Paranormal selling good?

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Keith1980
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Paranormal selling good?

Post by Keith1980 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:12 am

Right now on amazon it is ranked 279. I guess thats not bad considering its not been released yet.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Paranormal selling good?

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:16 am

279 out of what? Is 279 good? Speak to me Keith.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:19 am

I would think that Alice & Co probably had set sales expectations in mind when making the album. Alice has made no secret that he is keenly aware that times have changed and he is making albums basically for his fans. I'm sure they are happy to meet those modest estimates and if they surpass them it would be a nice surprise.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:59 am

I really hope it cracks the hot 200 before its release.

JoeyBananagoose
Trash
Trash

Post by JoeyBananagoose » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:04 am

279 isn't bad at all considering how far away the release still is. Seems like a small label are doing a pretty good job about getting the word out.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:27 am

pitkin88 wrote:279 out of what? Is 279 good? Speak to me Keith.
Amazon tracks how well every album in it's "primary" catalogue is selling at any given time. It's updated hourly. I don`t think they state how many total items are included in the 'primary catalogue' but going by the numbers you sometimes see it could be in the 100 thousands. I'm also not sure if the number is site specific (ie different for .co.uk, .com, .fr etc) or all regional Amazons added together ie worldwide Amazon sales.

So with 6ish weeks to go before the actual release 'Paranormal' is the 279th best selling album on Amazon, which isn`t bad, but at this point only really tells us it's selling okay on pre-orders. The number becomes more significant the closer it gets to the release date as many people including diehard fans (including me) probably haven`t pre-ordered yet.
In the end it basically shows how well the album is selling on Amazon only, but as Amazon is one of the biggest retailers of music nowadays you can use the figure to gauge how successful an album is when it's released compared to other albums. I would expect to see it in the top 30-40 come July 28th if not higher.

I don't keep records of the information but seem to remember that W2MN at one point hit a pretty high number, maybe in the top ten, but as the album was released in an unusual way (the classic rock pack didn't count as album sales) the figures didn't tell the whole story.

Because the number is updated hourly an album's position can fluctuate a great deal depending on what is happening at the time. For example a major TV appearance or advert/feature in a newly published magazine could be expected to bump the number up quite quickly. A lack of promotion and it would go down. The aim I should think is to keep the publicity going, keeping the number rising until it peaks on the release date.

Keith1980
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Keith1980 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:14 pm

I her dalice say recently hes kot looking for a new audience with his records. I would love to see a huge surprise and paranormal hits number 1 and goes crazy for him. Everyone on here should post all over the new album and links to buy it wherever sites u go to. Lets get the word out for this album and make it his biggest seller!!

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Ted Sallis » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:14 pm

Keith1980 wrote:I her dalice say recently hes kot looking for a new audience with his records. I would love to see a huge surprise and paranormal hits number 1 and goes crazy for him. Everyone on here should post all over the new album and links to buy it wherever sites u go to. Lets get the word out for this album and make it his biggest seller!!
Well I think everyone should wait until the album is released and they can buy and listen to it in it's entirety first, then decide if they want to help promote it based on how much they like the album and can recommend it.

Ted

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:00 pm

I'll wait & not pre - order because you generally get a "Sale" price from a local retailer to boost sales & give it a better spot! :rock:
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...