Million Dollar Alice

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Million Dollar Alice

Post by Toronto Bob » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:50 pm

Major score for AC. Looks like this is one story that is legit. Could be $10M +. May not need to tour anymore

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:10 pm

Toronto Bob wrote:Major score for AC. Looks like this is one story that is legit. Could be $10M +. May not need to tour anymore
Like he's NEEDED to tour for the last decade plus?

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:22 pm

Too bad Warhol wasn't still alive. He could have done a still life of the crutch.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:08 am

mr.barlow wrote:Too bad Warhol wasn't still alive. He could have done a still life of the crutch.

Post of the day. :rock:

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:46 am

Si wrote:
Toronto Bob wrote:Major score for AC. Looks like this is one story that is legit. Could be $10M +. May not need to tour anymore
Cooper is multi multi millionaire.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:57 am

mestreech wrote:
Si wrote:
I think Alice Loves Touring Golf Courses! :alice:
If he can make a few dollars while in town why not????
He entertains & helps out the local economy wherever he Tours.
Did I forget to mention his Band & Roadcrew? They Rock!!! :rock:
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:41 am

mestreech wrote:
Si wrote:
Alice has been listed, I believe, as being worth 40m dollars on celebrity net worth site - this figure was quoted before the Motley Crue tour so this estimate could have escalated. Never sure with rock stars how rich they are but hope he can afford the security measures for that artwork. :rotfl:
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:43 am

What a strange coincidence that this story broke on the eve of the new album release...aye right!

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:38 pm

dadascot wrote:What a strange coincidence that this story broke on the eve of the new album release...aye right!
Shep Gordon is a genius in marketing.

TeresofBlood
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by TeresofBlood » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:47 pm

mestreech wrote:
dadascot wrote:What a strange coincidence that this story broke on the eve of the new album release...aye right!
Shep Gordon is a genius in marketing.
Yes! I have no doubt that you are both correct. It reminds me of the Hollywood Vampires popping up in the "Super Duper Alice Cooper" documentary. They were clearly setting the stage for the covers album, which didn't come out for another year.

Just to verify this, I went back and dug through the forums. One of the earliest reference to the Covers album was this article from March 2013, which stated that it would be an Alice Cooper album.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... m-20130313

The documentary premiered over a year later. Thanks to some killer PR they managed to create a "band" with a 40 year old backstory and stage a tour around it. Pure genius.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:01 pm

Si wrote:
Privy to his bank account? On the other hand his albums from the past 20 years sound like a guy with nothing on the line, so who knows. Maybe he likes the time away from home

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:42 pm

Toronto Bob wrote:
Si wrote:
Toronto Bob wrote:May not need to tour anymore
Privy to his bank account?
Of course not. But it's pretty obviously that Alice isn`t hurting for money now, and could live comfortably without touring if he so wished, just on the yearly royalties from everything.
Toronto Bob wrote: On the other hand his albums from the past 20 years sound like a guy with nothing on the line, so who knows. Maybe he likes the time away from home
Exactly. He's said it any times. He enjoys traveling and performing live. If he didn`t I'm pretty sure he wouldn`t do it 6-8 months every year, playing everywhere he can. Even when he isn`t touring he seems to rarely be at home, with all the golf events, recording and other stuff he does. I would guess that's probably one of the main reasons Sheryl retired and now travels with him everywhere, along with the kids no longer living at home, because if she didn`t she would rarely see him.
Sure, there are other factors I'm sure (there is a whole support staff behind him who rely on the work every year for a start), but he doesn`t HAVE to do it anymore. He does it because he wants to not because he really has to, and who wouldn`t want to be in that position?