4 new albums announced

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Re: 4 new albums announced

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:09 pm

Don't get too excited, the odds on him playing any new music live is remote.

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:14 am

I was excited of the fact that he's apparently releasing new album /music I don't care if it's played live.

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:14 pm

If it's any good and gains traction, it'll get played live for a long time. Well, they still play Poison and I've never liked it.
"He's old, the snake's got gray hair..."

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:35 pm

padre_sliprat wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:14 pm
If it's any good and gains traction, it'll get played live for a long time. Well, they still play Poison and I've never liked it.
I do like Poison but the reason it is played every year is it is Alice's biggest international hit.

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:47 am

I'm sure all of you by now have read the news on main page about Alice's upcoming solo ep due this summer by tour start and full album due in 2020,well he says it's gonna be a Detroit sound on the album with Bob Seger,SuzI Quatro involved should be good album. I'm looking forward to the ep due before the tour starts. People on here that questioned new music from Alice, before Tour... I guess he was right. So what are your opinions on new upcoming Alice album with Detroit sound to it w/ Bob Seger, SuzI Quatro, and original ACG members? ??

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:55 am

Im sure all of you by now have read the news on the main page of the site about the new Alice Cooper album/ep and it having a Detroit sound to it and featuring Bob Seger, SuzI Quatro, and original ACG members. Those who questions Alice having new solo music out in time for when Tour starts. .. I guess Alice was right this time. So what is your opinions and thoughts on this AC new album /ep ??

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:29 am

AliceFan wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:55 am
Im sure all of you by now have read the news on the main page of the site about the new Alice Cooper album/ep and it having a Detroit sound to it and featuring Bob Seger, SuzI Quatro, and original ACG members. Those who questions Alice having new solo music out in time for when Tour starts. .. I guess Alice was right this time. So what is your opinions and thoughts on this AC new album /ep ??
I anticipate that the EP will have a probable release ahead of Record Store Day. :HEART:
Which will create issues with those who don't embrace vinyl. :/ All of the Classic Detroit rockers will be a fine addition to the songwriting & performance. I hope Dennis, Michael & Neal will be able to perform & contribute songs also! :clap: The more the merrier! Alice should be able to put this to bed happy. :8):
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:44 am

Daggers &contracts, The new EP will definitely not be released on record store day, as it's On April 13th a month away.. An the original ACG members will not be on the ep ,not what the article stated in think you are kinda confused about it, so I'm clear it up for u okay? An the new EP doesn't supposed to come out until tour starts. An original ACG members aren't appear on it,they only be featured on the full Alice album due in 2020. An yes probably the ACG members will make live appearances with Alice on the Tour for the new album in 2020.

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:11 am

The "Detroit sound" mention in theory should be exciting to my ears, but Alice promised a "Killer" album last time around which in my opinion was meant as a nod back to that sound, but Paranormal was delivered instead, so I'm not getting my hopes up this time around.

Would be awesome if he'd work with Wayne Kramer and Scott Morgan, since they are two of the originals, and Nicke Andersson from Sweden who has toured in the MC5 with Kramer and has played and been the main songwriter with Scott Morgan in both a Detroit soul band (The Solution) as well as a Detroit rock band (The Hydromatics).

Also if they do indeed pull off the Detroit sound in the writing, I hope Ezrin is able to produce the album in a stripped down manner that hearkens back to the way those albums were made...otherwise, the typical production that he has been known for since the mid70s will destroy what made those Detroit albums sound so delightful. I'm wishing for the best, but yet again, I'm not getting my hopes up.

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:32 am

Yeah what was wrong with Paranormal? Wasn't it a good album? Yeah I do agree Alice will gI've us a Detroit sounding album but what does it matter if it doesn't harken directly back to the 70s? It doesn't have to and who cares if the production is not 70s sounding,I think your the only one who does,Even Alice doesn't, he said in the billboard interview im not a nostalgia guy at all ,i dont live in the past. I' only expect it to be a good album with a touch of that Detroit sound with motown to it and it all blends together and makes it Detroit rock sound, Alice said in interview as well. You are expecting a total flashback to 1971 and clearly that's definitely not gonna happen but he can rekindle the sound on nEW album but your definitely not gonna to get love it to death 2 though. An im ok with that...

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:10 am

I will definitely not get back into complaining about that album which I did plenty of during it’s release. I’m also not at all asking for it to sound like a 70s album, but if it is produced like Paranormal instead of say Eyes or Dirty Diamonds, the Detroit element will pretty much be lost.

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:21 am

Sorry but I don't care about production on albums I just listen to the music. The production of an album doesn't take away from its musical sound at least for me.. I just want a good album and I know Alice will achieve that with Ezrin on board again, only bad Alice album to me is Along Came A Spider.

Railwayman
Killer
Killer

Post by Railwayman » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:33 pm

Alicefan, not sure what you mean here. There are a number of important elements to the 'music' you listen to and the engineering, arrangements, mixing and overall production are all key elements. The 'music' you hear is a combination of all these elements and of course the raw material. Poor use of all or any of these key components can ruin what might be considered a decent basic tune. Excellent use of these key components can make the best of what might be considered by some a weak basic tune.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:21 pm

An another thing.....where is Mr Barlow?

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:40 pm

He vanished just like Michael. The dark force is strong on this forum.

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:27 am

Motown Alice, eh? Visions of the California Raisins came to mind. Not pretty at all.
"He's old, the snake's got gray hair..."

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:43 am

I don't think that Alice will be singing in the style of motown on the upcoming new album i think that the music itself will have a hint of it, mixed with the Detroit sound is what he says in the billboard interview.

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:12 am

AliceFan,

The Alice Cooper group, Ted Nugent, Bob Seger, and all of the Detroit scene was inspired by R n' B especially Motown since it was Detroit's R n' B label just as The Rolling Stones, Rod Stewart and the Faces, Creedence Clearwater, Lynyrd Skynyrd, etc. were influenced by R n' B and the blues. When Alice refers to the Detroit sound and Motown influence, he is referring to a soulful, swing and groove element that all of those classic rock bands have. This is why a modern and/or heavy-handed production as Ezrin has been known for will be bad for such music. Rats and You And All Of Your Friends are both classic sounding songs, but they are both rather marred by unneeded production flourishes that make them muddy and stiff which leads to a loss of any character that makes them enjoyable to me. I'd love to see Alice make a truly rocking album. I believe he has the capability to do it, but I don't know if he is surrounded by the right people to make it happen. It sure would be nice to see him work with Ryan and Chuck in the writing department again, as well as, some outside musicians who really know the style he is going for.

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:06 pm

Im certain The eyes of Alice Cooper was also billed as a classic Detroit rock album by Alice ahead of its release. I guess it's less polished sounding than anything after it and in that respect that sound would be welcome back but I never got the vibe of Classic rock from it. I think an album with minimal guitar distortion and a rough and gritty production would be welcome though....if they could get the guitars sounding right i'd love to see something like Halo or Killer on the track list.

Cold Room
Killer
Killer

Post by Cold Room » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:27 pm

Re: Billboard Article/Original ACG Participation

"Cooper has also contacted his remaining original band members -- Mike Bruce, Dennis Dunaway and Neal Smith -- about contributing material to the set. "I said, 'Guys, here's the idea...Send me stuff.' I know Dennis is working on something, and so is Neal. Hopefully they're writing, and they will certainly get the same listen that anybody does that comes in with songs for us."
WTF
What you want and what you get are two different things