Reunion idea

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Keith1980
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Reunion idea

Post by Keith1980 » Wed May 24, 2017 1:12 pm

Should the band ever do a full scale reunion, i would love to see them go way back and do Nobody likes me live in 20?? that song was awesome. Levity Ball as well. Most people don't really like the early stuff but I've been listening to the Life and Crimes box and i really like some of the early stuff PFY and EA have some good moments on it. Mr. And Misdemeanor. lay down and die goodbye. some good stuff from that era.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Reunion idea

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Wed May 24, 2017 5:47 pm

If they ever do a proper reunion, that's really the last thing they should attempt.

Talk about going over like a lead balloon.

:/
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Pitta
Killer
Killer

Post by Pitta » Wed May 24, 2017 7:03 pm

I think they should play some shows every year. Maybe a mini-tour in 2019. But personally I like almost every Alice Cooper album, and he plays on his shows 10-12 songs from the first albums. If I visit an Alice Cooper I would like to hear I'm eighteen, School's out, Desperado, Dead babies, Billion Dollar Babies etc. but I also want to hear Welcome to my nightmare, Poison, Hey Stoopid, Goes to hell and some rarities like Pain or the World needs guts. And I would kill to see (and hear) Roses on white lace. So I find a full reunion not a good idea.
Where's my make-up, where's my face ?

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Wed May 24, 2017 8:24 pm

As much as I like the current lineup, the ACG is still hands down more rock n' roll and brings better swagger, swing and groove to that era's songs.

Pitta
Killer
Killer

Post by Pitta » Wed May 24, 2017 8:35 pm

guttertrash wrote:As much as I like the current lineup, the ACG is still hands down more rock n' roll and brings better swagger, swing and groove to that era's songs.
To that era´s songs. And what is with the last 43 years?
Where's my make-up, where's my face ?

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Wed May 24, 2017 8:51 pm

Pitta wrote:
guttertrash wrote:As much as I like the current lineup, the ACG is still hands down more rock n' roll and brings better swagger, swing and groove to that era's songs.
To that era´s songs. And what is with the last 43 years?
Nobody is saying a reunion would be a permanent thing and Alice would never do solo material again.

Why can't they do a one month tour a la the Hollywood Vampires tour last year in the middle of the summer?

No impact to Alice's normal touring schedule.

Why this hasn't happened when clearly the other guys are up for it is beyond me.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

VinceLeeRose
Killer
Killer

Post by VinceLeeRose » Wed May 24, 2017 11:37 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
Why this hasn't happened when clearly the other guys are up for it is beyond me.

I've been saying the same thing for years, esp after the Hall of Fame and Golden Gods in 2011, and even more so now...because those Nashville gigs just smoked! ACG upstaged the solo band on the '14th, haha

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Ted Sallis » Thu May 25, 2017 12:33 am

VinceLeeRose wrote:
RemarkablyInsincere wrote:Why this hasn't happened when clearly the other guys are up for it is beyond me.
I've been saying the same thing for years, esp after the Hall of Fame and Golden Gods in 2011, and even more so now...because those Nashville gigs just smoked! ACG upstaged the solo band on the '14th, haha
There are still 2 people who need to be convinced/brought on board: Alice and Shep.

Ted

Keith1980
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Keith1980 » Fri May 26, 2017 6:07 pm

Pitta wrote:
guttertrash wrote: Why this hasn't happened when clearly the other guys are up for it is beyond me.

Just my opinion.

But i think whatever happened to Glenn is the teal reason why the band broke up and now that he is gone, to ever try to have a proper ACG again wouldnt work cos hes not their. One offs here and their fine but to do a full album and tour. Very unlikely based on that alone i think. I could be wrong tho. Only they know.

ThePainAddict
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by ThePainAddict » Fri May 26, 2017 9:42 pm

Keith1980 wrote:
Pitta wrote:

Just my opinion.

