2017 - How does it rank?

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

2017 - How does it rank?

Post by del » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:01 am

Well, nearly all over now and I was reflecting on how 2017 ranks in terms of being an Alice fan. A clear landmark year for me and goes into my list of key years.

1972 - Schools Out. First seeing and hearing the group on Top of the Pops. Changed my life.
1973 - Billion Dollar Babies. Worshiped that album for years.
1982 - Special Forces tour. First chance to see Alice live. Electryfing night.
1986 - Comstrictor and Nightmare Return's tour and video. What a contrast from 82. A man who genuinely seemed far more focussed and physically fitter.
1989 - Poison. Hadn't heard about the single coming out and saw the video by chance on breakfast TV at a friend's house. Just new it was going to be big and was delighted that he was back selling again.
1994 - TLT - just a classic for me from start to finish. First few bars of Sideshow grabbed me and I've never stopped enjoying the album.
2000 - Brutal Planet - loved the industrial sound and whole feel of the album. The tour was excellent, one of the best and in smaller venues too.
2010 - Halloween Roundhouse show in London. Fantastic crowd, brilliant costumes, intimate venue and just a great night.

2017 - Two obvious reasons:
1. Paranormal - surprisingly excellent album with a future classic in Fireball. The fact that it hit so many charts was a real bonus and thanks for that must go at least in part to the new label. It was brilliant to walk into the music shop and see Paranormal displayed in the top 10 rack again after so long.
2. The UK tour. To hear that the old band was joining Alice in the US for a few songs was an absolute pleasure for me. Watching the Nashville show on YouTube was a real treat and I was delighted that it worked so well. Hearing that the guys were coming to the UK blew my mind for weeks. I'll never forget the gig in Glasgow as it was simply something I never thought I'd see.

2017 - a brilliant year to be a fan!

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Re: 2017 - How does it rank?

Post by dadascot » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:26 am

del wrote:Well, nearly all over now and I was reflecting on how 2017 ranks in terms of being an Alice fan. A clear landmark year for me and goes into my list of key years.

1972 - Schools Out. First seeing and hearing the group on Top of the Pops. Changed my life.
1973 - Billion Dollar Babies. Worshiped that album for years.
1982 - Special Forces tour. First chance to see Alice live. Electryfing night.
1986 - Comstrictor and Nightmare Return's tour and video. What a contrast from 82. A man who genuinely seemed far more focussed and physically fitter.
1989 - Poison. Hadn't heard about the single coming out and saw the video by chance on breakfast TV at a friend's house. Just new it was going to be big and was delighted that he was back selling again.
1994 - TLT - just a classic for me from start to finish. First few bars of Sideshow grabbed me and I've never stopped enjoying the album.
2000 - Brutal Planet - loved the industrial sound and whole feel of the album. The tour was excellent, one of the best and in smaller venues too.
2010 - Halloween Roundhouse show in London. Fantastic crowd, brilliant costumes, intimate venue and just a great night.

2017 - Two obvious reasons:
1. Paranormal - surprisingly excellent album with a future classic in Fireball. The fact that it hit so many charts was a real bonus and thanks for that must go at least in part to the new label. It was brilliant to walk into the music shop and see Paranormal displayed in the top 10 rack again after so long.
2. The UK tour. To hear that the old band was joining Alice in the US for a few songs was an absolute pleasure for me. Watching the Nashville show on YouTube was a real treat and I was delighted that it worked so well. Hearing that the guys were coming to the UK blew my mind for weeks. I'll never forget the gig in Glasgow as it was simply something I never thought I'd see.

2017 - a brilliant year to be a fan!
Totally agree, nothing to add. 2018 looks like being the year of the Hollywood vampires. I hope they tour the uk and hope Alice collaborates more with the ACG.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:30 pm

Paranornal was a really solid album and it was good to see MB DD and NS on record and playing live.

I hope Hollywood Vampires write new material as I have no interest in the overblown covers.

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:05 pm

Liked the 78 and 79 tours. 1978 being the best of all his tours I've attended.
"He's old, the snake's got gray hair..."

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:12 am

pitkin88 wrote:Paranornal was a really solid album and it was good to see MB DD and NS on record and playing live.

I hope Hollywood Vampires write new material as I have no interest in the overblown covers.

Agree. Think I've played the HV album three times at most. Would like to hear an album of new material but even with that I don't think 2018 has a chance of being a big year.