4 new albums announced

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: 4 new albums announced

Post by cooperrocks » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:47 pm

Actually the record label Alice is currently with is doing a really solid job not just with improved sales for Alice but other artist as well. He is likely to stick around on the label for a while.

Railwayman
Killer
Killer

Post by Railwayman » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:39 pm

Wonder if the new Alice album wold have more collaborations with the the original surviving ACG members.
Would also like to give the current touring band the opportunity to contribute but wonder if they have the time or inclination with their solo projects. Certainly Ryan and Tommy have contributed previously

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:20 pm

Railwayman wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:39 pm
Would also like to give the current touring band the opportunity to contribute but wonder if they have the time or inclination with their solo projects. Certainly Ryan and Tommy have contributed previously
The current band WANT to record in the studio with Alice.

Railwayman
Killer
Killer

Post by Railwayman » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:58 am

Well the British thing to do would be to write a letter.
Dear Mr. Cooper ....

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:52 pm

Si wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:20 pm
Railwayman wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:39 pm
Kind of bewildering that they have not done that yet. The last time we had a cohesive album from his "current" band was 10 years ago (ACAS).
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:52 pm

Dannorama wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:52 pm
[quote=Si post_id=299787 time=<a href="tel:1534116024">1534116024</a> user_id=488]
[quote=Railwayman post_id=299786 time=<a href="tel:1534106351">1534106351</a> user_id=442]
[/quote]

Kind of bewildering that they have not done that yet. The last time we had a cohesive album from his "current" band was 10 years ago (ACAS).
[/quote]

ACAS only had his full touring band on I think 2 tracks. There were a couple that had Keri, Chuck, and Eric but not Jason Hook, but the majority of the album was performed by the two people that also produced it.

That album has always come off to me as two music hacks that tried to make a name for themselves by working with Alice. It’s too bad, because some of those songs would have been likable with a little more care and a better producer like Mudrock or even the guys that produced DD.

Devon
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by Devon » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:23 am

guttertrash wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:52 pm
That album has always come off to me as two music hacks that tried to make a name for themselves by working with Alice.
But they did make names for themselves. Just check their MySpace pages.

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:17 pm

I think anyone who knows anything alice related will attest that our two producer friends on ACAS had no idea what they were doing. The album is passable to good currently, i believe if bob ezrin was in charge of the producers chair (or anyone with working ears) it would have been a much better album.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:33 pm

Saint&Sinner wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:17 pm
I think anyone who knows anything alice related will attest that our two producer friends on ACAS had no idea what they were doing. The album is passable to good currently, i believe if bob ezrin was in charge of the producers chair (or anyone with working ears) it would have been a much better album.
I think, and it's only a personal feeling, that it was really ONE of the producers that caused the problems with ACAS. Saber was a pop/indie producer and as he played and wrote much of the record that is what we got. Hampton had more rock credentials but it seems, to me at least, that Saber had the most influence.

I suppose it's what you get when you tell someone to go record an album for you to sing on, which is what ACAS feels like to me.
The album has possibilities, but the sound, arrangements, and overall feel is the problem, along with a few terrible songs that should never have been recorded for an AC album.

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:31 am

Agreed with everything there Si -
The odd thing is i remember Alice saying that the album was delayed because he was waiting for the two muppets in question to be free for the project. I know alice has faith in his producers and seems to give them largely free rein (which is a good thing with a artist as big as alice as its easy to be a "dont you know who i am" person) but in this case his faith was woefully misguided.
I would like to hear a version of this album by ezrin but sadly we have what we have.
The weird thing is the more you listen to the album the worse it gets! initially i was ok with it (never loved it), but that didnt last long.
Also as an aside - Hungry is one of the worst Alice tunes ever! I hate that tune so much.

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:26 pm

I am actually a bigger fan of solo Alice than even the work with the original band as great as it was. However, I do agree about Along Came a Spider. What is sad is that album actually debuted with a good opening week chart number and some of the things they did like the online pinball machine, the mini-movie they did to promote the album etc had potential and I thought "Vengeance is Mine" was a good tune but the production on that album just destroyed it for me. I recently went back to revisit ACAS and I still didn't care for it. It may be my least favorite Alice album of his solo career.

