Vampires UK dates with the Darkness and the Damned

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: Vampires UK dates with the Darkness and the Damned

Post by del » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:10 am

NotSoPerfect wrote:Sounds like you guys are catching up to the fun of concert ticket buying that some of us have been "enjoying" for years.

That said, if I like an act, I'm still going to go see them. I'll do my best to try for good seats, but can still have fun otherwise.

When you converge three main fan bases--Coop, Perry/Aerosmith, and Depp--and add in casual/passing fans of the group, and fans of the other members of the band from other things, it was always going to be a more sought after ticket than a typical Coop show.
The laugh here is that after day one and even with the buzz that's about it appears to have sold a bit less than the Alice show last year. I hope this does sell well but I really don't know. Sure, you are converging three fan bases but so far it's felt like less than the sum of the parts.

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:12 am

del wrote:
NotSoPerfect wrote:Sounds like you guys are catching up to the fun of concert ticket buying that some of us have been "enjoying" for years.

That said, if I like an act, I'm still going to go see them. I'll do my best to try for good seats, but can still have fun otherwise.

When you converge three main fan bases--Coop, Perry/Aerosmith, and Depp--and add in casual/passing fans of the group, and fans of the other members of the band from other things, it was always going to be a more sought after ticket than a typical Coop show.
The laugh here is that after day one and even with the buzz that's about it appears to have sold a bit less than the Alice show last year. I hope this does sell well but I really don't know. Sure, you are converging three fan bases but so far it's felt like less than the sum of the parts.
Meant to say less than Alice had sold after day one, not overall.

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:56 am

mestreech wrote:Let's be serious - a $1000 meet and greet, ridiculous. ::((:
Metallica were asking £2k.

i love them, and i love Johnny Depp and i usually subscribe to the "carpe diem" view rather than opting out and possibly regretting things, but...i'm not made of money.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:10 pm

Got my glasgow tickets. Not where I wanted and not the venue I wanted but I'm still buzzing! This could be our last chance to see Alice live. I'm really looking forward to seeing it and also a very different gig. I'm assuming a few off the new album with some Alice songs and some cover songs. What would make it perfect would be the ACG being in the line up, either all or some of them!

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:49 pm

[/quote]you are converging three fan bases but so far it's felt like less than the sum of the parts.[/quote]

it's just a very boring band and no amount of 'star' power can fix that.
"He's old, the snake's got gray hair..."

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:37 pm

padre_sliprat wrote:
you are converging three fan bases but so far it's felt like less than the sum of the parts.[/quote]

it's just a very boring band and no amount of 'star' power can fix that.[/quote]

That all depends on personal opinion. If it's worth seeing, it's worth a ticket. If you find it boring to the point of being unfixable, save yourself the money. Done and done! Everyone's happier.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

Dazdot
Trash
Trash

Post by Dazdot » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:50 pm

If anyone gets 2 spare tickets for Birmingham or Manchester, I may buy them if the price is right. :)

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:43 am

According to the hydro website the gig is practically sold out! Don't know how many are bought by touts but still looking good!

suziginajackson
Killer
Killer

Post by suziginajackson » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:39 pm

The annoying thing is, these are exactly the same venues that Alice played with his solo shows last year

Why didn't the Vampires go to different cities in the same area?

June 16th: Birmingham Genting Arena - why not Nottingham Motorpoint Arena
June 17th: Manchester Arena - why not Leeds First Direct Arena
June 19th: Glasgow SSE Hydro - why not Edinburgh Royal Highland Centre
June 20th: Wembley Arena - why not Hammersmith Apollo or the London 02 Arena
People try to put us down
Just because we get around

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:49 pm

Promoters.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:06 pm

The bands get little or no say about the tours! It is the promoters that decide which venue, how much they charge etc! Based on how much profit they can squeeze out of the tour, especially now that albums only make a fraction of what they did. Again I don't like to say that personally I would have preferred a more intimate venue, standing, cheaper meet and greet! But I'm over the moon the vampires are playing glasgow and can't wait! I was certain that they would only play download! Now if only some or all of the remaining ACG join the tour I'd be in heaven!

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:35 pm

suziginajackson wrote:The annoying thing is, these are exactly the same venues that Alice played with his solo shows last year

Why didn't the Vampires go to different cities in the same area?
June 20th: Wembley Arena - why not Hammersmith Apollo or the London 02 Arena
In the case of this one Hammersmith is probably too small and 02 too large.

Also remember that Alice isn`t the main draw of this show. It's Depp. That's the main thing getting the attention of the mainstream press and gossip columns. Most headlines are "Johnny Depp and friends play shows in ..." or similar and there have been tons, as it gives them another excuse to run another a Johnny Depp story, which sell their rags.
A great many there will likely have the most basic idea who Alice is (Poison/SO - the horror heavy metal singer) and even less who Perry is.

