Alice to play Herod in Jesus Christ, Superstar

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: SickThings, Devon, Si, Gorehound, Shoesalesman

Post Reply
User avatar
suziginajackson
Killer
Killer
Posts: 161
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:23 pm
Location: England

Alice to play Herod in Jesus Christ, Superstar

Post by suziginajackson » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:13 pm

According to his Twitter feed..."Excited to join the cast of @NBC’s #JesusChristSuperstar Live as King Herod! Get ready to rock out this Easter Sunday."

https://twitter.com/alicecooper/status/ ... 9800275973

With his love of camp show tunes, he should totally kill 'Herod's Song' (pardon the pun!)
People try to put us down
Just because we get around

User avatar
Si
Just call me "Chuck"!
Just call me "Chuck"!
Posts: 3372
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 5:47 am
Location: London
Contact:

Re: Alice to play Herod in Jesus Christ, Superstar

Post by Si » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:42 pm

suziginajackson wrote:According to his Twitter feed..."Excited to join the cast of @NBC’s #JesusChristSuperstar Live as King Herod! Get ready to rock out this Easter Sunday."

https://twitter.com/alicecooper/status/ ... 9800275973

With his love of camp show tunes, he should totally kill 'Herod's Song' (pardon the pun!)
Well, we already know he does as he already sang it years ago.
He's more info about the show:
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live- ... ve-1065763

Rhapsody of Fire
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby
Posts: 386
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:48 am

Re: Alice to play Herod in Jesus Christ, Superstar

Post by Rhapsody of Fire » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:54 pm

Here's the King Herod's song:

https://youtu.be/Z6NSVrXQfvc

User avatar
Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:47 pm
Location: 340 Sanitarium

Re: Alice to play Herod in Jesus Christ, Superstar

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:07 am

Another article & I'd be interested to learn how old the Photo T.V. Guide used that credits CBS actually is. Doesn't appear to be current. https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/alice ... li=BBnb2gh
I've Got The Answer To All Of Your Questions...

Rhapsody of Fire
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby
Posts: 386
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:48 am

Re: Alice to play Herod in Jesus Christ, Superstar

Post by Rhapsody of Fire » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:23 pm

Daggers & Contracts wrote:Another article & I'd be interested to learn how old the Photo T.V. Guide used that credits CBS actually is. Doesn't appear to be current. https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/alice ... li=BBnb2gh
You can find the picture at Getty Images. They cut the picture for the article, but you see Alice at a restaurant, on the full picture. Says Alice Cooper in Amsterdam. Looks like its from the seventies.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 5373
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: Alice to play Herod in Jesus Christ, Superstar

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:52 pm

From Daggers & Contracts:
"I'd be interested to learn how old the Photo T.V. Guide used"

It is from 1972 (during the "School's Out" tour).

User avatar
Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:47 pm
Location: 340 Sanitarium

Re: Alice to play Herod in Jesus Christ, Superstar

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:38 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:From Daggers & Contracts:
"I'd be interested to learn how old the Photo T.V. Guide used"

It is from 1972 (during the "School's Out" tour).
Thanks to all!
I thought that could be the time period of the photograph. :clap:
I've Got The Answer To All Of Your Questions...

Post Reply