What also bothers me is the storyline was really good and you do hear some potential in a few of the songs. It could have been so much more.

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:42 pm

Danny Saber was and is still known as a remix guy. Greg being a rock guy should have at least been able to get some good sounding tones, but it all just sounds rather cheap and demo quality.

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:48 am

Lace and Whiskey is one of my top three AC albums. Used to be my #1 from '77 until maybe a year ago. Anyway, glad it's getting the special release treatment.
"He's old, the snake's got gray hair..."

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:03 am

guttertrash wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:42 pm
Danny Saber was and is still known as a remix guy. Greg being a rock guy should have at least been able to get some good sounding tones, but it all just sounds rather cheap and demo quality.
Yep, spot on. The album sounds like a bunch of pre production demos to me. Programmed or sampled drums, synthetic guitars and ropey vocals. As someone else stated, it's a shame as everything else including the packaging and promotion showed some real promise.

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:18 am

wind_up_toy wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:33 am
dadascot wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:15 pm
And will believe two Alice albums in a year when the dish runs away with the spoon!
In fairness, it’s not unprecedented in recent times as Dragontown came out just a year after Brutal Planet. People claimed it was full of BP rejects but that’s another argument altogether.

Anyway Paranormal is already a year old and I can’t see any possible way that another solo album will appear until at least 2019.
I think we won't see another Alice solo album until 2020 spring probably, he's just too busy to release it this year...

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:02 am

AliceFan wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:18 am
I think we won't see another Alice solo album until 2020 spring probably, he's just too busy to release it this year...
I'm with you on this, as the new tour poster carries an ad for the Paranormal album, not a new record. As for a release date for a new album, there was 6 years between the last two studio efforts....so that's kind of hard to gauge.

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:32 am

So you're basically saying that you agree with me saying that we won't see another Alice solo album until spring probably 2020 ?? Cause space between LT and BP was 6 yrs and space between but then after Brutal Planet came Dragontown a year later and then eyes of 2 yrs after in 2003 then DD in 2005then ACAS in 2008 and we were back on track again with him releasing albums every 2 to 3 yrs. Then after W2MN we had to wait six years for paranormal but now looking like we're on track again. Alice says about it in the AZcentral. Com interview that this new album is the answer to Paranormal and it's gonna be like a sequel to it,similar to Dragontown kinda being a part 2 to Brutal Planet, know what I mean?

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:36 am

AliceFan wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:32 am
So you're basically saying that you agree with me saying that we won't see another Alice solo album until spring probably 2020 ?? Cause space between LT and BP was 6 yrs and space between but then after Brutal Planet came Dragontown a year later and then eyes of 2 yrs after in 2003 then DD in 2005then ACAS in 2008 and we were back on track again with him releasing albums every 2 to 3 yrs. Then after W2MN we had to wait six years for paranormal but now looking like we're on track again. Alice says about it in the AZcentral. Com interview that this new album is the answer to Paranormal and it's gonna be like a sequel to it,similar to Dragontown kinda being a part 2 to Brutal Planet, know what I mean?
I know what you mean.

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Post by tuneylune » Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:55 pm

patrick wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:27 pm
rare footage to accompany some Alice pub : footage of the Alice cooper tour in 1972 in Germany !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZaZ4ePRCTk
The interview was kind of out there ("Rock Whore"?? :bam: ), but FANTASTIC footage. What a great band they were!
Good seeing GB have some fun before he got sick and noticed Cindy Lang as well.

Thanks for posting this :)
"I need everything the world owes me..."

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:13 pm

Great news is just received from www.blabbermouth.net and www.alicecooper.com today in the press releases for Alice Cooper tour with Halestorm that Alice will have new music out in time when the Tour starts. So excited, hope it's true, should be since it's posted on his official site. An in news article for HV tour dates it says a new album is expected in the summer, looking forward to that as well. Anyone else catch this news if not I posted the links to see it above. Now I would like to hear your thoughts on this.