When will there be a Paranormal album review

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Re: When will there be a Paranormal album review

Post by killer wolf » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:12 am

Curious about the AZ Central article; is that the first time Alice has dropped a swear word in an interview?
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:10 am

killer wolf wrote:Curious about the AZ Central article; is that the first time Alice has dropped a swear word in an interview?
I noticed in a recent interview video that he isn't name-dropping and re-hashing the same old stories as much. He seems to be leveling off into almost regular-guy-ville. I've waited a long time for that.
"He's old, the snake's got gray hair..."

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:39 pm

"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:19 pm

Quick, someone send Austin Powers back in time to find Bob Ezrin's mojo, because he's clearly lost it.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:22 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:Quick, someone send Austin Powers back in time to find Bob Ezrin's mojo, because he's clearly lost it.

So you don't like the production or the album?

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:58 pm

pitkin88 wrote: So you don't like the production or the album?
I think this album is better than W2MN, but I do think it's far from a cohesive work and similar to W2MN in that respect. That coupled with some forgettable HV tunes, and I'm starting to think that maybe Alice would be better served with some younger talent in the producers chair.

Or better yet, how about stop buying and paying for ideas/songs from people that have little affiliation with Alice. Is it going to sound like Alice when you bring in someone I've never heard of named Tommy Denander for his ideas and then make them the basis of the album? From the article I read, it sure sounded like that's what happened.

On the other hand, the two ACG songs, "Genuine American Girl" and "You and All of Your Friends" sound more like genuine honest to goodness Alice Cooper songs than anything else on the album (happy Pitkin?)

Maybe it's time for Alice, Michael, Dennis and Neal to go and write a full album by themselves and see what they can come up with because I have a feeling it'll be more honest and satisfying than the last two.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:19 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
I think this album is better than W2MN, but I do think it's far from a cohesive work and similar to W2MN in that respect. That coupled with some forgettable HV tunes, and I'm starting to think that maybe Alice would be better served with some younger talent in the producers chair.

Or better yet, how about stop buying and paying for ideas/songs from people that have little affiliation with Alice. Is it going to sound like Alice when you bring in someone I've never heard of named Tommy Denander for his ideas and then make them the basis of the album? From the article I read, it sure sounded like that's what happened.

On the other hand, the two ACG songs, "Genuine American Girl" and "You and All of Your Friends" sound more like genuine honest to goodness Alice Cooper songs than anything else on the album (happy Pitkin?)

Maybe it's time for Alice, Michael, Dennis and Neal to go and write a full album by themselves and see what they can come up with because I have a feeling it'll be more honest and satisfying than the last two.

Yes that makes me happy. I find Ezrins production to be very muddy on quite a few tracks but the album to be a lot better than I expected. There is only one track that is unlistenable and that is Holy Water. I think the album title is a bit mis-leading as some people might have been expexting something creepy and on the whole it's a lot more fun than that.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:34 pm

pitkin88 wrote: Yes that makes me happy. I find Ezrins production to be very muddy on quite a few tracks but the album to be a lot better than I expected. There is only one track that is unlistenable and that is Holy Water. I think the album title is a bit mis-leading as some people might have been expexting something creepy and on the whole it's a lot more fun than that.
You like that Hendrix ripoff "Dead Flies"?

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:48 pm

I gardly know any Hendrix just can't get into him. Anyway here are my thoughts on all the tracks:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9469

I'm surprised no one has commented on Dennis co writing w Alice. Fireball, The Sound of A plus the two ACG tracks are all really good. Who knows maybe we will see one last band album.

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:02 pm

I wholeheartedly agree with RemarkablyInsincere.

concolz
Dada God
Dada God

Post by concolz » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:29 pm

Positive review in the latest Mojo; also a big interview article. AC trots out the usual blarney & 'misrememberings', but has a couple of things to say about the 'blackout' albums that I'd not heard before.

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:55 pm

Here is a glowing review of Paranormal

https://www.rocksins.com/reviews/alice- ... mal-31861/

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:58 pm

Initial first listen to the album..... it's ok.

I find the lack of theme slightly troubling. I suppose you could say the same about TEOAC however the theme of that record was in the stripped back, garage rock sound which I really digged. This one feels like a bit of a patchwork.

Production wise, it's all a little on the overly polished side for me. The drums and guitars feel like they've been compressed and pushed a little too far.

Vocally and lyrically the album is very good. There are some really nice moments and some nice thought has been put in to the arrangements, although they don't always work. Paranormal could have been a fantastic track if they hadn't had messed around with the tempos so much and simply let the song breathe a bit more.

darkmenace
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by darkmenace » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:51 pm

Not a review but the latest issue of our local entertainment magazine features the new Alice album among new releases and provided info about the album. I was pleasantly surprised although I cringed seeing the album cover yet again. For people who say album art doesn't matter, just the music, they are clueless to the impact on potential casual buyers.

Alice is getting some good attention for this release and the Andy Warhol story doesn't hurt, bet Shep timed that, he's still got his promotional skills.

Catweazle
Trash
Trash

Post by Catweazle » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:29 am

There's a great 7 out of 10 star review on plattentests.de:
https://www.plattentests.de/rezi.php?show=14346 (it's in German)
Very interesting because normally those guys wouldn't touch anything with the name Alice Cooper on it.

patrick
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by patrick » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:14 pm

https://wallofsoundau.com/2017/07/27/al ... um-review/

don't know if this was posted already, but here he's getting 9/10 !
you really wouldn't understand..

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:56 pm

http://volumemagazine.net/music/alice-c ... aranormal/

This one raved about the album and gave it a 8.5 out of 10....

I'm Pain
Killer
Killer

Post by I'm Pain » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:56 pm

guttertrash wrote:

I wholeheartedly agree with RemarkablyInsincere.
By having so many artists with their talents being utilized in so many ways - you get a bit of a mish mash. It's okay though - the album came together kind of nice even if it sounds a bit processed in parts.. However, consistency is something Alice hasn't had in awhile. I'd certainly welcome an ACG band written, and performed album.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:35 pm

Agreed and who knows. The work here and mini live show bodes well.

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:34 am

http://www.ghostcultmag.com/album-revie ... -earmusic/

in short, it's a positive review......8/10
"What part of DEAD don't you get?"