Recent Purchases

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Recent Purchases

Post by kevinuk81 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:03 pm

Went to a record fair earlier today, purchased School Days, (first 2 albums as a double album) for only £3, Lace and Whiskey on vinyl for £6 and Paranormal CD for just £5, if only I could bring myself to listen to it
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Recent Purchases

Post by Toronto Bob » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:47 pm

Nice score on the School Days - here in Canada that album was not easy to get by the late seventies. I finally bought a used copy around 1985 paid $15 for it which I considered a good price. It's the one item I took to get signed at an in-store appearance AC did promoting TLT.

What's the label on your L&W, is it a stock Burbank WB or the custom one?

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:52 am

Toronto Bob wrote:Nice score on the School Days - here in Canada that album was not easy to get by the late seventies. I finally bought a used copy around 1985 paid $15 for it which I considered a good price. It's the one item I took to get signed at an in-store appearance AC did promoting TLT.

What's the label on your L&W, is it a stock Burbank WB or the custom one?
Just asking, had to check mine. I have the "Custom" w/elements from the L & W cover. I bought mine used after I passed the 8-track to the Record & Tape Exchange. I believe it's a U.S. version. Is it a 1st pressing or did they go through multiple pressings before a "Budget" WB release?
Thanks
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:36 am

the stock Burbank label and the custom one with the lace bra and other stuff that I can't recall at the moment but I don't think it was so much original and re-issue but just some pressing plants had the custom labels and others didn't. A more rare variant would be the German pressings that use the beige coloured late 70's early eighties WB design.

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:06 pm

Looks like there basic WB label.
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:41 pm

Toronto Bob wrote:Nice score on the School Days - here in Canada that album was not easy to get by the late seventies. I finally bought a used copy around 1985 paid $15 for it which I considered a good price.
I was in Calgary about seven years ago and found School Days at Hot Wax (used record store). Can't recall the price but it was under $15 in a discount bin. The cover is pretty banged up but the contents are pristine.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...