For all the American friends of the site

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Gorehound, SickThings, Devon, Si, Shoesalesman

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 3485
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:25 am
Location: calif

Re: For all the American friends of the site

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:49 pm

I hear he is well known in Arizona.

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby
Posts: 353
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:09 pm

Re: For all the American friends of the site

Post by bigbradwolf » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:52 am

jacknifejohnny wrote:You goin' to The Spurs / PSG game Brad ?
No but I'm slightly gutted now you have mentioned that...I head home Friday. As a Wolves fan I would have probably tried to get tickets anyway and didn't realise they were playing here. I have noticed that Orlando Citys B team are playing at their new stadium tomorrow which is slightly tempting.

jacknifejohnny
Killer
Killer
Posts: 240
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:44 pm
Location: florida, u.s.a.

Re: For all the American friends of the site

Post by jacknifejohnny » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:13 pm

Ah, The Black Country, big club Woles, would love to see them back in the top league. Spurs fan meself, had a season ticket before I came over to Tampa 24 years ago. Shame your going back Fri, got 1 spare ticket for the PSG game........long live the Coop

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 1367
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:34 pm
Location: Long Beach, California
Contact:

Re: For all the American friends of the site

Post by GailsFriend » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:55 pm

I don't know. Popularity for Alice has waned over the years in accordance with exposure. Metal and Rock had more exposure in the 80's and thus, more popularity. This is all subjective....all I can do is try to influence my friends the best way I know how....by forcing it down their throats.

For example: my friend's birthday is coming up: what should I get him for a gift? a) an Alice T-shirt for $30 or b) the entire Alice Cooper Studio Album collection from 1969-1983 box set for $50?

Clearly, my friend needs to have Alice Cooper in his empty, sad little life. I would delightfully shove all of Alice Cooper's albums down his throat for $50.....it's at least a start, because he knows so little. This education will help him become a better person.
"What part of DEAD don't you get?"

User avatar
scotty
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 1312
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:50 am
Location: US,ohio
Contact:

Re: For all the American friends of the site

Post by scotty » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:53 pm

never had anyone ask me who coop was and I mention him all over. what does drive me nuts is people are starting to associate him with nothing but "schools out" like he (they) were a one hit wonder.

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby
Posts: 353
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:09 pm

Re: For all the American friends of the site

Post by bigbradwolf » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:13 pm

jacknifejohnny wrote:Ah, The Black Country, big club Woles, would love to see them back in the top league. Spurs fan meself, had a season ticket before I came over to Tampa 24 years ago. Shame your going back Fri, got 1 spare ticket for the PSG game........long live the Coop
It's about time we got back up to the top flight...typical Wolves though.
If I'd have been here I'd have snapped your hand off for the Spurs ticket. For some reason I like Spurs, even though you beat us in that UEFA cup final in the 70s. Prefer Spurs to those Gooners! Went to the Lane a couple of times to watch us clash. Great ground and looking forward to the new stadium- looks impressive.

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby
Posts: 353
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:09 pm

Re: For all the American friends of the site

Post by bigbradwolf » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:16 pm

GailsFriend wrote:I don't know. Popularity for Alice has waned over the years in accordance with exposure. Metal and Rock had more exposure in the 80's and thus, more popularity. This is also subjective....all I can do is try to influence my friends the best way I know how....by forcing it down their throats.

For example: my friend's birthday is coming up: what should I get him for a gift? a) an Alice T-shirt for $30 or b) the entire Alice Cooper Studio Album collection from 1969-1983 box set for $50?

Clearly, my friend needs to have Alice Cooper in his empty, sad little life. I would delightfully shove all of Alice Cooper's albums down his throat for $50.....it's at least a start, because he knows so little. This education will help him become a better person.
I'm a firm believer that you shouldn't force music upon someone and it's a strange one. For me Alice is an artist that you either get or you don't get. At the same time because Alice's music touches several genres I'm a firm believer that everybody will like at least one Alice Cooper song.

I'm Pain
Killer
Killer
Posts: 181
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:43 am

Re: For all the American friends of the site

Post by I'm Pain » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:24 pm

You really don't hear much Coop on the radio unless it's topical - for whatever reason. In June, you'll hear School's Out. During the last Election - I heard Elected a few times. I never hear Poison. Even when it was big, it just wasn't played much (Poison). However, when he does a show in the area - the fans come out big in support. I'm in the Chicago area.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 3485
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:25 am
Location: calif

Re: For all the American friends of the site

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:40 pm

With sales of the new album breaking records maybe a free Alice tattoo with a ' Do You Know Who This Man Is? " slogan could be released. We could wear it and ask sales clerks, gas station attendants, moms doing their shopping etc. I bet you could get out of a traffic ticket once you flash that at a cop.

mr.barlow
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 917
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:08 pm

Re: For all the American friends of the site

Post by mr.barlow » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:21 pm

pitkin88 wrote:With sales of the new album breaking records maybe a free Alice tattoo with a ' Do You Know Who This Man Is? " slogan could be released. We could wear it and ask sales clerks, gas station attendants, moms doing their shopping etc. I bet you could get out of a traffic ticket once you flash that at a cop.
I bet a lot of them would think it's Tiny Tim.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 3485
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:25 am
Location: calif

Re: For all the American friends of the site

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:24 pm

mr.barlow wrote:
pitkin88 wrote:With sales of the new album breaking records maybe a free Alice tattoo with a ' Do You Know Who This Man Is? " slogan could be released. We could wear it and ask sales clerks, gas station attendants, moms doing their shopping etc. I bet you could get out of a traffic ticket once you flash that at a cop.
I bet a lot of them would think it's Tiny Tim.


Separated at birth.

darkmenace
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby
Posts: 486
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:44 pm

Re: For all the American friends of the site

Post by darkmenace » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:44 pm

You may not hear Alice on the radio much but he is still pretty well known. You can thank Wayne's World for that as well as School's Out. Plus if a person has ever "seen" him anywhere (social media) he is so distinctive he is hard to forget.

Problem is he is easily dismissed as a heavy metal caricature in the absence of more info.

User avatar
Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 1103
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:47 pm
Location: 340 Sanitarium

Re: For all the American friends of the site

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:58 am

pitkin88 wrote:
mr.barlow wrote:
pitkin88 wrote:With sales of the new album breaking records maybe a free Alice tattoo with a ' Do You Know Who This Man Is? " slogan could be released. We could wear it and ask sales clerks, gas station attendants, moms doing their shopping etc. I bet you could get out of a traffic ticket once you flash that at a cop.
I bet a lot of them would think it's Tiny Tim.


Separated at birth.
What a promotional wizard you are!! :clap: :clap: Why aren't you on A.C.'s payroll??
P.S. T.T. has been dead for over 10 yrs. RIP :(
I've Got The Answer To All Of Your Questions...

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 1367
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:34 pm
Location: Long Beach, California
Contact:

Re: For all the American friends of the site

Post by GailsFriend » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:02 am

Personally, I find it offensive that there is a "Garth Brooks" station and a "Guns N Roses" station on XM/Sirius Radio....but, not "Alice Cooper".....with 27 albums, you would think there is enough material to share with the world.
"What part of DEAD don't you get?"

Post Reply