Give it up for Dennis Dunaway!

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Give it up for Dennis Dunaway!

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:46 pm

Si wrote:Everybody who likes DD should check out 'Bones From The Yard' especially. Great album and features the original version of 'Runaway Train' (aka 'Subway')
Thanks Si,
What a Hard Drivin' Rock tune!! :clap: :clap:
I do catch a little of "Runaway Train" in it.
Here it it is & licensed through CdBaby (In The U.S.) So, I think it's O.K.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnHO_2HcvPg
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:04 am

As much as I love Dennis, I never cared for the album.

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:01 am

I found Bones From The Yard rather unspectacular. Has a couple of ok tunes but never really got me going. I don't think I have gone back to it after the initial flurry of listens.

jacknifejohnny
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by jacknifejohnny » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:26 pm

Loved that album, had it playing in my car regularly for a year or so. Thought it was superior to a lot of solo Alice albums.

I'm Pain
Killer
Killer

Post by I'm Pain » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:50 am

I hope Dennis and Alice continue to work together in some capacity - based on the strength of Fireball, and The Sound of A. While I'm not crazy about the new album as a whole, there are select tracks that are exceptionally well done. Dennis is associated with all the ones I like for some reason.

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Post by tuneylune » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:12 pm

Si wrote:Everybody who likes DD should check out 'Bones From The Yard' especially. Great album and features the original version of 'Runaway Train' (aka 'Subway')
That truly is a good LP! FIFTH AVENUE VAMPIRES was a little out there though...
"I need everything the world owes me..."

evil syd
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by evil syd » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:15 pm

Dennis Dunaway is also an amazing bassist! DD RULES!!!!!!!
DoCtOrS wAnT To ChEcK Me, PoKe Me, AnD DiSsEcT Me......

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:33 pm

Thanks to Si's advice years ago, I gave it a listen and loved it. Worth checking out if you haven't done so already.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

Devon
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by Devon » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:12 am

It's actually really decent. "Kandahar" is really cool!!

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:45 pm

While more of a fan of solo Alice than the original band material (though I love that as well), I thought Bones From the Yard was a terrific album.

MVS 1009
Trash
Trash

Post by MVS 1009 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:29 pm

Been over ten years since I lasted posted and I have to say that never has a week or day gone by when I have not visited to get my update on Alice news. The site continues to just get better and congratulations Si on a great website.

I am now 57 and so have a preference for the ACG era more than solo Alice. Never have 7 albums had such a profound effect on me than those first 7 ACG albums. Having said that there have been a few solo gems from Alice as well. Mind you over 40 years as a solo artist there certainly should have been but nothing as consistent as the ACG era. Just my own personal preference!

Which brings me to the subject matter and recent publicity concerning the original line up, since the Hall of Fame entrance I have been on the edge of my seat wondering if I would see a lifetime ambition of seeing the original group reform. Alas, not to be with the sad passing of Glen Buxton. However with recent recordings and the incredible news of the remaining original members to perform in the UK this year I am in my element and so excited.

Having read various books and certainly the recent book by Dennis I was pleasantly surprised to know the influence that he had on the character of Alice. Often the quiet member of the band he had what seems tremendous influence on the stage presence of the band and certainly the appearance of Alice and how he should be portrayed. Not only that Dennis is an incredible bass player and his partnership with Neal is second to none. I had the pleasure of meeting Dennis also and I can say what an incredibly friendly and warm guy he was and so down to earth. So yes I salute Dennis!

On a last note and if am allowed to 'dream' a little, to top of seeing ACG perform this year I would truly love to see an album done by them. I note from conversation on here that on recent albums, Alice encourages people to supply him with songs including the original band. From this I guess Alice and Bob choose the songs they deem acceptable and then possibly dilute and change arrangements. Thus becoming very much an 'Alice' record. My wish would be that the original guys get back into a studio with Bob and an album could be produced that truly reflects an ACG album just like the original production process. That would be the perfect conclusion should as I fully expect that there will never be a full reunion.

Apologies for going off subject slightly, and yes Dennis is great!!

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:20 am

MVS 1009 wrote: On a last note and if am allowed to 'dream' a little, to top of seeing ACG perform this year I would truly love to see an album done by them. I note from conversation on here that on recent albums, Alice encourages people to supply him with songs including the original band. From this I guess Alice and Bob choose the songs they deem acceptable and then possibly dilute and change arrangements. Thus becoming very much an 'Alice' record. My wish would be that the original guys get back into a studio with Bob and an album could be produced that truly reflects an ACG album just like the original production process. That would be the perfect conclusion should as I fully expect that there will never be a full reunion.

Apologies for going off subject slightly, and yes Dennis is great!!
Myself & (I believe) for the rest of the Sick Things, nothing would please us more - (other than Paranormal reaching #1)!
Bring 'em back & do a full album! :rock:
Shoot for the stars! The 5 of them (including BE) are more than capable of putting something fantastic together. :teach:
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...