One week to PARANORMAL!!

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Keith1980
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

One week to PARANORMAL!!

Post by Keith1980 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:02 pm

A week from today ill have my copie. 2 cds 1 t shirt i cant wait. In hour of the new album im starting with PFY aNd working my way up to W2MN. Im excited by the new song paranoic personality.

Anyone else want to do this with me?

Anyone got something else planned for the new album??

TeresofBlood
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: One week to PARANORMAL!!

Post by TeresofBlood » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:28 pm

I'm right there with you. My record player has been sitting in a box since I moved 3 years ago. I finally set it back up and recalibrated it in anticipation for this release. I've been listening to my Alice vinyl collection backwards and will continue to do so until the release.

1) W2MN, which sounds so much more natural and less over-produced on vinyl. Alice's voice sits more gently in the mix than on the CD, which is absolutely brick-walled.
2) Hollywood Vampires, which still sounds overstuffed, brick-walled, and free from nuance on vinyl.
3) Along Came a Spider, which sounds slightly less ear-grating on vinyl, but that doesn't save the music.
4) Last Temptation, which sounds great in the new Anniversary blue vinyl format.

In continuing to work backwards, I've got Trash, RYFAY, Constrictor, Dada, Special Forces, Zipper Catches Skin, Flush the Fashion, From the Inside, Lace & Whiskey, AC Goes To Hell, Welcome to my Nightmare, Muscle of Love, B$B, School's Out, Killer, Love it to Death, Easy Action, and Pretties for You to look forward to!

Spiner202
Killer
Killer

Post by Spiner202 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:34 am

I'm doing a huge Alice review feature for my webzine and am hoping to post the whole thing the night before. So far I've reviewed 22 of 26 albums (just finished Dragontown tonight).

Sadly I don't anticipate getting the album on release day. Amazon has no idea when my order is shipping, and there are very few CD stores in my area :(

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:50 am

Are you near a Best Buy?
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

Spiner202
Killer
Killer

Post by Spiner202 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:54 am

NotSoPerfect wrote:Are you near a Best Buy?
I am, but Best Buy in Canada is a whole different game compared to the US. Very unlikely they'll be stocking it, although I will check. I can probably drive about 40 minutes to a Sunrise Records, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they also don't have it.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:03 am

Spiner202 wrote:
I am, but Best Buy in Canada is a whole different game compared to the US. Very unlikely they'll be stocking it, although I will check. I can probably drive about 40 minutes to a Sunrise Records, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they also don't have it.
Why not call them first?

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:55 am

Spiner202 wrote:
As far as Best Buy...
Not sure how it works in Canada but you can order on-line with a ship to store feature (saving postage) or if they have it in stock pick it up within hours. Tried it & it works in U.S. They will send confirmation e-mail when ready but it will also bang your Credit Card right away!
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by James1981 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:00 am

I'm resisting the urge to check out any of the leaks so I can wait to listen to my vinyl copy next week while having a few beers. Hoping I can last another week without giving in to temptation.
Boomshanka

homerx
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by homerx » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:13 am

I've got the Record and the CD coming in the mail. The CD version comes with a MP3 download at midnight.
I've already done a Alice Cooper marathon on digital this year. I will likely marathon the records over the next few days.

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:44 pm

Pre-ordered both the 2 cd/shirt combo and the vinyl from Amazon and paid the extra shipping to ensure they are at my place next Friday....can't wait to blast Paranormal poolside :)
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

andyrew
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by andyrew » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:28 pm

Does anyone know if the cd/tshirt combo comes with an MP3 download? It doesn't list that it does on the amazon.ca website.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:32 pm

andyrew wrote:Does anyone know if the cd/tshirt combo comes with an MP3 download? It doesn't list that it does on the amazon.ca website.
I believe it does on the UK version so I can`t see why it wouldn`t on other Amazons. It's standard practice now isn`t it?

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:09 pm

Supper excited - me and my mate have a listening party scheduled for Friday night. until then we have both stayed away from all singles,teasers and what not.
Its gonna be epic

Keith1980
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Keith1980 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:53 pm

Day 2. Just got thru Schools Out. Working my way daily to Paranormal on friday hehe.

For some reason i can get into PFY but not so much with EA or SO. SO more so then EA.

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:58 pm

Can't wait Preordered a copy and then I am going to buy a copy this coming Friday as well. I like to purchase two copies and share one with family members or buddies of mine that are hard rock fans. Many have become Cooper fans doing it that way.

Keith1980
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Keith1980 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:11 am

I preordered the box set when it became available. Supose to ship wednesday and be here friday. :evil: Cant wait!! Really cant wait for the nightmare this september 8th :clap:

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:25 am

cooperrocks wrote:Can't wait Preordered a copy and then I am going to buy a copy this coming Friday as well. I like to purchase two copies and share one with family members or buddies of mine that are hard rock fans. Many have become Cooper fans doing it that way.
I've pre-ordered the box set (not to play) and will end up ordering the vinyl. On release date I'll be buying two standard albums. One for me to use, abuse and overplay. The other for my girlfriend. I took her to first Alice show (against her wishes) and she loved it! Her music taste is questionable but I'll vow to buy her every new Alice album that is released. She never says no when I ask her if she wants to see Alice in concert. :clap:

Spiner202
Killer
Killer

Post by Spiner202 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:12 pm

I was just on the phone with Amazon Canada to complain about two other pre-orders not coming on time (new Wintersun and Orden Ogan came out last Friday; they're not planning on showing up for a while), and they told me they already have copies of Paranormal in stock, and mine is shipping today and will be here tomorrow. I don't really believe them, but I will be very excited if that's the case!

Keith1980
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Keith1980 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:01 pm

Day 3 just got thru wtmn. I start my run listening to paranoic personality and end my run with it. I really cant wait lol :alice:

Tomarrow gth-fti. Getting closer

:alice:

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:17 pm

Keith1980 wrote:I preordered the box set when it became available. Supose to ship wednesday and be here friday. :evil: Cant wait!! Really cant wait for the nightmare this september 8th :clap:
Are you like me and secretly hoping it turns up Thursday? haha.