Long-time Alice Cooper artist Airic Brumitt needs help

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Devon
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Re: Long-time Alice Cooper artist Airic Brumitt needs help

Post by Devon » Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:22 pm

This reminds me of Howard Stern. His long time engineer's wife recently was battling cancer (she passed away a couple of weeks ago sadly.) . He set up a gofundme page because her costs were astronomical for full time care, transportation, etc. People jumped all over Howard's case only because "he didn't donate, he's not mentioning the fundraiser on the air, etc.) Scott The Engineer broke his silence a couple of weeks ago when someone tweeted him about it and said that Howard had been taking very good care of him.

Long story short..
A.) Never good to make assumptions
B.) If someone knows someone in need personally they will likely offer a check in person or more personal means. I doubt either of these two would use a GoFundMe, so therefore we wouldn't see any donations.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:40 pm

Devon wrote:This reminds me of Howard Stern. His long time engineer's wife recently was battling cancer (she passed away a couple of weeks ago sadly.) . He set up a gofundme page because her costs were astronomical for full time care, transportation, etc. People jumped all over Howard's case only because "he didn't donate, he's not mentioning the fundraiser on the air, etc.) Scott The Engineer broke his silence a couple of weeks ago when someone tweeted him about it and said that Howard had been taking very good care of him.

Long story short..
A.) Never good to make assumptions
B.) If someone knows someone in need personally they will likely offer a check in person or more personal means. I doubt either of these two would use a GoFundMe, so therefore we wouldn't see any donations.
Good Points! :clap:
May the shaming stop.
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:15 pm

Im not a regular listener ofStern so I had no idea about Scott the Engineer's situation. I'm familiar enough with the show to know what Scot the Engineer's politics were - I wonder if he has had a change of heart re: Health Care. Because he sure was a right prick about it.

Rhapsody of Fire
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Rhapsody of Fire » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:50 pm

pitkin88 wrote:$1400 of $10k raised so far. Probably about what Depp pays a day for wine.
If you had the kind of money that Johnny has, you would do the same.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:51 pm

Pitkin's reply has been removed for not only being libellous, but also being in very poor taste, assuming it was meant to be a joke.

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:29 pm

Hugh, who launched the GoFundMe for Airic, has posted this (painful) update:
Just wanted to thank everyone for their donations and let them know how much that has helped Airic out. Unfortunately he’s had a bout with kidney stones and has passed four in the last four weeks without any doctor care. But, with the money received so far, Airic has finally set up a doctors appointment and has been able to pay some medical bills and other in pending bills. So thanks so much for your help. I hope the campaign can continue on and maybe we can sell some more of these prints and raise more money that is desperately needed. Thanks again and more updates soon.
https://www.gofundme.com/help-artist-airic-brumitt

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:34 pm

SickThings wrote:I can't help but wonder if any of you discussing how much different people should contribute have contributed anything?

I'm not saying you should or should not. But I do think it's pretty ballsy to talk about what any person should or should not do in a situation like this.

If you can help, great. If you can't, great. Either way, discussing what someone else should or shouldn't do is out of line, IMO.
I think anyone that feels it's okay to declare what others should contribute, should share with us all what they themselves have contributed so we can all pass judgement.

Please also let us know your monthly income and expenses so we can come up with a proper assessment.

If you're not willing to do this, then STFU.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:55 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
SickThings wrote:I can't help but wonder if any of you discussing how much different people should contribute have contributed anything?

I'm not saying you should or should not. But I do think it's pretty ballsy to talk about what any person should or should not do in a situation like this.

If you can help, great. If you can't, great. Either way, discussing what someone else should or shouldn't do is out of line, IMO.
I think anyone that feels it's okay to declare what others should contribute, should share with us all what they themselves have contributed so we can all pass judgement.

Please also let us know your monthly income and expenses so we can come up with a proper assessment.

If you're not willing to do this, then STFU.
Wow he's out of hibernation. Great post :clap:

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:15 pm

I'm guessing The Solid Rock Foundation kicked in a few bucks as there mission is Christian charity.

I'm pretty sure they are aware of the fund raising effort.