The Many Faces Of Alice Cooper box set

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

jram
Killer
Killer

The Many Faces Of Alice Cooper box set

Post by jram » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:56 am

Searching doesn't throw up any references to this, that I could see... Pre-orders, for a release mid-July.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0714KHBYN/

"...including material from both the original band members and Alice as solo artist, as well as highlighting their most iconic repertoire. The Many Faces Of Alice Cooper is a truly exceptional album, especially for those of you who considers yourself a rock music lover. Also remember that it is not available on Streaming platforms. The Many Faces Of Alice Cooper digs deep into the band's story and compiles for the first time in one single album, the works of the members of Alice Cooper after the breakup, in addition to paying homage to their impressive repertoire. We started with Michael Bruce, who was the lead songwriter of the group, who penned hits like Caught In A Dream and Be My Lover. Michael recorded his debut solo album with a who's who list of guest musicians, including Alice Cooper himself, who puts his voice on As Rock Rolls One, which we presented in our Many Faces along with two other songs from that album: the magnificent version of Friday On My Mind (the Easybeats' classic, who was also recorded by David Bowie and Peter Frampton back then) and King Of America. Neal Smith was one of the most spectacular drummers of the 70s, with his long hair and massive drums (he once competed with Keith Moon about who had the most tom toms on his drum kit) became a legendary figure. His debut album, Platinum God was also recorded in 1975 (at the same time as Michael Bruce's and Welcome to My Nightmare by Alice), and in it, both Dennis Dunaway and Michael Bruce were guests artists. As we can hear in the four fantastic songs that we included in our Many Faces, where Neal also sings. Dennis and Neal also teamed up with Blue Oyster Cult's Joe Bouchard to release two albums as a trio. In The Many Faces, we include them performing excellent versions of four Alice Cooper classics: the aforementioned Caught In A Dream and School's Out, along with Under My Wheels and the mysterious Black Ju-Ju. In 1989 Dennis and Neal also joined forces for the Deadringer project and they released the album Electrocution Of The Heart, from where we include the song Double Talk. To close this captivating chapter, we have the luxury of feature two songs from Killsmith, Neal Smith' most recent project, where he gets into an evil rock with a sound close to punk rock. On CD 2 of The Many Faces we present Alice Cooper on her first solo tour, featuring several tracks from his then-new album Welcome To My Nightmare as well as versions of the band's hits, some of them with very interesting new arrangements. Finally, on CD 3 of The Many Faces we include most of the greatest Alice Cooper songs, both solo and as a band, in versions by artists that you can tell by their performances that are true devoted fans."

Disc: 1
1. As Rock Rolls On - Michael Bruce Feat. Alice Cooper
2. Rock N'roll Radio - Neal Smith Feat. Dennis Dunaway
3. Caught In A Dream - Bouchard, Dunaway & Smith
4. Double Talk - Deadringer (Denis Dunaway & Neal Smith)
5. Maneater Deadly To Her Prey - Neal Smith Feat. Dennis Dunaway
6. Friday On My Mind - Michael Bruce
7. Under My Wheels - Bouchard, Dunaway & Smith
8. How Do You Bleed - Killsmith (Neal Smith's Band)
9. King Of America - Michael Bruce
10. Baby, Please Don't Stop - Neal Smith Feat. Dennis Dunaway & Michael Bruce
11. School's Out - Bouchard, Dunaway & Smith
12. Everyday Is A Holiday - Neal Smith Feat. Dennis Dunaway
13. Sexual Savior - Killsmith (Neal Smith's Band)
14. Black Ju-ju - Bouchard, Dunaway & Smith

Disc: 2
1. Billion Dollar Babies - Alice Cooper
2. I'm Eighteen - Alice Cooper
3. Under My Wheels - Alice Cooper
4. No More Mr.nice Guy - Alice Cooper
5. Escape - Alice Cooper
6. Only Women Bleed - Alice Cooper
7. Is It My Body - Alice Cooper
8. Cold Ethyl - Alice Cooper
9. Steven - Alice Cooper
10. The Black Widow - Alice Cooper
11. Department Of Youth - Alice Cooper
12. School's Out - Alice Cooper

Disc: 3
1. School's Out - Joel Hoakstra, Derrick Lefevre, Richard Kendrick & Kurtis E. Phlush
2. Billion Dollar Babies - Fierce Atmospheres
3. Hello Hooray - Berzon
4. Hey Stoopid - Kelly Keeling, Marko Pukkila, Sven Wannas,simmo Pirttimaa, Vesa Saarikoski & The Heether
5. Go To Hell - Quatermoc
6. Is It My Body - Vid Payne
7. Halo Of Flies - The Alice Cooper Experience
8. Nobody Likes Me - Erling Solem
9. Only Women Bleed - Alice In Cooperland
10. Be My Lover - Charlie Bonnet Iii
11. He's Back (The Man Behind The Mask) - 5th Avenue Vampires
12. Spirit Rebellious - Sinful Lilly
13. Pain - Richard Kendrick & Kurtis E. Phlush
14. Clones (We're All) - Manuri & Al Solo

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Re: The Many Faces Of Alice Cooper box set

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:27 am

What an odd release. Grey area or bootleg I am guessing.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:31 am

I already asked about this release and they do NOT have permission to release at least some, if not all, of the material on the first disc. Someone behind the release did ask, but never received permission from the copyright holder. The recordings here would have to be simply copied from either downloads or the original CDs as they don`t have access to the original tapes.

The second disc is marked as a WTMN show but obviously isn't and is likely from one or more of the frequently bootlegged radio shows, and as such they also don't have authorization from AC/Shep to release that either (but they could have licensed the material as so many others appear to have done).

The remaining tracks on disc 3 appear to be taken from various tribute discs so no idea if they have received permission for those.

VinceRaven
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by VinceRaven » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:50 pm

"On CD 2 of The Many Faces we present Alice Cooper on her first solo tour"

Nice

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:57 pm

I smell an injunction coming!!! :headcutoff:

If anyone is thinking about Pre-Ordering this set, I hope that they will also get a refund promptly & w/o hassle.
Good luck - it still could happen but, Buyer Beware!!! :nono:
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:07 am

Daggers & Contracts wrote:I smell an injunction coming!!! :headcutoff:

If anyone is thinking about Pre-Ordering this set, I hope that they will also get a refund promptly & w/o hassle.
Good luck - it still could happen but, Buyer Beware!!! :nono:

Not going to happen. It is not worth the hassle.

JoeyBananagoose
Trash
Trash

Post by JoeyBananagoose » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:21 am

I think one copy of the song Sexual Saviour is enough to more than fulfill even the most diehard of fan's needs tbh.

Spettro
Trash
Trash

Post by Spettro » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:52 pm

Completely lost me at KillSmith. In no way, shape, or form do I want to revisit that....whatever he was going for at the time. :evil:

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:07 pm

Killsmith.
I appreciate his effort, but man alive, there is not enough windows to enable us to open them and let the smell out.
Terrible, terrible effort.