But i think whatever happened to Glenn is the teal reason why the band broke up and now that he is gone, to ever try to have a proper ACG again wouldnt work cos hes not their. One offs here and their fine but to do a full album and tour. Very unlikely based on that alone i think. I could be wrong tho. Only they know.
Doesn't seem a real strong reason. They were willing to soldier on when Glen wasn't able to contribute much in the studio or on stage. Although clearly a death is different, just don't see that as the main deterrent. I think it is most financial reasons.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

nurserozetta
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by nurserozetta » Sat May 27, 2017 1:39 am

Unfortunately a reunion wont happen unless there's promoters willing to put it on

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat May 27, 2017 4:34 am

nurserozetta wrote:Unfortunately a reunion wont happen unless there's promoters willing to put it on

The promoters don't choose who Alice plays with. It is down to Alice and Shep how thw show money is split. Do they want to an even split with Mike Dennis and Neal or do they want to pay them a fee. Also would DD NS and MB want an equal pay out or would they take a fee or salary like his current band.

jacknifejohnny
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by jacknifejohnny » Sat May 27, 2017 10:34 pm

Do all ACG songs.....equal pay !

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun May 28, 2017 12:36 am

jacknifejohnny wrote:Do all ACG songs.....equal pay !

While I agree I think Alice would lose money and I'm not sure he'd do it.

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Sun May 28, 2017 12:47 am

I know he'd lose money, I don't think he'll do it. He enjoys playing solo shows every year and many of them,and I think he likes just playing with Neal,Dennis, Mike occasionally.

ThePainAddict
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by ThePainAddict » Sun May 28, 2017 2:37 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
nurserozetta wrote:Unfortunately a reunion wont happen unless there's promoters willing to put it on

The promoters don't choose who Alice plays with. It is down to Alice and Shep how thw show money is split. Do they want to an even split with Mike Dennis and Neal or do they want to pay them a fee. Also would DD NS and MB want an equal pay out or would they take a fee or salary like his current band.
I think this is basically correct. The promoters don't care who is in Alice's band. However, they won't book bigger shows or have higher prices unless they think the market can accommodate other. So then Alice would play the same places with the same gate. While he pays his band well (by industry standards) it is not an even split. Imagine the uproar if the original members didn't get an even cut. More importantly, Alice doesn't have to worry about making much off the door because he doesn't have to split merch money with anybody in the touring band. Again, a proper recovery reunion would likely have merchandise with original band images and then profits get more divided. Having been at the Nashville show, there wasn't a noticeable increase in tix sells, but was a much higher buzz in the atmosphere about the reunion, even from the casual fans. In fact, when I was talking to Roxie one fan was excited to meet him and then asked me which original member he was (years, I looked at him like he was an idiot). I think they should have created a separate shirt just for that show to gauge how it would have sold compared to the others. Because you don't need as many extra tix sold if they spend more bucks (I did notice that VIPs sold out quick for that show).

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Mon May 29, 2017 9:05 am

I posted on a different thread about the ACG basically replacing the RTD section at the end of the concert with a six song mini-set. I agree the money situation is complicated but I feel people are jumping to conclusions over how much the original band would 'demand'. They have made a lot in royalties over the last forty years and have an agreement where they get something off Alice every time he performs. I can't profess to read their minds but I would be surprised if they did ask for an even split if they played in a mini gig format!

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon May 29, 2017 12:45 pm

From dadascot:
"and have an agreement where they get something off Alice every time he performs."

Really? Do you have a source for that?

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Mon May 29, 2017 2:40 pm

Can't find the quote but I distinctly remember it, maybe from shep. Why? Do you have different information?

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Ted Sallis » Mon May 29, 2017 4:35 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:From dadascot:
"and have an agreement where they get something off Alice every time he performs."

Really? Do you have a source for that?
I think I've posted in this Forum before (in a different thread) that Michael Bruce stated in his book that they (the other 4 Members of the ACG) were supposed to get 3% of everything Alice does under the name 'Alice Cooper' after WTMN.

Although one could argue that this source has some credibility, the key words in the above statement could be 'were supposed to get'.

Ted