Paranormal Personality - the first single

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: Paranormal Personality - the first single

Post by guttertrash » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:13 pm

I agree that Alice is trying to compete and continues to try to stay in the current realm. I disagree that it is impossible to make a classic sounding album. I posted videos of current bands that totally sound like they came from the 70s just to show that you can still produce that kind of album. Styx just released a new album that sounds like it came from their late 70s period. If Alice wanted to truly make a classic sounding album, it can be done, but I don't think that is a desire, and I am fine with that...I'm just not going to be happy when all the promoting hype is about it being a sound that it isn't. Let people listen and make up their minds instead of trying to pull a rock n' roll bait and switch.

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:22 pm

I'm just not going to be happy when all the promoting hype is about it being a sound that it isn't
The only "promotional hype" about the sound of the album i have seen is an alice interview where he mentions wanting to get back to that "killer" kind of vibe.
I may have missed some of the stuff but i havent seen anything where he says it sounds like a 70s album or not. what i read was him going for a vibe, that can be interpreted many different ways, obviously but lets reserve judgement and see what he comes out with.

The "under the bed" issue, i agree its a classic song which is possibly my fave on the album (on my MP3 player i placed it after "the nightmare returns" and it fits like a glove.) i don't get why it wasn't included on the album proper, but we got the song anyway so im happy :)
I get peoples reasoning for saying W2MN is more G2H than anything and i agree but it doesn't matter to me as i love the songs (mostly)
Alice has never wanted to be limited in what he could sound like, in the original group or later. I applaud him for that and i look forward to hearing what delights he has in store.

I think cooperrocks made some very salient points, well put mate.

JoeyBananagoose
Trash
Trash

Post by JoeyBananagoose » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:21 am

killer wolf wrote:
JoeyBananagoose wrote:If Alice or Bob think 'Under The Bed' lyrically fits the theme of Welcome To My Nightmare less than 'What Baby Wants', one or both of them have gone senile. It's a piss-poor excuse.
it's absolutely true. something living under the bed didn't fit the rest of the storyline of a guy dreaming about being taken to Hell.
So you don't think of Hell and the Devil as being down there/below you?

And you don't do your dreaming in bed?

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:34 am

Hell isn't under my bed. the things under his bed weren't dreamt.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

Maaki
Killer
Killer

Post by Maaki » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:47 am

Good post, cooperrocks! :clap:

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:15 pm

killer wolf wrote:Hell isn't under my bed. the things under his bed weren't dreamt.
So the things under his bed are real and ate his cat? I personally feel like he is recognizing that he has slipped into a recurring lucid nightmare. I have done this many times before, and while I'm dreaming, I will tell myself this is a dream.

The only reason it doesn't fit the concept is because they apparently decided to make a silly album and not a dark one.

firstmanonmars
Trash
Trash

Post by firstmanonmars » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:59 pm

I have noticed that the vinyl single can be pre-ordered now here in Sweden. I've read somewhere that it'll be white and (probably not...) 12"

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:05 pm

firstmanonmars wrote:I have noticed that the vinyl single can be pre-ordered now here in Sweden. I've read somewhere that it'll be white and (probably not...) 12"
There's reports of both a black and a red version from differing outlets.

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:17 pm

Has it been said where we can pre-order the single vinyl? I thought the press release said July? Will it be through AliceCooper.com or earMusic's site or amazon?
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:20 pm

AlongCameASpider27 wrote:Has it been said where we can pre-order the single vinyl? I thought the press release said July? Will it be through AliceCooper.com or earMusic's site or amazon?
HAven`t seen anything about that yet.

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:43 am

Anybody think Coop will drop the single into his setlist soon?
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

Somwhere In Auckland
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Somwhere In Auckland » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:23 pm

Nuclear Blast have the Paranoiac personality 7" single on white LP for a release date of July 14.

http://www.nuclearblast.de/en/products/ ... ality.html

There will also be a red LP of Paranormal which is supposed to be limited to 2000 copies

http://www.nuclearblast.de/en/products/ ... ormal.html

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:00 am

Somwhere In Auckland wrote:Nuclear Blast have the Paranoiac personality 7" single on white LP for a release date of July 14.

There will also be a red LP of Paranormal which is supposed to be limited to 2000 copies

It lists it as an ep.

Somwhere In Auckland
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Somwhere In Auckland » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:14 am

pitkin88 wrote:
Somwhere In Auckland wrote:Nuclear Blast have the Paranoiac personality 7" single on white LP for a release date of July 14.

It lists it as an ep.

That would be correct ;)

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:45 am

AlongCameASpider27 wrote:Anybody think Coop will drop the single into his setlist soon?
I was listening to an interview of Alice Cooper by a fan on YouTube the other day from Finland the interviewer and they asked Alice how many new songs will be played in European tour in summer 2017 and he said "Paranoic Personality" and "Fallen In Love " (one w/ZZ Top Guitarist ) at least on this run for now.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:49 am

AliceFan wrote:
AlongCameASpider27 wrote:Anybody think Coop will drop the single into his setlist soon?
I was listening to an interview of Alice Cooper by a fan on YouTube the other day from Finland the interviewer and they asked Alice how many new songs will be played in European tour in summer 2017 and he said "Paranoic Personality" and "Fallen In Love " (one w/ZZ Top Guitarist ) at least on this run for now.

Which is exactly the amount of songs people here were telling you he would play.

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:56 am

pitkin88 wrote:
AliceFan wrote:

Which is exactly the amount of songs people here were telling you he would play.
Thanks but ,pitkin I was actually responding to alongcameaspider27's question when the new single will drop in the setlist, ok

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:59 am

Yes that's ok but my comment was hardly off topic concerning your five new songs.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:03 pm

You are getting a 5 euro coupon is you join their mailinglist although I still don't have it.

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:52 am

Still listening to this regularly and it's stuck at a 7/10 for me. Solid and very listenable.