Paranormal Personality - the first single

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Devon
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Re: Paranormal Personality - the first single

Post by Devon » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:52 am

Nights with Alice Cooper Facebook page posted a clue of the new single and it seems the decoded "Faster" clip that has floated around is from the new single, "Everybody's got something hiding.." etc.

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:38 pm

Will be good to hear some new material tomorrow

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:38 pm

rgallie wrote:Will be good to hear some new material tomorrow
Yes but the general public won't get to hear it till I'm guessing Friday the 9th when it's gets released .. Or you think Si will have it available for it for us tomorrow after NWAC is over or on Friday you think? ?

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:59 pm

AliceFan wrote:
Yes but the general public won't get to hear it till I'm guessing Friday the 9th when it's gets released .. Or you think Si will have it available for it for us tomorrow after NWAC is over or on Friday you think? ?
As Soon As There Is A Link That Has Been Posted Here Or There :HEART:
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:08 am

AliceFan wrote:
Unless there is an official video or it's up legally somewhere (radio stream/spotify etc) I obviously can't post it.

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:14 am

Si wrote:
AliceFan wrote:
Unless there is an official video or it's up legally somewhere (radio stream/spotify etc) I obviously can't post it.
But even though you won't have it available it will be available somewhere online via blabbermouth.net or bravewords.com or alicecooper.com probably one of those websites will have it to listen to on Friday?

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:24 am

AliceFan wrote: But even though you won't have it available it will be available somewhere online via blabbermouth.net or bravewords.com or alicecooper.com probably one of those websites will have it to listen to on Friday?
They will report it I'm sure, as soon as they have an official source to use, as will I.
If you are really SO desperate to hear it a few hours early then try listening to NWAC tonight. Going by the NWAC twitter feed yesterday he may be playing it at some point tonight. Or maybe not haha. Would have to listen to find out :)

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:36 am

Si wrote:
AliceFan wrote: But even though you won't have it available it will be available somewhere online via blabbermouth.net or bravewords.com or alicecooper.com probably one of those websites will have it to listen to on Friday?
They will report it I'm sure, as soon as they have an official source to use, as will I.
If you are really SO desperate to hear it a few hours early then try listening to NWAC tonight. Going by the NWAC twitter feed yesterday he may be playing it at some point tonight. Or maybe not haha. Would have to listen to find out :)
I'll just wait 2 days more,waited 6 yrs for new Alice music what is 2 days more?

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:29 pm

loving the sound on the new track...was asked to compare it and I'd probably say it sits alongside Along Came A Spider more than W2MN, only very much better produced. What's peoples thoughts?

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:27 pm

VERY COOL SONG. Lots to love about it. Thanks for linking us, Si! I depend on this site to bring the goods, and you never fail. Americans, at this moment, we seem to be limited to the Chris Evans clip on the front page of this site. (Find the song at the 1:56:30 mark.) That boy does talk a lot. Anyway, I am thoroughly digging this song! Lots of fun changes, and very much an Alice Cooper song. I am going to buy the hell out of this release.
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:31 pm

"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:31 pm

OH MY GOSH!!!!!! I LOVE THE NEW SONG!!! (although I hate Chris talking in the middle of it!!) but, WOW! WHAT A GROOVY.....AND I DO MEAN, G-R-O-O-V-Y SONG.....THE BASS LINE JUST DRIVES THIS SONG INTO YOUR HEAD. GREAT CHORUS. I LOVE THE MENTION OF "VICIOUS RUMOURS" IN THE LYRICS....CLEVER.....ALL PRAISE ALICE COOPER!

GREAT
GREAT
GREAT....SERIOUSLY.....I AM NOT KIDDING.
"What part of DEAD don't you get?"

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:43 pm

GailsFriend wrote:OH MY GOSH!!!!!! I LOVE THE NEW SONG!!! (although I hate Chris talking in the middle of it!!) but, WOW! WHAT A GROOVY.....AND I DO MEAN, G-R-O-O-V-Y SONG.....THE BASS LINE JUST DRIVES THIS SONG INTO YOUR HEAD. GREAT CHORUS. I LOVE THE MENTION OF "VICIOUS RUMOURS" IN THE LYRICS....CLEVER.....ALL PRAISE ALICE COOPER!

GREAT
GREAT
GREAT....SERIOUSLY.....I AM NOT KIDDING.
Indeed! Great is certainly the word for this. Alice sounds so fresh and strong. Such great music, too. Not just a great Alice Cooper song, but a great classic rock song all together. See? GREAT GREAT GREAT...! I defy anyone to trash this song.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:54 pm

Dannorama wrote: Indeed! Great is certainly the word for this. Alice sounds so fresh and strong. Such great music, too. Not just a great Alice Cooper song, but a great classic rock song all together. See? GREAT GREAT GREAT...! I defy anyone to trash this song.
Keep it in your pants dude. Live with it for a bit before you declare it the greatest thing ever.

Is the original band on this song? Dennis' bass lines are usually prominent so it has me wondering.

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:59 pm

Definitely not Neal's drumming style.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:01 pm

After a few listens, I think it's a strong song. Not ready to declare it the best song ever though :rotfl:

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:18 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:After a few listens, I think it's a strong song. Not ready to declare it the best song ever though :rotfl:
Agreed. "Great" does not equal "best." And, for the record, that's my thumb sticking out.

francois
Trash
Trash

Post by francois » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:54 pm

Great song, great voice and what a basssss! :clap:

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:58 pm

Really....let's let the whole "original band" concept go.....because that ship has sailed. Alice has moved on and performed with some admirable musicians since 1975....over 40 years ago.

Robert Plant has moved on from Led Zeppelin
Paul McCartney has moved on from The Beatles
Ozzy has moved on from Black Sabbath
and don't get me started on KISS....
Peter Gabriel has moved on from Genesis
Tina Turner left Ike in the dust......a long time ago

If you don't like the new music....just stop bitching and go away....because other people are just moving on and enjoying the ride and the new creativity. This argument is so....so....tired.
"What part of DEAD don't you get?"

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:08 pm

GailsFriend wrote:Really....let's let the whole "original band" concept go.....because that ship has sailed. Alice has moved on and performed with some admirable musicians since 1975....over 40 years ago.

Robert Plant has moved on from Led Zeppelin
Paul McCartney has moved on from The Beatles
Ozzy has moved on from Black Sabbath
and don't get me started on KISS....
Peter Gabriel has moved on from Genesis
Tina Turner left Ike in the dust......a long time ago

If you don't like the new music....just stop bitching and go away....because other people are just moving on and enjoying the ride and the new creativity. This argument is so....so....tired.
Who in the world are you talking to?

Alice actually worked with the original band on this album (and the last) and did some live shows with them, so it sounds to me like you're somewhat confused.