PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:43 am 
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

February 25, 1973. The band at their peak began that day. I had to say something! Happy 45th, guys.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:09 am 
Dada God
Dada God

Great anniversary, while I love it, it is the least favourite of the ACG warner albums for me. Still makes it greater than just about any other album!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:41 pm 
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

B$B took a while to grow on me, honestly, but it has made its way into my top 10.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:01 pm 
Dada God
Dada God

First AC album I ever heard. Incredible piece of work.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:01 pm 
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

My first AC album. Saw Alice do Sick Things on the Snoop Sisters and had to have that song.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:42 pm 
Trash
Trash

Hi - New member saying hello to all!

B$B isn't my favourite - that honour goes to the two that preceded it with 'Killer' generally being on top - but it was my first as a thirteen year old in '73... in fact - with saved up dinner money (my lovely Baptist and conservative - with a small 'c' - parents would never have given me the funds to join up with the freak-show that had entranced me on Top Of The Pops) - it was the first record I ever bought.

The intro to 'Hello Hooray' still raises a teenage shiver. Its maybe a tad over-produced for me now - but that's with hindsight. At the time I was thrilled with the sonic miracle - that impossibly cool gang were taped in some room and the sounds coming out of my hand-me-down mono gramophone were actually made by them - it was like having a window from my suburban bedroom into a more exciting world.

Happy birthday B$B. God love you.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:48 pm 
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

tomwabe wrote:
Hi - New member saying hello to all!

B$B isn't my favourite - that honour goes to the two that preceded it with 'Killer' generally being on top - but it was my first as a thirteen year old in '73... in fact - with saved up dinner money (my lovely Baptist and conservative - with a small 'c' - parents would never have given me the funds to join up with the freak-show that had entranced me on Top Of The Pops) - it was the first record I ever bought.

The intro to 'Hello Hooray' still raises a teenage shiver. Its maybe a tad over-produced for me now - but that's with hindsight. At the time I was thrilled with the sonic miracle - that impossibly cool gang were taped in some room and the sounds coming out of my hand-me-down mono gramophone were actually made by them - it was like having a window from my suburban bedroom into a more exciting world.

Happy birthday B$B. God love you.

Hey there, Tom! I was also 13 in '73. My parents were Baptist as well as conservative (as am I). They funded my Coop purchases for years. Mom said, "It's better than him going out and getting on drugs."