Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:22 pm 
Offline
Killer
Killer

Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:43 pm
Posts: 247
padre_sliprat wrote:
Ted Sallis wrote:
Also, what does the fact that most of the lists in this thread contain only Alice solo songs tell you (and everyone else here)?

Ted


My tastes are not informed by others' choices. If I took your BLT, removed the bacon, and gave it back to you 'improved', I'd fully expect a punch in the nose.


Fair enough re. your tastes. And if you removed the bacon from my BLT and gave it back to me, you wouldn't receive a punch in the nose from me but I might thank you for giving me back a healthier sandwich ;-)

Ted


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:24 pm 
Offline
Killer
Killer

Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:43 pm
Posts: 247
Babysquid wrote:
pitkin88 wrote:
Babysquid wrote:
Ain't that just like a woman
Going to the river


The last two are not Alice.


Yes I know that!


Then they shouldn't be included, should they?

Ted


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:02 pm 
Offline
Dada God
Dada God
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 10:58 pm
Posts: 1878
Location: York, England
Si wrote:
Ubangi Stomp.
He should have been locked up for that one. Horrible.


The trouble is Ubangi Stomp keeps the company of Damned if you Do and No More Love in Your Public Convenience. Its a bit like a government releasing bad news on a day of other negative stories. Alice Cooper is my favourite artist/band but he (as in solo) has imho produced a few dreadful offerings. I would struggle to contain it to 10 but the 3 aforementioned would definitely break into my worst ten. The trouble is a song like No more Love could have been ok for a disco diva and Damned if You Do might have been ok given a growly Motorhead treatment(in my head anyway) but Ubangi does stinketh. Now, I think it is Salvation on ACAS that i dislike so much (don't mind most of that album).










_________________
You are an individual, just like everybody else.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:47 pm 
Offline
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:40 pm
Posts: 256
Location: Bastrop, Texas
Ted Sallis wrote:
padre_sliprat wrote:
Ted Sallis wrote:
Also, what does the fact that most of the lists in this thread contain only Alice solo songs tell you (and everyone else here)?

Ted


My tastes are not informed by others' choices. If I took your BLT, removed the bacon, and gave it back to you 'improved', I'd fully expect a punch in the nose.


Fair enough re. your tastes. And if you removed the bacon from my BLT and gave it back to me, you wouldn't receive a punch in the nose from me but I might thank you for giving me back a healthier sandwich ;-)

Ted


But - it's not my business to dictate your diet. Now, if you really don't want that bacon, slide it over here.










_________________
Roll, Tide, roll!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:53 pm 
Offline
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:40 pm
Posts: 256
Location: Bastrop, Texas
recoop wrote:
Si wrote:
Ubangi Stomp.
He should have been locked up for that one. Horrible.


The trouble is Ubangi Stomp keeps the company of Damned if you Do and No More Love in Your Public Convenience. Its a bit like a government releasing bad news on a day of other negative stories. Alice Cooper is my favourite artist/band but he (as in solo) has imho produced a few dreadful offerings. I would struggle to contain it to 10 but the 3 aforementioned would definitely break into my worst ten. The trouble is a song like No more Love could have been ok for a disco diva and Damned if You Do might have been ok given a growly Motorhead treatment(in my head anyway) but Ubangi does stinketh. Now, I think it is Salvation on ACAS that i dislike so much (don't mind most of that album).


Salvation is a deus ex machina - and a last minute thought to try and force a gruesome tale to jump in line with the writer's beliefs. That never works.










_________________
Roll, Tide, roll!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:48 pm 
Offline
Killer
Killer

Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:43 pm
Posts: 247
padre_sliprat wrote:
But - it's not my business to dictate your diet. Now, if you really don't want that bacon, slide it over here.


Well, I was just making an observation re. most of the choices of songs in this thread. And I do like bacon so hope you don't mind if I keep it.

Ted


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:17 pm 
Offline
Dada God
Dada God
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:54 am
Posts: 1206
Location: Sweden
padre_sliprat wrote:
recoop wrote:
Si wrote:
Ubangi Stomp.
He should have been locked up for that one. Horrible.


