Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Old Grey Whistle Test Interview

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:06 am

Seriously wrote:Never seen this before, if you have, watch it again. :blues:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tryByT2_wXA
Thanks,
I have some OGWT DVD's but they're "Best Of's". Very good "Live" (mostly) performances & a few interviews & a blistering commentary by Roger Daltrey about the Major Record Companies misstep when killing Vinyl by pushing Digital. I don't remember a beer drinking interview with Alice & they don't allow Alcohol to be drank on Commercial T.V. in the U.S. - even then & it took awhile to do the same about cigarettes. Wide ranging interview & very good.
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

Paul
Killer
Killer

Post by Paul » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:05 pm

This weekend BBC 4 have been celebrating Old Grey Whistle Test and they have shown clips of Alice's classic performance of Under My Wheels.

When OGWT could not get an artist to come in and play but they wanted to highlight a new album track, they would show an old film clip from the 1940s, or whenever, with the music playing over it.

I have a memory of them showing an old film clip with Wish I Were Born In Beverly Hills accompanying it. Does anyone else remember this or is my mind playing tricks on me 40 years on?

tommycooper
Trash
Trash

Post by tommycooper » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:00 am

I remember a very old black and white cartoon (and another Bob Harris interview) accompanying it Paul.I haven't watched it in a while, but there might be a clip of the interview on Super Duper?I think it aired before From The Inside was released in the UK. The step up in quality after Lace & Whiskey was stellar imo.