More tracks to hear...

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Re: More tracks to hear...

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:17 pm

guttertrash wrote:Pitkin, maybe what RemarkablyInsincere was meaning is that it is predictable, because Alice's best stuff has pretty much always been recorded with the ACG.

Ha!! Who knows maybe he's saying I'm predictable.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:57 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
guttertrash wrote:Pitkin, maybe what RemarkablyInsincere was meaning is that it is predictable, because Alice's best stuff has pretty much always been recorded with the ACG.

That took you a while haha

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:30 am

Si wrote:
pitkin88 wrote:

That took you a while haha

well he's a hard one to figure out.

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:19 pm

Are you seriously suggesting that ACG track is one of their best? Really?

Can't you swallow your pride just once and admit that it's not that brilliant?

revinkevin
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by revinkevin » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:48 pm

Have heard 2 good and one bad. Still waiting for brilliant.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:36 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote:Are you seriously suggesting that ACG track is one of their best? Really?

Are you addressing me? Where did I say it was one of their best or that it is brilliant?

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:40 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
While Heaven Wept wrote:Are you seriously suggesting that ACG track is one of their best? Really?

Are you addressing me? Where did I say it was one of their best or that it is brilliant?
I suspect it was in reference to this post.
pitkin88 wrote:The ACG song is one of the catchiest songs he/they ever recorded.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:14 pm

Just because a song is catchy doesn't mean it is brilliant or that it is even any good. I'm not quite sure why that would be difficult to understand.
This song sticks in your mind after just two listens. It is full of hooks and I think it is a lot better than the other two nore ( predictable ) songs we have heard. To say that it is not catchy is just stupid.

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:22 pm

pitkin88 wrote:Just because a song is catchy doesn't mean it is brilliant or that it is even any good. I'm not quite sure why that would be difficult to understand.
This song sticks in your mind after just two listens. It is full of hooks and I think it is a lot better than the other two nore ( predictable ) songs we have heard. To say that it is not catchy is just stupid.
Well I agree that Genuine American Girl is very catchy...but I also feel that Paranoiac Personality is catchy too...ultimately a person who says that Alice Cooper's songs/albums etc are brilliant even if it someone says otherwise, at the end of the day, it is that persons opinion to feel that way...as someone who has been a fan of the Coop since I was a kid, I can easily say I like Alice's mid 80s to present material better than the older material but that is my opinion...Paranormal has hooked me so far and I can't wait to hear the rest as I am sure it will be another great effort....
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:04 pm

pitkin88 wrote:

I'm not a fan of the song, because I dislike the poppy, vocal surf style that it borrows heavily from (although it is a step up from the faux-surf/pop-punk of Ghouls Gone Wild), but unlike the other two songs that are grating and a chore for me to listen too, the chorus hook and the songs groove do stick which I think was Pitkin's point.
Last edited by guttertrash on Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:47 pm

pitkin88 wrote:Just because a song is catchy doesn't mean it is brilliant or that it is even any good. I'm not quite sure why that would be difficult to understand.
VD is catchy but it's not good at all!

Somwhere In Auckland
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Somwhere In Auckland » Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:39 am

I think Genuine American Girl is evidence the chemistry that once was there is now long gone, if that was the best they could do i'm not surprised they didnt do a full album together and the band tracks are simply bonus cuts

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:51 am

Somwhere In Auckland wrote:I think Genuine American Girl is evidence the chemistry that once was there is now long gone, if that was the best they could do i'm not surprised they didnt do a full album together and the band tracks are simply bonus cuts

I feel the opposite way. You should also remember Alice totally changed the direction and the lyrics of the song that they brought him. Alice also seems to be very proud of his lyrics too. He was cracking up on that interview. It will be interesting to see how the band haters react to I've Fallen which is not a band song as that appears to be another of Alice's comedy stylings.

I am starting to wonder if the metal heads just cant cope with him switching gear and straying from the anvil. Did you hate the ACG collaborations on WTMN2 as well?

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:18 am

Wondering what Alicefan thinks of the two tracks.

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:32 am

I already replied about this read my response about the 2 new tracks on page 2.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:04 pm

I couldn't hear the tracks because of limited access, having being abroad the last few days! I did have access to all the comments and was dreading the worst. Having now heard them both a couple of times I think both new tracks are really good, bearing in mind that it is a snippet and playing on my iPad. I'm ready surprised at the level of some of the negativity from some on here....ok maybe I'm not really that surprised! We all realise (well most of us) that it is all subjective but the title track has a power about it, and actually sounds the way I believe paranoic personality should have sounded. I love all American...it has the ACG humour, it has swing and is good rock and roll fun. The early comment about neals drumming is just bizarre! The drums on this track is superb! That isn't subjective that is fact! Now I'm really looking forward to the album! Much more than after hearin the single!

Pitta
Killer
Killer

Post by Pitta » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:36 pm

Where's my make-up, where's my face ?

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:23 pm

from the snippets Rats and You And All Your Friends stand out along with maybe Fireball. The A song sounds a bit too close to PF but is at least a departure from the metal. The clunkers are the two funky songs.

VinceLeeRose
Killer
Killer

Post by VinceLeeRose » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:46 pm

Pitta wrote:https://m.exlibris.ch/de/musik/cd/coope ... 9759121466

30 second samples from every song

:blush: ::((: :/

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:02 pm

I think this sounds more like "Lace & Whiskey" than "Killer". Yeesh.

To be fair, these are 30 second clips and I need to hear the album in full.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."