Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: GB. Last alice show
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:00 pm 
Offline
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:59 am
Posts: 252
Does anyone know what was the last show to have glenn? Did he ever reunite with alice in the 90s before he passed?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GB. Last alice show
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:53 pm 
Offline
Dada God
Dada God

Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:35 pm
Posts: 5369
From Keith1980:
"Did he ever reunite with alice in the 90s before he passed?"

They met in 1997 after a show.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GB. Last alice show
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:48 pm 
Offline
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:59 am
Posts: 252
Was their ever a time when the whole band was together after the break up? Either playing or just seeing each other?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GB. Last alice show
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:51 pm 
Offline
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:43 pm
Posts: 274
Keith1980 wrote:
Was their ever a time when the whole band was together after the break up? Either playing or just seeing each other?


Not that I'm aware of. As far as I know there's only been reunions of up to 4 of them, i.e. Alice, Michael, Dennis and Neal.

Ted


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GB. Last alice show
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:40 am 
Offline
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:40 pm
Posts: 316
Location: Bastrop, Texas
Ted Sallis wrote:
Keith1980 wrote:
Was their ever a time when the whole band was together after the break up? Either playing or just seeing each other?


Not that I'm aware of. As far as I know there's only been reunions of up to 4 of them, i.e. Alice, Michael, Dennis and Neal.

Ted


October 1997 Houston, Texas was GB, MB and NS.










_________________
1/28/18 Brc/Bxtn/Cpr/Dnwy/Smth played Dada LP. Encore: Levity B/ROTS. Tix stub reads 1/28/68.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GB. Last alice show
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:18 am 
Offline
Dada God
Dada God

Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:25 am
Posts: 3448
Location: calif
Keith1980 wrote:
Does anyone know what was the last show to have glenn? Did he ever reunite with alice in the 90s before he passed?


Channeling Bob D it's Glen not glenn.










_________________
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzbeFMpdVIA


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GB. Last alice show
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:01 pm 
Offline
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2004 3:00 pm
Posts: 498
Keith1980 wrote:
Does anyone know what was the last show to have glenn?




From here....



April 6th `74 Rio De Janeiro, Brazil Maracanacinho [18,988 capacity sold out]- The last ever show by the original band.


Oct `74 Circus reports the band at rest.
`After the last Brazil show, Glen disappears into the jungle for six weeks before returning to Conn. via New York, where he`s playing with video equipment (he then watched as an electrical fault caused $300,000 of damage to the mansion during a fire). Dennis is also in Conn. relaxing with Cindy. Mike has sold his Connecticut house and has moved to Lake Tahoe where he has built his own studio and is working there with Mike Mashbir. Neal is in Conn. putting finishing touches on `Platinum God`. Alice is also beginning to plan his own Solo album. He`s also spotted in Hawaii playing golf at James MacArthur's (Hawaii 5-0) Hawaiian Adventure Celebrity Golf and Tennis Tournament.`










_________________
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GB. Last alice show
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:33 pm 
Offline
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:43 pm
Posts: 274
^^ I've seen/read those entries before. It's such a shame there couldn't have been a subsequent entry, say 1 year after the Oct.'74 one as follows:

Oct.'75 After finishing his tour in support of the Nightmare album, Alice reconvenes with the Original Group to begin work on the follow up to Muscle of Love. Despite the sales figures for the Nightmare album, Alice announces he has no plans to record another solo album due to his honest admission that the music on his own album cannot begin to compare in quality to that of the Original Group. The Group plans a major tour following completion of their album in early 1976.

Ted


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GB. Last alice show
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:36 pm 
Offline
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:43 pm
Posts: 274
Ted Sallis wrote:
^^ I've seen/read those entries before. It's such a shame there couldn't have been a subsequent entry, say 1 year after the Oct.'74 one as follows:

Oct.'75 After finishing his tour in support of the Nightmare album, Alice reconvenes with the Original Group to begin work on the follow up to Muscle of Love. Despite the sales figures for the Nightmare album, Alice announces he has no plans to record another solo album due to his honest admission that the music on his own album cannot begin to compare in quality to that of the Original Group. The Group plans a major tour following completion of their album in early 1976.

Disclaimer: Okay, I must readily admit that I'm sure Alice doesn't really feel that way about the musical quality of WTMN, but who know's what might have happened if he did...?