Rhapsody of Fire
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Rhapsody of Fire » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:14 pm

killer wolf wrote:

i love them, and i love Johnny Depp and i usually subscribe to the "carpe diem" view rather than opting out and possibly regretting things, but...i'm not made of money.
Do you love Johnny Depp as a musician or actor? As an actor or a musician?To be or not to be, this is the question.

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:50 am

Up until last year shows were mostly unseated here as well for Alice even in the arenas. The new promoters (AEG) decided to screw us all (okay, almost all. There are obviously people with more money then sense out there) and make it seated to squeeze extra money out of people.
It pretty much ruined the last tour as it destroys the atmosphere when you are surrounded with people who don`t really seem to care about the show, don`t know the songs and spend more time playing with their phones or going in and out for more beer.
This, plus the horrible venues that are the UK arenas, is the main problem. The other problem is the way tickets are sold. You have no idea where or when decent tickets will turn up, which utility, phone or bank you may need to access them, and most seem to go to VIP or straight secondary market anyway.

If you are happy to pay a lot of money (ticket/parking/food/drink etc) to sit up the side or back and watch through binoculars (or the occasional big screen TV, which Alice has rarely had) to see what is happening that that's fine. I'm not and many others aren`t either, and it's heartbreaking to see it happening more and more often.

You wait, it will likely happen where you are as well.

This is the issue, as someone else has already mentioned you can pay anything from 15-25 quid and get to see several great bands in a decent venue with great atmosphere. Blaze Bayley, mortiis, davey suicide and night ranger all booked so far this year.

The thing is the artists must shoulder some of the blame as they strike the deal with the promoters. They are not protesting the use of seats/VIP packages which drive the prices up and the true fans to stay at home. They allow it to happen.

I think its disgusting that all these bands get away with it. I thought alice was one of the better ones until last years debacle. I would be sad to say it but if he carries on i don't think i could go to see him again.

What makes it worse is depp is the main attraction for 90% of people. Who is, a piss poor guitarist with zero stage presence. How sad.

Like i said in the past, this is a hard pass.

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:50 am

Rhapsody of Fire wrote:
killer wolf wrote:

Do you love Johnny Depp as a musician or actor? As an actor or a musician?To be or not to be, this is the question.
as an actor, but he's not the kind who would turn up at something like the LFCC so this would be the only way to meet him, i guess. i think he's a capable musician, of course, but only playing as a guest on stuff i've heard doesn't really give enough of a showing to make me an uber raving fan.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

MVS 1009
Trash
Trash

Post by MVS 1009 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:20 pm

Does anyone have any idea at this stage who the band will comprise of? Apart from Alice, Joe and Johnny I presume Tommy H will be involved.

The idea as raised in earlier posts on this subject that members of the original ACG could be involved would be amazing. Allowing my imagination to run riot for a moment I could see Dennis fitting in perfectly, possibly even Neal. Not quite sure where Michael would fit and that would be a real shame.

The problem with The Hollywood Vampires whoever plays will be very much in the shadow of Johnny Depp.

Rhapsody of Fire
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Rhapsody of Fire » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:42 pm

NotSoPerfect wrote:
padre_sliprat wrote:
you are converging three fan bases but so far it's felt like less than the sum of the parts.
it's just a very boring band and no amount of 'star' power can fix that.[/quote]

That all depends on personal opinion. If it's worth seeing, it's worth a ticket. If you find it boring to the point of being unfixable, save yourself the money. Done and done! Everyone's happier.[/quote]

True.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:13 am

Ok I may be in the minority but I liked the first HV album. Since I bought my tickets I have given it another airing! Some songs work better than others but on the whole it is good fun, high energy rock! Alice is on fine vocal form and obviously enjoying himself. One or two more obscure choices would have helped but overall I really like it.

patrick
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by patrick » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:19 pm

I am with Dadascot on this : liked the first Hv very much (with a few songs I could do without)
watched the Rio show several times and thought that Alice was in control of it and enjoyed himself. The so called star attitude of Depp didn't bother me.
Pitty the Whole lot of love version of the Rio show didn't make the album.
you really wouldn't understand..

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:24 am

Saint&Sinner wrote: What makes it worse is depp is the main attraction for 90% of people. Who is, a piss poor guitarist with zero stage presence. How sad.
One can argue "stage presence," but when I saw them perform, Depp was totally engaged with the crowd the whole show. I was rather surprised, as I had expected him to be too "cool" to interact, but he was constantly engaging with the audience: high-fiving people, pointing at them, making eye contact with them, playing to the crowd. He looked like he was having fun, and he gave the Depp fans in the audience exactly what they wanted. I came away a bigger Depp fan than I went in....

Hunter