The trouble is Ubangi Stomp keeps the company of Damned if you Do and No More Love in Your Public Convenience. Its a bit like a government releasing bad news on a day of other negative stories. Alice Cooper is my favourite artist/band but he (as in solo) has imho produced a few dreadful offerings. I would struggle to contain it to 10 but the 3 aforementioned would definitely break into my worst ten. The trouble is a song like No more Love could have been ok for a disco diva and Damned if You Do might have been ok given a growly Motorhead treatment(in my head anyway) but Ubangi does stinketh. Now, I think it is Salvation on ACAS that i dislike so much (don't mind most of that album).


Salvation is a deus ex machina - and a last minute thought to try and force a gruesome tale to jump in line with the writer's beliefs. That never works.

It's interesting, for me Salvation works simply because it's followed by I am the Spider. It's basically "Maybe I should repent what I've done and ask for salvation? Nope, I'm still the Spider and I will go on killing."
Putting I'll Still Be There after Salvation also works for me.
(That said, Salvation is still a pretty boring song)










_________________
"You, sir, are a demented, sick, degenerate, barbaric, naughty freako."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:07 am 
Offline
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:40 pm
Posts: 256
Location: Bastrop, Texas
[/quote]Salvation is a deus ex machina - and a last minute thought to try and force a gruesome tale to jump in line with the writer's beliefs. That never works.

[/quote]
It's interesting, for me Salvation works simply because it's followed by I am the Spider. It's basically "Maybe I should repent what I've done and ask for salvation? Nope, I'm still the Spider and I will go on killing."
Putting I'll Still Be There after Salvation also works for me.
(That said, Salvation is still a pretty boring song)[/quote]

As a Christian myself, I see what you mean, but yes, it's probably the most half-baked placeholder in his entire catalog.










_________________
Roll, Tide, roll!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:44 pm 
Offline
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:39 pm
Posts: 14970
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
pitkin88 wrote:
Ten Of the worst please. Only one song per album.

1) Dragon Town: Deeper. Plod plod plod plod..


You're giving it too much credit.










_________________
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:23 pm 
Offline
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:38 pm
Posts: 269
At first I found it a bit of a strange idea for a fansite, to look for the ten worst songs , but reading all of the different choices, I must agree with several of them being "bad" or at least , not typical AC songs...
Like the song that didn't rhyme e.g. : funny text, nice tune, but not a song you'd expect on an AC album. But so was Mary Ann ( BDB)
Thrill my gorilla, Ubangi stomp on the other side : you just don't want them to be on any AC record :). For some others, I have more mercy :alice:
In the end , it's all subjective of course.










_________________
You really wouldn't understand..


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:03 pm 
Offline
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Posts: 351
Location: Ohio
I must be the only one who likes The Song That Didn't Rhyme.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:20 pm 
Offline
Killer
Killer

Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:59 pm
Posts: 172
Quote:
I must be the only one who likes The Song That Didn't Rhyme.


Its ok, but its a comedy B-side. nothing more. Shouldn't be on the album for sure (but then there was allot on the eyes that shouldn't be there, so.....)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:20 am 
Offline
Killer
Killer

Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:36 pm
Posts: 108
I really can't pick a top 10 Worst songs...For me,Being a fan since The Alice Cooper Show's release in 1977 I always bought his new album starting with From the Inside on the day or within a few weeks of its release. I'd always play the album over & over & of course there were tracks I may not have cared much for but still most stuck with me. However certain albums did not stick with my brain at all...

Trash- I liked songs on it like Trash, House Of Fire, & maybe I'm Your Gun (Poison...I never cared much for but it has grown on me the past 10 years or so)

Hey Stoopid - I like the title track, I Love Feed my Frankenstein, Might as Well be on Mars is okay but nothing else stuck with me at all

Last Temptation, Dragontown, Eyes of Alice Cooper, & ACAS all had some great songs on them but like the previous 2 I mentioned, most of these albums just didn't stick with me.

