Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: New album sales
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:21 pm 
Offline
Killer
Killer

Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:50 pm
Posts: 226
Location: Easthampton Massachusetts, USA
I'm not seeing Alice on the billboard charts in the US. What am I missing ?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New album sales
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:47 pm 
Offline
Dada God
Dada God
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:17 pm
Posts: 764
He's still banned in the outer Hebrides! In fact they have a wicker man in his image!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New album sales
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:40 pm 
Offline
Dada God
Dada God

Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:25 am
Posts: 3425
Location: calif
dadascot wrote:
He's still banned in the outer Hebrides! In fact they have a wicker man in his image!



Now that I'd pay to see!!










_________________
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzbeFMpdVIA


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New album sales
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:48 pm 
Offline
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:42 pm
Posts: 411
Location: Tennessee
revinkevin wrote:
I'm not seeing Alice on the billboard charts in the US. What am I missing ?


I believe, if I am not mistaken, the official U.S.charts are announced to the public on Tuesdays. The record label apparently got the numbers early.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New album sales
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:53 pm 
Offline
Dada God
Dada God

Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:25 am
Posts: 3425
Location: calif
Has the album broken 15,000 in World sales yet?










_________________
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzbeFMpdVIA


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New album sales
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:10 pm 
Offline
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:03 am
Posts: 391
Location: California
cooperrocks wrote:
revinkevin wrote:
I'm not seeing Alice on the billboard charts in the US. What am I missing ?


I believe, if I am not mistaken, the official U.S.charts are announced to the public on Tuesdays. The record label apparently got the numbers early.


Yeah it will be updated Tomorrow and looking at that earmusic post it will be #32 unless something changed


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New album sales
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:30 pm 
Offline
Dada God
Dada God
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 10:58 pm
Posts: 1878
Location: York, England
Although conditioning has me interested in the US chart position, I really like the album whatever the position. Somehow this album has been made catchy and full of hooks. Reminds me of a music paper's review of a Macca single along the lines of " there are so many hooks on this record it makes your hands bleed when you pick it up". Perhaps Alice has called Paul for advice :)










_________________
You are an individual, just like everybody else.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New album sales
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:39 pm 
Offline
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:03 am
Posts: 391
Location: California
Officialy 32 in the USA and 17 canada


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New album sales
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:09 am 
Offline
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:35 am
Posts: 258
I honestly thought it would debut higher than 32. I'd bet that 32 will be its peak position since the entire industry has changed and it's rare to see an album "climb" the charts these days. I'm sure someone posted (and I missed) the USA sales. If I'm not mistaken, didn't W2MN debut in the top 20?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New album sales
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:04 am 
Offline
Dada God
Dada God
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:17 pm
Posts: 764
Mr.Bluelegs wrote:
I honestly thought it would debut higher than 32. I'd bet that 32 will be its peak position since the entire industry has changed and it's rare to see an album "climb" the charts these days. I'm sure someone posted (and I missed) the USA sales. If I'm not mistaken, didn't W2MN debut in the top 20?

I'm pretty sure w2mn went in at #22 in the USA


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New album sales
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:59 pm 
Offline
Dada God
Dada God

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:07 am
Posts: 1772
Although sales figures may be woeful (compared to the past), the charts do still act as a symbol of where an artist retains greatest popularity.

Top 10
Australia
Austria
Czech Republic
Finland
Germany
Sweden
UK

Top 20
Belgium
Canada
Greece
Norway

Top 30
The Netherlands

I would imagine the AC camp are rather disappointed by the US position.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New album sales
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:14 pm 
Offline
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:42 pm
Posts: 411
Location: Tennessee
My take is this on the Number 32 position in the United States (And this is speculation on my part). One, I don't think Number 32 is that bad, but I definitely expected around a 16-20 spot in the United States. Here is what stands out to me:

1) The first week, Paranormal sold very well (by today's standards) in terms of physical sales and for rock albums. One, it makes a statement on how many people are listening to and buying rock music and it also frankly says something about the age of many of us, lol (no disrespect intended). As Alice fans many of us went out and either bought the album in a store or through Amazon (where the album did well). But where Alice didn't do well is with the downloads, I-tunes, etc. That tells me most of us are old school and still like owning a physical product but we are in the minority in terms of the music buying (or stealing in the case of some people) public.
2) I do think it hurt that the album at least in my area was not available at places like Walmart or Target. I don't know how much of a difference that would make in terms of sales, but a lot of areas no longer have regular music stores and as hard as it is to believe, some people don't buy music through amazon or online at all.
3)I do wonder if perhaps releasing an actual music video would have helped a little as well. I am not sure how many people want to watch the lyric videos though I think Earmusic is doing a better job than any label Alice has been associated with in years.
4) I also think that perhaps if Alice and this isn't meant as a criticism, but if he had started pushing the album a little bit in terms of playing a new song before recently and giving some kind of mention about the upcoming album (at the time)may have helped.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New album sales
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:53 pm 
Offline
Trash
Trash

Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:17 pm
Posts: 46
I remember W2MN debuted at 22 and I think sold 22,000 the first week of sales. There was a lot of promotion with that one. I was at the Universal Halloween Horror Nights that year and they were playing cuts from the album on the escalators while Alice had prerecorded safety tips in between songs for the theme park lol

I don't remember as much emphasis on the ACG songs though. Hoping they do the pudding this year!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New album sales
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:51 am 
Offline
Dada God
Dada God

Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:25 am
Posts: 3425
Location: calif
VinceLeeRose wrote:
I remember W2MN debuted at 22 and I think sold 22,000 the first week of sales. There was a lot of promotion with that one. I was at the Universal Halloween Horror Nights that year and they were playing cuts from the album on the escalators while Alice had prerecorded safety tips in between songs for the theme park lol

I don't remember as much emphasis on the ACG songs though. Hoping they do the pudding this year!



