4 new albums announced

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 4229
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:25 am
Location: calif

Re: 4 new albums announced

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:37 pm

WTF indeed. As usual with Alice grain of salt

lordcatfish
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:26 pm
Location: Liverpool, UK
Contact:

Re: 4 new albums announced

Post by lordcatfish » Sun May 12, 2019 4:59 pm

Some quotes from Alice about the new solo album from a recent AZcentral article. Seems it may be another concept album (can't recall if that's been brought up before).
"There’s about four or five songs already written," he says. "I worked with Bob Ezrin in Nashville the last couple of weeks on a couple things. We worked in Detroit on a few things. And I think that’s going to be a very interesting album. It’s gonna be very different, something I’ve never done before. I can’t really let the cat out of the bag. But it’s gonna be really good."

Asked if the difference is musical or conceptual, Cooper says, "Conceptually, it’s something that we’ve never done. A lot of story lines are fantasy-driven – 'Welcome to my Nightmare,' 'Brutal Planet,' fantasy-driven, sci-fi horror novels. 'Along Came a Spider' was a mystery novel. This is totally different than that."

As to when that album may be ready to release, he says, "Much closer to the end of the year, because we’re gonna be out on tour until December. So we wouldn’t really record it until during breaks in the tour, which are only four or five days at a time.

But we’re not worried about that album coming out. We’ve got a Vampires album coming out. We’ve got a live Vampires album. We have a live album, “Paranormal in Paris,” that’s out now. That’s a live Alice album.

So we’re really not stressed about doing a studio album. We’re taking our time."

Public Animal #9
Trash
Trash
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 5:27 am

Re: 4 new albums announced

Post by Public Animal #9 » Sun May 12, 2019 5:33 pm

I lost interest in a major way after last album when Alice promised the original band and he were going to make a record that sounded like "Killer". Years back he also promised that "Trash" would be like "Billion Dollar Babies"
I love Alice but he tends to lie way too much for me to get excited anymore. He is not the same Alice Cooper I grew up loving and worshiping.

Cold Room
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:50 pm

Re: 4 new albums announced

Post by Cold Room » Mon May 13, 2019 6:13 am

I enjoyed the article in the Daily Mail on the HV and about Johnny Depp "rocking out with HIS band" and dating some 23 year old dancer while HIS band played in LA and Las Vegas. I think the article did mention Alice Cooper.
:smack:

jacknifejohnny
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby
Posts: 314
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:44 pm
Location: florida, u.s.a.

Re: 4 new albums announced

Post by jacknifejohnny » Mon May 13, 2019 10:15 am

Public Animal #9....Think most of us older fans take everything Alice says with a grain of salt these days, times change mate , not always for the better , but bless his heart, he’s still alive and giving us the occasional gem

Rhapsody of Fire
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby
Posts: 446
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:48 am

Re: 4 new albums announced

Post by Rhapsody of Fire » Tue May 14, 2019 2:54 pm

jacknifejohnny wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 10:15 am
Public Animal #9....Think most of us older fans take everything Alice says with a grain of salt these days, times change mate , not always for the better , but bless his heart, he’s still alive and giving us the occasional gem
We had the best of him.

jacknifejohnny
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby
Posts: 314
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:44 pm
Location: florida, u.s.a.

Re: 4 new albums announced

Post by jacknifejohnny » Tue May 14, 2019 3:11 pm

I believe we did...amazing time, early 70’s....band after band were coming out with classic music and some amazing live shows from those bands at their peaks

User avatar
patrick
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby
Posts: 456
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:38 pm

Re: 4 new albums announced

Post by patrick » Tue May 14, 2019 5:41 pm

Publicanimal #9..
It's not so much lies, it's more like advertising a new show, cd, article, whatever..
I guess the Alice we grew up with was much more a mystery to us, there were no tons of interviews to be read, Alice did'nt have to say anything at all ....so hardly could be accused of repeating himself continously..or changing stories ..
I guess the first video-interview I saw was a Canadian documentary early eighties, whereas I was already a fan since 72..
you really wouldn't understand..

del
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby
Posts: 398
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:22 pm
Location: Glasgow

Re: 4 new albums announced

Post by del » Wed May 15, 2019 5:29 am

Cold Room wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 6:13 am
I enjoyed the article in the Daily Mail on the HV and about Johnny Depp "rocking out with HIS band" and dating some 23 year old dancer while HIS band played in LA and Las Vegas. I think the article did mention Alice Cooper.
:smack:
Usual Daily Mail trash gossip journalism but are they not right in saying that? Would most people not be right viewing someone who was a key part of a band's formation and existence as being more than a hired gun?

To be fair though they did also say "performed with supergroup HV" in an earlier article on the same gig. I'd say that was probably inappropriate as it could easily be read as him merely being a guest player.

Whatever though, no such thing as bad press..

killer wolf
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher
Posts: 663
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:26 am
Location: newcastle

Re: 4 new albums announced

Post by killer wolf » Wed May 15, 2019 6:36 am

he's in it, so it's his band. same way it's your house or car even if you don't own it. don't know why that term was worth a comment.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

Cold Room
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:50 pm

Re: 4 new albums announced

Post by Cold Room » Thu May 16, 2019 7:47 pm

killer wolf wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 6:36 am
he's in it, so it's his band. same way it's your house or car even if you don't own it. don't know why that term was worth a comment.
You are right. It is as much Johnny Depp's band as it is Alice's. And in the eyes of MANY...even more so.

