Different tracklisting on the vinyl album Paranormal

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

nurofeg
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Re: Different tracklisting on the vinyl album Paranormal

Post by nurofeg » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:43 pm

Read my post I will pay with paypal immediatly. So im hot honest man because i have "only" 34 posts?
Surfing, like surfing. I'm looked and I'm searching.
I've fallen out right into the net!

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:05 pm

nurofeg wrote:Read my post I will pay with paypal immediatly. So im hot honest man because i have "only" 34 posts?

I did read your post and offered you some good advice whether you take it is up to you. No one knows if you are honest or not as you are new here. You have no reputation here. You are asking people who dont know you to go out of their way to help you and you want them to use their own cash in advance with no guarantee of getting their money back.

There was a member here who wanted a pretty expensive box set ask if someone could get it and mark the packaging gift to avoid hefty customs charges. I did this for them on the condition they pay me for the box set in advance which they did.

nurofeg
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by nurofeg » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:43 pm

I'm joing to this forum at Feb 18, 2006, and read it almost everyday, just don't have nothing to write, because there is too many AC experts here.

And yes, I'm helping peoples, searching for Croatian newpapaers, etc, and send to them in all European countries.

I already write to some of my UK friends, and I hope that somebody will help me.

If I will find some new and interesting information about prices, postage and others I will write here.

Regards
Surfing, like surfing. I'm looked and I'm searching.
I've fallen out right into the net!

Somwhere In Auckland
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Somwhere In Auckland » Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:45 am

guttertrash wrote:Something else to think about is that colored vinyl is not as durable and as long lasting as black vinyl. Black vinyl has carbon added to it to harden the pvc, so that the grooves do not deteriorate as quickly (this is why carbon black records have been the industry standard), so colored vinyl is not as hard which can lead to easier warping during shipping due to inclimate temperatures and will cause quicker groove degradation which leads to pops and surface noise than with black vinyl. 45 RPM vinyls tend to wear out even faster also, because the average stylus lays in the groove differently, so the colored vinyl due to being softer than normal will experience even worse degradation if the stylus is not geared towards 45RPM playing.

That's why the colored vinyl are more for collectors and shouldnt really be played.

TeresofBlood
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by TeresofBlood » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:29 am

It looks like the vinyl does indeed have a different track list. The two ACG tracks are listed as part of the main album on side 4. Not sure if anyone has seen or posted this.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com ... SX522_.jpg

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:03 am

Somwhere In Auckland wrote:
guttertrash wrote:Something else to think about is that colored vinyl is not as durable and as long lasting as black vinyl. Black vinyl has carbon added to it to harden the pvc, so that the grooves do not deteriorate as quickly (this is why carbon black records have been the industry standard), so colored vinyl is not as hard which can lead to easier warping during shipping due to inclimate temperatures and will cause quicker groove degradation which leads to pops and surface noise than with black vinyl. 45 RPM vinyls tend to wear out even faster also, because the average stylus lays in the groove differently, so the colored vinyl due to being softer than normal will experience even worse degradation if the stylus is not geared towards 45RPM playing.

That's why the colored vinyl are more for collectors and shouldnt really be played.
Most people do not know this about vinyl though, and I run across quite a few artists that have released their vinyl only on color wax, especially smaller bands that come through without the means to make two batches of albums. ACAS even came out on the clear wax only. Many people actually prefer clear wax, because it is actually the best sounding, because it has no additives, but sadly it is the weakest.

Somwhere In Auckland
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Somwhere In Auckland » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:47 pm

andyrew
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by andyrew » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:07 am

Question about the overall track listing...the vinyl has the 2 songs recorded with the original band within it. From what anyone has heard so far, should the two songs from the original band go before The Sound of A like it is on the vinyl? Or should they remain after it? I intend on keeping the live part of the album separate from the actual album and want to get the best possible experience when hearing it from start to finish. I know it's not a concept album anyway, but from what I heard from the samples, The Sound of A and You and All Your Friends would both work well as closing songs to the album, but which would have more impact?

Somwhere In Auckland
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Somwhere In Auckland » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:33 am

Check the link i posted above only 10 songs on the vinyl

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by James1981 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:57 am

There's 12 songs on the link you posted.
Boomshanka

Somwhere In Auckland
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Somwhere In Auckland » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:55 am

Yeah my bad, 2 ACG tracks come before sound of A

TeresofBlood
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by TeresofBlood » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:19 pm

I've been listening to it both ways. The shorter version is lightning quick and leaves you wanting more (in a good way) but You and All your Friends is a perfect penultimate track, thematically and sound-wise. Genuine American Girl goes on a bit long so when the album ends, you are ready for it. The long version might be a more satisfying experience overall, but the 2 ACG songs really don't fit the rest of the album.

Ultimately I'm thankful that the ACG tracks are on the vinyl, though I see myself ripping my vinyl and recreating the shorter version, so I can listen both ways. Kind of fitting for an album on which Alice has 2 heads.