More tracks to hear...

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: More tracks to hear...

Post by Saint&Sinner » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:44 pm

I’m quite disappointed there isn’t the token Alice Cooper ballad also (I’ll wait for the haven’t we got enough comments).
That, right there is a win for me :evil: The last ballad I liked from alice was last temptation!

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:46 pm

Be grateful the great man is not only here but he’s making music and touring. The epitome of a legend! A man who when I listen to his music helps me to get away from the stresses and troubles of life!
Here! Here!
Work will not be seeing me for a couple of days when the inevitable happens I know that. The guy is a superstar and his music always makes me feel better despite any of the worlds real life problems.

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:50 pm

bigbradwolf wrote: Private Public Breakdown
9/10
I didn’t like this on first listen but it’s growing on me, even with the overplayed riff. Really like the 70’s glam rock vibe. The rating has gone up with every listen and is close to Holy Water as my favourite track.

You and All Your Friends
8/10
Probably more from what I was expecting from the original band members. I wouldn’t be surprised to see this in the original band set come the UK tour.
Just from the 30 second snippets, these were instantly my favorites. They'd make a great single.
"He's old, the snake's got gray hair..."

Jumping Jack
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jumping Jack » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:04 pm

Have the song writing credits been published yet? Which ones did Tommy get credits with? Rats???
Caffeine! Caffeine!
Amphetamine
A little speed is all I need
Caffeine! Caffeine!

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:42 pm

Jumping Jack wrote:Have the song writing credits been published yet?
Not that I've seen yet

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:29 pm

The two tracks (on the main album) that are most reminiscent of the original Alice Cooper Group sound are "Fireball" and "The Sound Of A", which are the two songs co-written with Dennis Dunaway. Both are quite excellent, with "The Story Of A" in particular a highlight of the album. Very atmospheric and creepy!

Saw the above at SHTV.

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:07 am

for me Paranoic Personality is the lead track on the album.

I hated the clip of Genuine American Girl, but having let the tracks just roll I found I quite liked it and could feel the group before I realised it was the track I thought i disliked.
It is more classic Alice than the rest of the album imo.

Not so keen on YAAOYF.
If Alice could reunite with the band for a full album, get the band feeling of Gen Am Girl and they could come up with An album with the The Sound of A, Paranoic Personality, Fireball and Paranormal then we would have a return to form again imo. Instead we have the next best thing so rock on and enjoy some new Alice music for what it is

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:23 am

I've listened to it a handful of times, and it became more and more of a chore each time. The Sound Of A is the only song that has grown on me, while I have found issues with the other songs to the point that I can't get through them at all. The heavy borrowing makes me feel like it should have been a Hollywood Vampires work. Definitely glad that I cancelled my pre-order after Paranoiac came out, because nothing changed my mind at all.

Paranormal - disjointed. sounds like half a song with an instrumental section added to fill space.

Dead Flies - Straight-up Hendrix ripoff. Awful fat strat tone and the drums borrow heavily from Machine Gun.

Fireball - Vocal effect is unneeded and terrible. Production is muddy. Song doesn't really go anywhere. Borrows heavily from both Blue Oyster Cult and Deep Purple whose song Fireball was fantastic.

Paranoiac Personality - Plods along with nothing much to offer, and the strat solo grates my nerves.

Fallen In Love - We knew this one borrowed heavily from ZZ Top. Larry Mullen's drumming craps the bed bad here. The style he is going for is tough, and he sounds like he is struggling to keep up and it has no groove or roll. Billy Gibbons spectacular tone is trumped by him not having much creativity these days.

Dynamite Road - Copperhead Road meets The Devil Went Down To Georgia. Probably the two worst songs from those songs creators. Neither one of them should have ever been used as a basis for a new song.

Private Public Breakdown - I don't know what to say about this one. It's got a 70s glam/glitter rock sound, and I like the vibe, but it seems a bit overly simplistic and never catches fire or gets interesting. Not bad...just boring and too polished.

Holy Water - As trite and miserable as Disgraceland.

Rats - Guitar rock with the guitars lost in the compression and heavy handed digital production. Makes me think of Rats In The Cellar without any of the grit.

The Sound Of A - Definitely a heavy Pink Floyd vibe. As Pitkin said, it has an ACG element to it also that starts coming through with more listens. It's the only song that has grown on me.

Genuine American Girl - Vocals are just so high in the mix with an overall muddy production, and the vocal surf elements just make me dislike it more and more with each listen.

You And All Your Friends - I love the slide guitar solo in it, but the song is absolutely ruined with the modern vocal effects and slick production. Absolutely shameful, because there is a great song in there, but it sounds like Ezrin tried to turn it into a pop/punk song.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:08 am

This is the first time in many years that I have liked so many songs on an album. Usually I like about an eps worth but this time I like 8 out of the 12. I am glad I liked Fireball and The Sound of A before I knew Dennis co wrote them so no one van accuse me of favouring the ACG related songs.

The Sound of A aounds like it could have came from MOL. Great song though I have no idea what A is. Anarchy?

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:29 am

I also feel like The Sound Of A could have fit in on MOL.

TeresofBlood
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by TeresofBlood » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:54 am

pitkin88 wrote:This is the first time in many years that I have liked so many songs on an album. Usually I like about an eps worth but this time I like 8 out of the 12. I am glad I liked Fireball and The Sound of A before I knew Dennis co wrote them so no one van accuse me of favouring the ACG related songs.

The Sound of A aounds like it could have came from MOL. Great song though I have no idea what A is. Anarchy?
Fireball and the Sound of A are definitely 2 of my favorites. I hear both I Love the Dead and Woman Machine in the Sound of A.

In terms of what it's about, I think it's the actual sound of the letter A. Every line has an A sound in some way. "The Sound of A is under ground." The u is actually an A sound. This is true throughout the song.

"It will crawl into your brain and remain. Yeah yeah yeah." A makes 3 different sounds in this line.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:59 am

pitkin88 wrote:This is the first time in many years that I have liked so many songs on an album. Usually I like about an eps worth but this time I like 8 out of the 12. I am glad I liked Fireball and The Sound of A before I knew Dennis co wrote them so no one van accuse me of favouring the ACG related songs.

I don`t know, but kinda thought of it was "Alice". It was his first song, so maybe that's why.

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:28 am

pitkin88 wrote:The two tracks (on the main album) that are most reminiscent of the original Alice Cooper Group sound are "Fireball" and "The Sound Of A", which are the two songs co-written with Dennis Dunaway. Both are quite excellent, with "The Story Of A" in particular a highlight of the album. Very atmospheric and creepy!

Saw the above at SHTV.
It's all opinions I know but I'm really struggling to hear any resemblance to The Alice Cooper Group on Fireball. I don't think it's a bad song, the vocal effects really put me off the song