Rock And Roll' tour (w/ Judas Priest, Motorhead) [Ticket] Generation Landslide played at this show only after being rehearsed in LA 26th June '91. It was dropped after this show [Local listing]"
I would LOVE to hear that performance...
I've never heard of a recording of that specific show unfortunately. There is one of the next show, and many others from the tour, but not that one it seems.