PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:22 am 
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

I was watching something tonight and remembered a while back (pages found on Google suggest two or more years ago) that there was talk, strong rumours even, of a collaboration on a musical by Alice and the Mighty Boosh.

Did that ever come to anything, was it anything other than rumour, has it been shelved, or d) other? Anyone know?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:23 am 
Dada God
Dada God

I think it was merely a humourous conversation. Now that the Mighty Boosh has kinda faded in popularity i'd suggest it's unlikely to happen.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:49 am 
Dada God
Dada God

From jram:
"was it anything other than rumour"

No, although Alice seems to genuinely (for some reason) like them (he said they reminded him of Dennis Dunaway, presumably because of their surreal humour).

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:01 pm 
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

A BBC article today reports: "[Noel Fielding] explained that he recently lost a stone to play the singer Alice Cooper."

Anyone know where or why?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40842313

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:09 pm 
Just call me "Chuck"!
Just call me "Chuck"!

jram wrote:
A BBC article today reports: "[Noel Fielding] explained that he recently lost a stone to play the singer Alice Cooper."

Anyone know where or why?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40842313

It's for the SkyArts 'Urban Legends' series. This was reported some months back (but without mention of Noel Fielding) and I actually thought it had been and gone back then but apparently not. The show presents various "urban Legends" some of which are actually true, while some really are just urban legends. They are doing a bit about the Alice/Dali meeting.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:21 pm 
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

More info on the Alice/Dali "Urban Myths" episode: http://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2017/11/2 ... cooper?rss

David Suchet (Poirot) as Dali,
Noel Fielding as Alice,
Paul Kaye (Dennis Pennis) as Shep Gordon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:53 pm 
Dada God
Dada God

I would be interested to know when a final date for transmission on sky arts has been decided. Some of the other episodes have dates. Maybe I have missed the date for this one -any ideas? Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:12 pm 
Just call me "Chuck"!
Just call me "Chuck"!

recoop wrote:
I would be interested to know when a final date for transmission on sky arts has been decided. Some of the other episodes have dates. Maybe I have missed the date for this one -any ideas? Thanks

I've not sen a date yet

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:59 pm 
Trash
Trash

jram wrote:
More info on the Alice/Dali "Urban Myths" episode: http://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2017/11/2 ... cooper?rss

Noel Fielding as Alice,

Written by Jack Whitehall? He is doing pretty good for himself lately. New shows on Netflix, new comedy specials and now this.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:10 am 
Just call me "Chuck"!
Just call me "Chuck"!

StoopidMan wrote:
jram wrote:

Noel Fielding as Alice,

Written by Jack Whitehall? He is doing pretty good for himself lately. New shows on Netflix, new comedy specials and now this.

No, it says "written by Roger Drew and Ed Dyson".

Whitehall is in the Bowie/Bolan show, which is "written by Whitehall's regular collaborator Freddy Syborn".