Lace & Whiskey did grow on me over the years but I'm still not crazy about the last few tunes & You & Me is a nice Beautiful song but that 5:10 version is way too long(I'm glad the single version was on the box set)...Off of Goes to Hell I didn't care for I'm Always Chasing Rainbows & I'm Going Home

No matter what... this new album is really etched in my brain after only a few days which is a good thing.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:33 am 
Offline
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:40 pm
Posts: 256
Location: Bastrop, Texas
rtbuck wrote:
I really can't pick a top 10 Worst songs...For me,Being a fan since The Alice Cooper Show's release in 1977 I always bought his new album starting with From the Inside on the day or within a few weeks of its release. I'd always play the album over & over & of course there were tracks I may not have cared much for but still most stuck with me. However certain albums did not stick with my brain at all...

Trash- I liked songs on it like Trash, House Of Fire, & maybe I'm Your Gun (Poison...I never cared much for but it has grown on me the past 10 years or so)

Hey Stoopid - I like the title track, I Love Feed my Frankenstein, Might as Well be on Mars is okay but nothing else stuck with me at all

Last Temptation, Dragontown, Eyes of Alice Cooper, & ACAS all had some great songs on them but like the previous 2 I mentioned, most of these albums just didn't stick with me.

Lace & Whiskey did grow on me over the years but I'm still not crazy about the last few tunes & You & Me is a nice Beautiful song but that 5:10 version is way too long(I'm glad the single version was on the box set)...Off of Goes to Hell I didn't care for I'm Always Chasing Rainbows & I'm Going Home

No matter what... this new album is really etched in my brain after only a few days which is a good thing.


Had you attended the 78 Tour, Lace and Whiskey would have taken on a different shade for you (maybe you did go). It was the best gig I've ever been to. Anyway, love 18 on TACS.










_________________
Roll, Tide, roll!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:29 pm 
Offline
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:43 pm
Posts: 80
Location: Chichester, England
Prologue/I Know Where You Live
Wake The Dead
Catch Me If You Can
(In Touch With) Your Feminine Side
Wrapped In Silk
Killed By Love
I'm Hungry
The One That Got Away
Salvation
I Am The Spider/Epilogue

:x :)










_________________
Neil Harrison.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:02 pm 
Offline
Dada God
Dada God
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:17 pm
Posts: 764
Feezle-Nuts wrote:
I must be the only one who likes The Song That Didn't Rhyme.

I really like this song.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:02 pm 
Offline
Killer
Killer

Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:36 pm
Posts: 108
padre_sliprat wrote:
rtbuck wrote:
I really can't pick a top 10 Worst songs...For me,Being a fan since The Alice Cooper Show's release in 1977 I always bought his new album starting with From the Inside on the day or within a few weeks of its release. I'd always play the album over & over & of course there were tracks I may not have cared much for but still most stuck with me. However certain albums did not stick with my brain at all...

Trash- I liked songs on it like Trash, House Of Fire, & maybe I'm Your Gun (Poison...I never cared much for but it has grown on me the past 10 years or so)

Hey Stoopid - I like the title track, I Love Feed my Frankenstein, Might as Well be on Mars is okay but nothing else stuck with me at all

Last Temptation, Dragontown, Eyes of Alice Cooper, & ACAS all had some great songs on them but like the previous 2 I mentioned, most of these albums just didn't stick with me.

Lace & Whiskey did grow on me over the years but I'm still not crazy about the last few tunes & You & Me is a nice Beautiful song but that 5:10 version is way too long(I'm glad the single version was on the box set)...Off of Goes to Hell I didn't care for I'm Always Chasing Rainbows & I'm Going Home

No matter what... this new album is really etched in my brain after only a few days which is a good thing.


Had you attended the 78 Tour, Lace and Whiskey would have taken on a different shade for you (maybe you did go). It was the best gig I've ever been to. Anyway, love 18 on TACS.