The Alice maze was the best of the lot that year.










_________________
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzbeFMpdVIA


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New album sales
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:54 am 
Offline
Dada God
Dada God

Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:25 am
Posts: 3425
Location: calif
cooperrocks wrote:
My take is this on the Number 32 position in the United States (And this is speculation on my part). One, I don't think Number 32 is that bad, but I definitely expected around a 16-20 spot in the United States. Here is what stands out to me:

1) The first week, Paranormal sold very well (by today's standards) in terms of physical sales and for rock albums. One, it makes a statement on how many people are listening to and buying rock music and it also frankly says something about the age of many of us, lol (no disrespect intended). As Alice fans many of us went out and either bought the album in a store or through Amazon (where the album did well). But where Alice didn't do well is with the downloads, I-tunes, etc. That tells me most of us are old school and still like owning a physical product but we are in the minority in terms of the music buying (or stealing in the case of some people) public.
2) I do think it hurt that the album at least in my area was not available at places like Walmart or Target. I don't know how much of a difference that would make in terms of sales, but a lot of areas no longer have regular music stores and as hard as it is to believe, some people don't buy music through amazon or online at all.
3)I do wonder if perhaps releasing an actual music video would have helped a little as well. I am not sure how many people want to watch the lyric videos though I think Earmusic is doing a better job than any label Alice has been associated with in years.
4) I also think that perhaps if Alice and this isn't meant as a criticism, but if he had started pushing the album a little bit in terms of playing a new song before recently and giving some kind of mention about the upcoming album (at the time)may have helped.




I agree that Alice could make more of an effort pushing new product from the stage.










_________________
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzbeFMpdVIA


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New album sales
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:41 am 
Offline
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:34 am
Posts: 80
Somwhere In Auckland wrote:
Officialy 32 in the USA and 17 canada

Earmusic is saying #5 in Canada. Not sure which is right, but it would be great if that's true!

From their Facebook:

Quote:
Switzerland: #3
Canada: #5
Czech Republic: #7


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New album sales
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:42 am 
Offline
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:40 pm
Posts: 256
Location: Bastrop, Texas
I can only hear two songs from Paranormal which would fit in with the current style of his live presentation, namely, Paranormal (in a truncated version) and Paranoi(a)c Personality.

It's a good record, but, live is a whole 'nother animule. Time will tell.










_________________
Roll, Tide, roll!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New album sales
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:12 am 
Offline
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:22 pm
Posts: 84
Location: Glasgow
Canadian charts are showing 17 I'm afraid.

Strikes me that there is still a profile here in Europe and, if anything, that it is improving a bit. Also that it is easier to push an artist here e.g. through a few key radio slots.

Alice has been on Radio 2 in the UK at least three times, twice on the Chris Evans show which gets 9 million listeners! While it hasn't resulted in major sales people have certainly been made aware of an album, it certainly helped ticket sales for the shows and no doubt helped Paranormal and PP to both rack up over 300k YouTube views so far - maybe not sales but certainly folk are listening.

Ultimately, while the pitch is "I'm only making this for the fans" there will always be "and I've got one eye on attracting some more of them". This album sets him up to do that, albeit in an ageing market, and hopefully there can be some way of keeping profile up a little longer to give it a chance to shine.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New album sales
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:32 pm 
Offline
Dada God
Dada God

Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:25 am
Posts: 3425
Location: calif
padre_sliprat wrote:
I can only hear two songs from Paranormal which would fit in with the current style of his live presentation, namely, Paranormal (in a truncated version) and Paranoi(a)c Personality.

It's a good record, but, live is a whole 'nother animule. Time will tell.



Wait, you mean you can't see Alice tap dancing to Holy Water?










_________________
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzbeFMpdVIA


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New album sales
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:55 pm 
Offline
Dada God
Dada God

Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:08 pm
Posts: 900
pitkin88 wrote:
padre_sliprat wrote:
I can only hear two songs from Paranormal which would fit in with the current style of his live presentation, namely, Paranormal (in a truncated version) and Paranoi(a)c Personality.

It's a good record, but, live is a whole 'nother animule. Time will tell.



Wait, you mean you can't see Alice tap dancing to Holy Water?


maybe just a little soft shoe.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group



SickthingsUK is not associated with Alice Cooper, Alive Enterprises, Universal Records or any official entity.
This is an unofficial fan site.
I am NOT Alice Cooper, Toby Mamis OR Shep Gordon. Honest!
The SickthingsUK News Page and Site are copyright © 1997-2016; all rights reserved. Any duplication or reproduction of items on this page without permission is prohibited unless you provide a link please. Credits and acknowledgements are noted where known. No copyright infringement is intended.
I accept all news stories related to Alice Cooper; click here to contact me.
SickthingsUK is a participant in the Amazon Europe S.à r.l. Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk