Identity Crisis.....

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

evil syd
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Identity Crisis.....

Post by evil syd » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:21 am

.....is a great song and he should play it live. :)
DoCtOrS wAnT To ChEcK Me, PoKe Me, AnD DiSsEcT Me......

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Identity Crisis.....

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:05 pm

It was the last great song for me for many years and marked the end of that classic period beginning with FTF.

There's not a snowballs chance in hell he'd play it live. He's only played one song off the new album.

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:22 pm

interesting curios but i have never fallen in love with it, i have more time for see me in the mirror.
The two songs always sound very cheaply recorded to me, very thin production. Interesting but yeah, never my fave

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:31 am

I agree with Pitkin. To me it was the end of a great period.

Babysquid
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Babysquid » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:37 am

mr.barlow wrote:I agree with Pitkin. To me it was the end of a great period.
Yay! He’s back ( Mr Barlow that is, not the man behind the mask)

Babysquid
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Babysquid » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:39 am

I also agree with Pitkin. The blackout years have always been my favorite period of Alice’s solo career.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:10 am

Babysquid wrote:
mr.barlow wrote:I agree with Pitkin. To me it was the end of a great period.
Yay! He’s back ( Mr Barlow that is, not the man behind the mask)

he hibernates this time of year. Covered in papers he is.

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:51 pm

I always liked that song but considering it was a movie soundtrack of a relatively obscure film, etc. there is zero chance it is ever going to get played live. There are a ton of other songs many fans have asked to hear for years in front of that one. In my opinion, Raise Your Fist and Yell was a really good album, and everything from Hey Stoopid thru Brutal Planet were really, really good periods.

The son of Don Quijote
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by The son of Don Quijote » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:01 pm

While DaDa is my all time favorite Alice Cooper album, blackout era is not my favorite Alice period. Flush The Fashion, despite its short length, is quite an uneven album. Special Forces is a terrible record with only a couple decent moments. Zipper Catches Skin is pretty good but by no means amazing or great. Identity Crisis doesn't grab me. It isn't awful. It just doesn't do anything for me. There are loads of songs that haven't been played live for years or haven't been played live at all that I would prefer hearing in concert.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:29 pm

I found this film on sale at a video store many years ago. I liked the song but it isn't a stand out. I always regarded special forces as the weakest of the forgotten years, but I got the blue vinyl reissue for Christmas. I have been playing it to death and find it more 'punk' than most things excepting the clash. A lot of energy and attitude. I always like it when you rediscover an album.

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:11 pm

dadascot wrote:I always like it when you rediscover an album.
Me too. I'm on a Trash kick now, having not listened to it in months.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:22 pm

The so-called blackout albums:

1. ZCS is great except the embarrassing Tag, You're It
2. Dada is pretty good
3. FTF would have been ok if not for the flat splat RTB production
4. SF has Seven & Seven Is. That's the lone moment I can tolerate on that record. I like the album sleeve.
"He's old, the snake's got gray hair..."

darkmenace
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by darkmenace » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:07 am

FTF - Monster start with TT then Clones (unfortunately neither written by Alice) and then uneven after that. C+

SF - Cool image and tour, love the Paris special. The album has several good songs but no great ones. C+

ZCS - First side is bland, terrible ending with pure baloney. Second side is so wildly cocaine-fueled that it is interesting. I like several of the songs. C

DaDa - Amazing. Nuff said. A

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:16 pm

padre_sliprat wrote:The so-called blackout albums:

1. ZCS is great except the embarrassing Tag, You're It
2. Dada is pretty good
3. FTF would have been ok if not for the flat splat RTB production
4. SF has Seven & Seven Is. That's the lone moment I can tolerate on that record. I like the album sleeve.
1) FTF: 9/10 RTB gives Alice a great hard clean sound and there is not a bad song on the album.
2) Da Da: 9/10. Apart from FB which doesnt fit it is wonderful.
3) SF: Fun album with the brilliant Vicious Rumours.
4) ZCS: Quality drops here. 6/10.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:45 pm

I think Identity Crisis could have found a home on any of the "Black Out" albums. Cool tune - but I'm a fan of that era. Much preferred over anything released in the aughts

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:51 am

Toronto Bob wrote:I think Identity Crisis could have found a home on any of the "Black Out" albums. Cool tune - but I'm a fan of that era. Much preferred over anything released in the aughts
Wasn't Identity Crisises one of a handful of songs Alice recorded in Spain? As I recall it was a guitar, drums, bass and vocal and sounded like Iggy coulda covered it.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:41 pm

I don't know, I suppose I could look up timelines here but I'll go by my memory and suppostions. There were 2 songs associated with Monster Dog IC and See Me in the Mirror - recorded in Spain? IDK, sure, handful of songs? IDK that either, maybe? Again not checking the timeline but I think Monster Dog comes after DaDa and I'm thinking he may have been a single guy at this point, maybe just getting sober. Anyway, that's my impression I'm sure someone knows the facts better than I. What other songs were recorded in the same time frame as IC and SMITM? I'd like to hear those because I like the 2 tunes, movie was crap and was not an easy one to find back in the day. I finally got a copy through a hipster movie rental place in Toronto called After Dark Video (paid $25 for a Lifetime membership!!) and made a dub. I'm sure I still have the VHS copy somewhere in my pile of a couple of hundred tapes waiting to be sorted through and digitized.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:04 pm

eBay is selling copies from between £15-20.

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:07 pm

Toronto Bob wrote:I don't know, I suppose I could look up timelines here but I'll go by my memory and suppostions. There were 2 songs associated with Monster Dog IC and See Me in the Mirror - recorded in Spain? IDK, sure, handful of songs? IDK that either, maybe? Again not checking the timeline but I think Monster Dog comes after DaDa and I'm thinking he may have been a single guy at this point, maybe just getting sober. Anyway, that's my impression I'm sure someone knows the facts better than I. What other songs were recorded in the same time frame as IC and SMITM? I'd like to hear those because I like the 2 tunes, movie was crap and was not an easy one to find back in the day. I finally got a copy through a hipster movie rental place in Toronto called After Dark Video (paid $25 for a Lifetime membership!!) and made a dub. I'm sure I still have the VHS copy somewhere in my pile of a couple of hundred tapes waiting to be sorted through and digitized.
A handful of potato chips could be 2 or 5. The actual number isn't important - just making a generalization according to memory.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:21 pm

I doubt there were more than 2 recorded songs as they were specifically recorded for the film.