Ted


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GB. Last alice show
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:53 pm 
Offline
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:42 pm
Posts: 421
Location: Tennessee
Ted Sallis wrote:
^^ I've seen/read those entries before. It's such a shame there couldn't have been a subsequent entry, say 1 year after the Oct.'74 one as follows:

Oct.'75 After finishing his tour in support of the Nightmare album, Alice reconvenes with the Original Group to begin work on the follow up to Muscle of Love. Despite the sales figures for the Nightmare album, Alice announces he has no plans to record another solo album due to his honest admission that the music on his own album cannot begin to compare in quality to that of the Original Group. The Group plans a major tour following completion of their album in early 1976.

Ted


I respectfully disagree. The original band made good music and those years were great, but I prefer the solo years and while many will disagree with me, some others enjoy the solo years as well. I like the various aspects of his career. For example, those early 80's albums have become some of my favorites ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GB. Last alice show
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:04 am 
Offline
Dada God
Dada God

Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:36 pm
Posts: 1212
Location: holland
Ted Sallis wrote:
^^ I've seen/read those entries before. It's such a shame there couldn't have been a subsequent entry, say 1 year after the Oct.'74 one as follows:

Oct.'75 After finishing his tour in support of the Nightmare album, Alice reconvenes with the Original Group to begin work on the follow up to Muscle of Love. Despite the sales figures for the Nightmare album, Alice announces he has no plans to record another solo album due to his honest admission that the music on his own album cannot begin to compare in quality to that of the Original Group. The Group plans a major tour following completion of their album in early 1976.

Ted


Shame that never happened.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GB. Last alice show
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:24 am 
Offline
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:40 pm
Posts: 316
Location: Bastrop, Texas
cooperrocks wrote:
I respectfully disagree. The original band made good music and those years were great, but I prefer the solo years and while many will disagree with me, some others enjoy the solo years as well. I like the various aspects of his career. For example, those early 80's albums have become some of my favorites ever.


I've loved every era, except 86-92 (but I can't resist a little Thrill My Gorilla when lifting weights). The two albums which have consistently been my favorites are PFY and ZCS (I just pretend Tag, You're It does not exist). I recently bought the four 'blackout' albums (in shrink wrap) at a record store for almost nothing. SF is a radio promo copy.










_________________
1/28/18 Brc/Bxtn/Cpr/Dnwy/Smth played Dada LP. Encore: Levity B/ROTS. Tix stub reads 1/28/68.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GB. Last alice show
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:02 pm 
Offline
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:42 pm
Posts: 421
Location: Tennessee
padre_sliprat wrote:
cooperrocks wrote:
I respectfully disagree. The original band made good music and those years were great, but I prefer the solo years and while many will disagree with me, some others enjoy the solo years as well. I like the various aspects of his career. For example, those early 80's albums have become some of my favorites ever.


I've loved every era, except 86-92 (but I can't resist a little Thrill My Gorilla when lifting weights). The two albums which have consistently been my favorites are PFY and ZCS (I just pretend Tag, You're It does not exist). I recently bought the four 'blackout' albums (in shrink wrap) at a record store for almost nothing. SF is a radio promo copy.


I can honestly say I like every Alice era. The stuff with the original band was definitely good stuff and Glen Buxton is missed, but it wasn't my favorite era. From the Inside was my favorite of the 70's albums. In lines with your post, I loved the 86-92 era as I am a fan of the 80's hard sound. Constrictor was good but I thought the second half of Raise Your Fist and Yell was amazing. Trash had its moments, but I think Hey Stoopid is one of the best albums Alice ever did. Just my two cents.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group



SickthingsUK is not associated with Alice Cooper, Alive Enterprises, Universal Records or any official entity.
This is an unofficial fan site.
I am NOT Alice Cooper, Toby Mamis OR Shep Gordon. Honest!
The SickthingsUK News Page and Site are copyright © 1997-2018; all rights reserved. Any duplication or reproduction of items on this page without permission is prohibited unless you provide a link please. Credits and acknowledgements are noted where known. No copyright infringement is intended.
I accept all news stories related to Alice Cooper; click here to contact me.
SickthingsUK is a participant in the Amazon Europe S.à r.l. Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk