Vampires Tour - going?

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: Vampires Tour - going?

Post by del » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:37 pm

Also agree. We seem way too focussed on past glories which are just that, in the past.

The last year or two have been great, well beyond expectations and have us talking about the future for a change, well some of us at any rate.

Rob
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Rob » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:57 am

I have just got back from the show in Zurich , had this already booked before the UK dates , Samsung Hall around capacity size of Hammersmith Odeon ( Or what ever the It`s called now ) Nice atmosphere, the Swiss crowd were good , have to say enjoyed it more than the Wembley show , Alice said see you next year
It must be true A_Michael said so

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:40 pm

I've written a blog on the London show here if anyone's interested:

http://welcometomynightmare.co.uk/blog/01st-july-2018/
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:39 pm

Great review! Thanks!

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:53 am

A pleasure :)

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:42 pm

I meant to comment on your comment about Johnny Depp. When I saw the Vampires in 2016, I was really impressed with everything about him. He not only plays well and is charismatic, but he was engaged with the audience the entire time: pointing at people, high-fiving people, posing for their photos, and just engaged with everyone the whole show. I had no idea what to expect from him, but he really interacted with the audience the whole show.

Rhapsody of Fire
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Rhapsody of Fire » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:59 pm

Good review, good site.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:44 pm

SickThings wrote:I meant to comment on your comment about Johnny Depp. When I saw the Vampires in 2016, I was really impressed with everything about him. He not only plays well and is charismatic, but he was engaged with the audience the entire time: pointing at people, high-fiving people, posing for their photos, and just engaged with everyone the whole show. I had no idea what to expect from him, but he really interacted with the audience the whole show.
I saw much the same thing, there were so many people fixed on him for so much of the show and he really seemed to enjoy it. I think he’s said before that he prefers being on stage to being on a set and you can see why. He’s far more than a high profile novelty in my opinion.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:44 pm

Rhapsody of Fire wrote:Good review, good site.
Thanks!

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:36 pm

wind_up_toy wrote:
SickThings wrote:I meant to comment on your comment about Johnny Depp. When I saw the Vampires in 2016, I was really impressed with everything about him. He not only plays well and is charismatic, but he was engaged with the audience the entire time: pointing at people, high-fiving people, posing for their photos, and just engaged with everyone the whole show. I had no idea what to expect from him, but he really interacted with the audience the whole show.
I saw much the same thing, there were so many people fixed on him for so much of the show and he really seemed to enjoy it. I think he’s said before that he prefers being on stage to being on a set and you can see why. He’s far more than a high profile novelty in my opinion.
In JD's salad days he was in a small little known band while he was pursuing his acting career. We should know that.
However, the audience for a Vampires show is something completely different!
Who wouldn't enjoy going back to your roots & having fun at the same time?
Big Halls, Festivals & no small stinky dive bars. :devil:
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:42 am

wind_up_toy wrote:I've written a blog on the London show here if anyone's interested:

a great review that sums up my thoughts exactly! Well done!

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:28 pm

Daggers & Contracts wrote:
wind_up_toy wrote:
In JD's salad days he was in a small little known band while he was pursuing his acting career. We should know that.
However, the audience for a Vampires show is something completely different!
Who wouldn't enjoy going back to your roots & having fun at the same time?
Big Halls, Festivals & no small stinky dive bars. :devil:
The boy’s done good, film star or no film star he earns his place on that stage and is clearly enjoying every moment.

Good for him I say!

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:28 pm

dadascot wrote:
wind_up_toy wrote:I've written a blog on the London show here if anyone's interested:

a great review that sums up my thoughts exactly! Well done!
Thank you Sir :)

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:31 am

caught the Lucca show. Big crowd, great show and the whole band seemed to enjoy it. JD wouldn't leave the stage at the end. Many folk knew the HV songs as well.
Far better than Glasgow.

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:17 am

A few more comments on the Lucca show.

The crowd was probably a third each of casual fans, JD fans and really serious Alice fans. Really impressed by the number and variety of Alice t-shirts on display and with the Alice displays in a few of the local shops.

Top price standing tickets were sold out and the general standing area was very full as well. The tiny seating area in the middle was full and the overpriced premium seating for only about 200 at the back probably about 30% full. All in all a big crowd which had been gathering from lunchtime in the restaurants around the square.

Enjoyed the pre gig chanting among the crowd with the Italian "Aleece, Aleece" chanting actually getting the better of the "Johneee,Johnee".

The gig was as described in wind up toys blog with the crowd totally into it from the start.

Every song got a big response, particularly Heroes, Eighteen, Ace of Spades and Break on Through.

The really surprising element was how well the original songs seemed to be known and enjoyed. A really strong response to them all, particularly Dead Drunk Friends.

Encore was blistering with Joe really having a ball and the audience around me genuinely gong nuts. Really great to experience such a lively standing crowd when seeing Alice.

At the end Alice again said see you next year but also made a comment to thank the crowd for the best gig on the tour. Judging by the whole bands response at the end they genuinely seemed to have enjoyed it a lot.

JD must have stayed behind an extra 2-3 mins after the rest to wave, hand out fists full of plectrums and milk the sustained applause. I think his assistant tried to move him twice and he wouldn't budge. Interesting thing is that while he is clearly a huge draw for the show, several times he made it very clear that he was referring to Joe and particularly Alice. He did it in Glasgow as well but not as often and certainly not with as much emotion.

Excellent night and I'm another one who has been won over now.

Absolutely delighted that there is something else to look forward to from Alice now.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:05 am

Sounds like a good trip over to Italy!