User avatar
Si
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 3866
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 5:47 am
Location: London
Contact:

Re: 4 new albums announced

Post by Si » Fri May 17, 2019 12:22 am

Cold Room wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 7:47 pm
You are right. It is as much Johnny Depp's band as it is Alice's. And in the eyes of MANY...even more so.
While as we know this all started with an Alice idea, and he was heavily involved in what went onto the first album, I think it's increasingly clear this time it's Depp's album. We know from his own statements that Alice wrote very little for this album, that Depp and Tommy wrote almost everything including the lyrics on the original songs.
Also the covers this time are not the sorts of things you would expect Alice to pull out of the hat. Two of them I had never heard of before they played them! But they are the sort of things I can imagine Depp and Tommy being into.

So maybe calling it Depp's band at the moment isn't as far off the mark as it was a couple of years ago. While the first album could be seen as an AC covers album (as originally it possibly was), this one isn't that at all. It's Alice singing Depp's songs.

Cold Room
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:50 pm

Re: 4 new albums announced

Post by Cold Room » Fri May 17, 2019 10:03 pm

Si wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 12:22 am
Cold Room wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 7:47 pm
You are right. It is as much Johnny Depp's band as it is Alice's. And in the eyes of MANY...even more so.
While as we know this all started with an Alice idea, and he was heavily involved in what went onto the first album, I think it's increasingly clear this time it's Depp's album. We know from his own statements that Alice wrote very little for this album, that Depp and Tommy wrote almost everything including the lyrics on the original songs.
Also the covers this time are not the sorts of things you would expect Alice to pull out of the hat. Two of them I had never heard of before they played them! But they are the sort of things I can imagine Depp and Tommy being into.

So maybe calling it Depp's band at the moment isn't as far off the mark as it was a couple of years ago. While the first album could be seen as an AC covers album (as originally it possibly was), this one isn't that at all. It's Alice singing Depp's songs.
Just my opinion...but has Alice just put too much on his plate? I realize the guy is a workaholic (although most workaholics don't have dozens of people assisting them) but everyone has limits on what they can accomplish. Has he gotten to a point where 'his' accomplishments will be largely the work of others, with his name attached? That would be sad.
This isn't a knock at the man....at his age I guess it should be a complement. However...and I have wondered about this for several years...is all this touring and recording he does, year after year, really for his pleasure? Or is there an unknown monetary component that is behind it? (As in: he isn't a rich as one would think?)

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby
Posts: 295
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:19 am
Location: RI

Re: 4 new albums announced

Post by AliceFan » Fri May 17, 2019 11:15 pm

Why do you post comments like this about Alice and then have the nerve to say this isn't a knock at him.. of course it is? Or you wouldn't have said that. An you claim that your Bob Ezrin please? Bob is one of his best friend and loyal producer of nearly 50 yrs and wouldn't dare disrespect Alice publicly on a worldwide forums.Bob ezrin wannabe sure?of course he tours cause he enjoys it and makes new albums for the fans,he's said that in many different interviews. This is one of the most insulting things that I read on herecord about Alice it really pissed me off! ! And you have the nerve to call yourself the legendary Bob Ezrin? Impersonating members of Alice's management is not allowed! !!

User avatar
Si
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 3866
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 5:47 am
Location: London
Contact:

Re: 4 new albums announced

Post by Si » Sat May 18, 2019 12:01 am

AliceFan wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 11:15 pm
An you claim that your Bob Ezrin please?
He isn't, and has NEVER claimed to be Bob Ezrin!!! :bam:
Where did you get that idea from???

User avatar
Dannorama
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher
Posts: 603
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:00 pm

Re: 4 new albums announced

Post by Dannorama » Sat May 18, 2019 12:05 am

You just beat me, Si! Bob Ezrin would be more than brave enough to identify himself. As far as the direction Cold Room wants to take, if there is anything that the internet has taught me, it's that the most ridiculous ideas are now out there. Alice is certainly not destitute. He also knows what he's doing.
Last edited by Dannorama on Sat May 18, 2019 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby
Posts: 295
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:19 am
Location: RI

Re: 4 new albums announced

Post by AliceFan » Sat May 18, 2019 12:08 am

Cause in the pop off thread about the ACG cold room , signed his name Bob at the end of his post. An he was talking to you about taking over the account, and I thought it was Bob Ezrin. Well you never know right?

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 4229
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:25 am
Location: calif

Re: 4 new albums announced

Post by pitkin88 » Sat May 18, 2019 12:33 am

AliceFan wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 12:08 am
Cause in the pop off thread about the ACG cold room , signed his name Bob at the end of his post. An he was talking to you about taking over the account, and I thought it was Bob Ezrin. Well you never know right?
I have to wonder if you are for real AliceFlan. Too funny.

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby
Posts: 295
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:19 am
Location: RI

Re: 4 new albums announced

Post by AliceFan » Sat May 18, 2019 12:50 am

Im just a very gullible person I guess, I really did think it was Bob Ezrin in the ACG thread and pop off book thread where he coldroom was arguing with, si, about Original ACG members getting back together and doing a tour, remember that?

User avatar
Si
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 3866
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 5:47 am
Location: London
Contact:

Re: 4 new albums announced

Post by Si » Sat May 18, 2019 1:47 am

AliceFan wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 12:50 am
Im just a very gullible person I guess, I really did think it was Bob Ezrin in the ACG thread and pop off book thread where he coldroom was arguing with, si, about Original ACG members getting back together and doing a tour, remember that?
Yes, we remember, but knew who it was, that was the point.
And it's "Popoff" as in Martin Popoff.

Post Reply