ACG + ACB

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Si, Gorehound, SickThings, Devon, Shoesalesman

Post Reply
User avatar
padre_sliprat
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby
Posts: 451
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:40 pm

ACG + ACB

Post by padre_sliprat » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:38 am

I've noticed that lately the touring band has been called the Alice Cooper Band (on several occasions and on some promotional stuff), as opposed to the original Alice Cooper Group.

Just an observation. Carry on.
You're a notch
and I'm a legend.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 3487
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:25 am
Location: calif

Re: ACG + ACB

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:43 am

I observed it too and it threw me for a moment. I thought it was Si's doing. Is it an official line then? ACTB might be less confusing.

User avatar
padre_sliprat
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby
Posts: 451
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:40 pm

Re: ACG + ACB

Post by padre_sliprat » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:18 am

pitkin88 wrote:I observed it too and it threw me for a moment. I thought it was Si's doing. Is it an official line then? ACTB might be less confusing.
I've seen Nita use it recently.
You're a notch
and I'm a legend.

User avatar
Si
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 3401
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 5:47 am
Location: London
Contact:

Re: ACG + ACB

Post by Si » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:08 am

pitkin88 wrote:I observed it too and it threw me for a moment. I thought it was Si's doing. Is it an official line then? ACTB might be less confusing.
I just use whatever seems applicable at the time. I DO try and make the distinction between the original band and the current band to avoid confusion from people who don`t really read beyond the headline though, and as we've been referring to the original band as ACG ever since Hunters' original mailing list I avoid using the abbreviation for the current band. The current band themselves use 'Alice Cooper band' for their "solo" shows as well.
Unfortunately some on facebook etc have also used ACB to mean the original band so that confuses things again, but neither is really an official term to the best of my knowledge, so no real rules.

User avatar
recoop
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 1881
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:58 pm
Location: York, England

Re: ACG + ACB

Post by recoop » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:31 am

In the spirit of Monty Python's Holy Grail, I suggest that we call the touring band ACAS-Alice Cooper Autonomous Collective- this would share the abbreviation with the UK Mediation Service and that splendid recent album. Off to play Ubangi Stomp.
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby
Posts: 277
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:43 pm

Re: ACG + ACB

Post by Ted Sallis » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:20 pm

recoop wrote:In the spirit of Monty Python's Holy Grail, I suggest that we call the touring band ACAS-Alice Cooper Autonomous Collective- this would share the abbreviation with the UK Mediation Service and that splendid recent album. Off to play Ubangi Stomp.
Then the abbreviation should be ACAC. My thoughts: Alice Cooper (Original Group) and Alice Cooper (solo) are 2 different 'entities'. On one hand, the Original Group was comprised of equal shareholders in the band, while since Alice went solo his 'band' is not. On the other hand, other acts that are touring, recording, etc. are considered Groups even though not all of the Members are equal shareholders within, i.e. the Guns N Roses Reunion.

So it seems to come down to one's own perception, in my view.

Ted

P.S. I recently heard the song recoop is off to play for my 1st time. My condolences.

User avatar
NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 1906
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:49 am
Location: United States

Re: ACG + ACB

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:42 pm

I know the touring band has been using ACB/Alice Cooper Band pretty regularly since at least 2013.
http://acbandblog.tumblr.com/
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 3487
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:25 am
Location: calif

Re: ACG + ACB

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:51 pm

ACTB Alice Cooper Touring Band.

User avatar
recoop
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 1881
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:58 pm
Location: York, England

Re: ACG + ACB

Post by recoop » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:15 am

Ted Sallis wrote:
recoop wrote:In the spirit of Monty Python's Holy Grail, I suggest that we call the touring band ACAS-Alice Cooper Autonomous Collective- this would share the abbreviation with the UK Mediation Service and that splendid recent album. Off to play Ubangi Stomp.
Then the abbreviation should be ACAC. My thoughts: Alice Cooper (Original Group) and Alice Cooper (solo) are 2 different 'entities'. On one hand, the Original Group was comprised of equal shareholders in the band, while since Alice went solo his 'band' is not. On the other hand, other acts that are touring, recording, etc. are considered Groups even though not all of the Members are equal shareholders within, i.e. the Guns N Roses Reunion.

So it seems to come down to one's own perception, in my view.

Ted

P.S. I recently heard the song recoop is off to play for my 1st time. My condolences.
You are quite correct re ACAC - got over excited with the thought of playing Ubangi Stomp :)
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby
Posts: 277
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:43 pm

Re: ACG + ACB

Post by Ted Sallis » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:02 pm

recoop wrote:You are quite correct re ACAC - got over excited with the thought of playing Ubangi Stomp :)
That song has obviously cursed you.

Ted

User avatar
RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 2683
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:47 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: ACG + ACB

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:44 am

Does anyone remember the "Alice Cooper Entity"?
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

User avatar
recoop
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 1881
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:58 pm
Location: York, England

Re: ACG + ACB

Post by recoop » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:24 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:Does anyone remember the "Alice Cooper Entity"?
Go on-remind us or provide a link please lol
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

User avatar
RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 2683
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:47 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: ACG + ACB

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:31 pm

recoop wrote: Go on-remind us or provide a link please lol
Blast from the past:

http://www.sickthingsuk.co.uk/forums/vi ... ty#p182323
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

User avatar
padre_sliprat
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby
Posts: 451
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:40 pm

Re: ACG + ACB

Post by padre_sliprat » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:43 am

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
recoop wrote: Go on-remind us or provide a link please lol
Blast from the past:

http://www.sickthingsuk.co.uk/forums/vi ... ty#p182323
When you said 'blast from the past' I was hoping we were jumping in the Wayback Machine and going all the way back to Alice's Teeth. *insert can of worms emoji here*
You're a notch
and I'm a legend.

I'm Pain
Killer
Killer
Posts: 181
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:43 am

Re: ACG + ACB

Post by I'm Pain » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:19 am

He should give his touring band their own separate name. Many major artists do that.

Elvis Costello and the Attractions.
Prince and the Revolution.
Top Petty and the Heartbreakers.
Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings.
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds.
Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars.
Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch.

Alice and the Coopertones.. Something like that..

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 3487
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:25 am
Location: calif

Re: ACG + ACB

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:48 am

I'm Pain wrote:He should give his touring band their own separate name. Many major artists do that.

Elvis Costello and the Attractions.
Prince and the Revolution.
Top Petty and the Heartbreakers.
Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings.
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds.
Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars.
Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch.

Alice and the Coopertones.. Something like that..

That's not a bad idea.

User avatar
padre_sliprat
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby
Posts: 451
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:40 pm

Re: ACG + ACB

Post by padre_sliprat » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:43 am

AC y Los Cadáveres
You're a notch
and I'm a legend.

User avatar
RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 2683
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:47 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: ACG + ACB

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:02 pm

Alice Cooper and the Blood Suckers
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Post Reply