I would have loved to seen that tour because I do like the Alice Cooper Show(As I said in the past it was that version of I'm 18 that turned me into a Cooper fan(That was my first Cooper album & really the first time I listened to him) & I loved the King Biscuit Flour Hour show from Saginaw(I remember setting my portable cassette recorder next to the radio speaker for that one & man did that get a lot of listens!) . I always did like half the album especially It's Hot Tonight...It's those last 3 tunes that really kill it for me. When I first got it my favorite tracks were It's Hot Tonight, Road Rats, Ubangi Stomp,& I didn't mind the title track but as I said over the years the album did grow on me but I'm still not much into the final 3 tunes. By the way I didn't see Coop until the Special Forces tour


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:54 pm 
Offline
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:40 pm
Posts: 256
Location: Bastrop, Texas
rtbuck wrote:
I would have loved to seen that tour because I do like the Alice Cooper Show(As I said in the past it was that version of I'm 18 that turned me into a Cooper fan(That was my first Cooper album & really the first time I listened to him) & I loved the King Biscuit Flour Hour show from Saginaw(I remember setting my portable cassette recorder next to the radio speaker for that one & man did that get a lot of listens!) . I always did like half the album especially It's Hot Tonight...It's those last 3 tunes that really kill it for me. When I first got it my favorite tracks were It's Hot Tonight, Road Rats, Ubangi Stomp,& I didn't mind the title track but as I said over the years the album did grow on me but I'm still not much into the final 3 tunes. By the way I didn't see Coop until the Special Forces tour


My second show was Madhouse Rock ten months after the first gig. I've seen Brutal Planet, Dragontown, etc, and tons of other bands. NOne have come close to the '78 show. I didn't see Special Forces tour, but the footage I have seen is pretty cool. I love L&W and TACS.










_________________
Roll, Tide, roll!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:58 am 
Offline
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:09 pm
Posts: 339
I will be partaking in an Alice Cooper marathon over the next couple of weeks. I want to listen to every album from start to finish. Rate every song and every album.

One song I really dislike is Deeper. It's a horrible track. I never liked it when I first heard it and at no point of ever listening to that track again and again has it come across as actually that isn't that bad. Definitely the weakest track over the Brutal Planet/Dragontown era.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:30 am 
Offline
Dada God
Dada God

Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:25 am
Posts: 3425
Location: calif
padre_sliprat wrote:
rtbuck wrote:
I would have loved to seen that tour because I do like the Alice Cooper Show(As I said in the past it was that version of I'm 18 that turned me into a Cooper fan(That was my first Cooper album & really the first time I listened to him) & I loved the King Biscuit Flour Hour show from Saginaw(I remember setting my portable cassette recorder next to the radio speaker for that one & man did that get a lot of listens!) . I always did like half the album especially It's Hot Tonight...It's those last 3 tunes that really kill it for me. When I first got it my favorite tracks were It's Hot Tonight, Road Rats, Ubangi Stomp,& I didn't mind the title track but as I said over the years the album did grow on me but I'm still not much into the final 3 tunes. By the way I didn't see Coop until the Special Forces tour


My second show was Madhouse Rock ten months after the first gig. I've seen Brutal Planet, Dragontown, etc, and tons of other bands. NOne have come close to the '78 show. I didn't see Special Forces tour, but the footage I have seen is pretty cool. I love L&W and TACS.



Your first time is always the best.










_________________
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzbeFMpdVIA


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group



SickthingsUK is not associated with Alice Cooper, Alive Enterprises, Universal Records or any official entity.
This is an unofficial fan site.
I am NOT Alice Cooper, Toby Mamis OR Shep Gordon. Honest!
The SickthingsUK News Page and Site are copyright © 1997-2016; all rights reserved. Any duplication or reproduction of items on this page without permission is prohibited unless you provide a link please. Credits and acknowledgements are noted where known. No copyright infringement is intended.
I accept all news stories related to Alice Cooper; click here to contact me.
SickthingsUK is a participant in the Amazon Europe S.à r.l. Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk