ACG Nashville reunion

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

ACG Nashville reunion

Post by Dannorama » Mon May 15, 2017 2:34 pm

First and foremost, the reunited group + Ryan looked and sounded great. Thank heaven for YouTube. Dennis looks like he belongs next to Alice. Neal hasn't lost a bit of his edge, and Michael was simply great. That brings up a question - did Michael formerly solo as much as he did in Nashville? I always thought he was mostly rhythm. Oh, and Alice was okay too, I guess... (Beautiful suit!)
One thing that leaps to mind - that backdrop was pretty elaborate for a one-off. Hopefully we will see it again and again. Maybe next year with their 50th anniversary?
God bless Alice Cooper.
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

revinkevin
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: ACG Nashville reunion

Post by revinkevin » Mon May 15, 2017 6:01 pm

That was good to see. The original guys still know how to do it. Michael looked better than anytime since the band broke up. That extra weight he carried is gone.

Today Mueller
Trash
Trash

Post by Today Mueller » Mon May 15, 2017 9:53 pm

Excellent ! :clap:
They rocked. So good to see them all in great shape. Just imagine if Glen was there too (not putting down Roxie's effort).
I was also glad to see Mike in best shape for long.
Alice's performance great as ever and his stage outfit the best for many years IMO.
This is the best I've seen/heard since Alice went solo.
Only hope for a full show with a bit more than the hits.
Luney Tune, My Stars, You Drive Me Nervous, Hallowed Be My Name, maybe even Fields Of Regret and Retuen Of The Spiders come to mind. :laugh:

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon May 15, 2017 11:39 pm

Dannorama wrote:First and foremost, the reunited group + Ryan looked and sounded great. Thank heaven for YouTube. Dennis looks like he belongs next to Alice. Neal hasn't lost a bit of his edge, and Michael was simply great. That brings up a question - did Michael formerly solo as much as he did in Nashville? I always thought he was mostly rhythm. Oh, and Alice was okay too, I guess... (Beautiful suit!)
One thing that leaps to mind - that backdrop was pretty elaborate for a one-off. Hopefully we will see it again and again. Maybe next year with their 50th anniversary?
God bless Alice Cooper.

Live Michael kept the rhythm as the way the band played he felt it would fall apart if he didn't.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon May 15, 2017 11:52 pm

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue May 16, 2017 12:06 am

The other songs are terrific too and serve noticee to the doubters that MB DD and NS aren't up to snuff. Roxie and MB sound like they have been playing together for years.

jacknifejohnny
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by jacknifejohnny » Tue May 16, 2017 1:11 am

Like to see the set list for that night, must have had to change things around for the first part, surely they didn't play those songs twice

jacknifejohnny
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by jacknifejohnny » Tue May 16, 2017 1:12 am

....and yeah, the originals sounded absolutely brilliant, spot on !

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue May 16, 2017 1:15 am

May 14th 2017 Nashville, TN, TPAC (with Original Band mini-set)
Setlist: Brutal Planet / Under My Wheels / Lost In America / Pain / Welcome To My Nightmare / The World Needs Guts / Woman of Mass Distraction / Poison / Halo Of Flies / Feed My Frankenstein / Cold Ethyl / Only Women Bleed / Escape / Ballad Of Dwight Fry / Killer - I Love the Dead / I'm Eighteen* / Billion Dollar Babies* / Mo More Mr Nice Guy / Muscle Of Love* / Schools Out**
Notes: * Feature Alice, Dennis Dunaway, Neal Smith, Michael Bruce and Ryan Roxie. *School's Out features all the musicians.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Tue May 16, 2017 2:57 am

After watching this performace I think that they should go out on at least a small tour of select cities/venues.

At the very least they should put together a full 90 to 120 minute live show (even if it's a one-off) to be recorded and released in cd/dvd format. It would be a great way for all of the original members to go out on top.

They all looked and sounded great and I agree Alice's outfit was killer!

VinceRaven
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by VinceRaven » Tue May 16, 2017 8:19 am

mr.barlow wrote:After watching this performace I think that they should go out on at least a small tour of select cities/venues.

At the very least they should put together a full 90 to 120 minute live show (even if it's a one-off) to be recorded and released in cd/dvd format. It would be a great way for all of the original members to go out on top.

Good idea of a full show professionally filmed, maybe live streamed at the same time. This is something that could surely happen.

I love the idea of a limited tour of major cities, perhaps 15 or 20 dates, but I really can't see that becoming a reality at all. If it were to, the ideal support act would be Nick Didkovsky and his crew performing about an hour of songs from Pretties For You and Easy Action with Don't Blow Your Mind thrown in there as well.

LoveItToDeath82
Trash
Trash

Post by LoveItToDeath82 » Tue May 16, 2017 8:32 am

VinceRaven wrote:
mr.barlow wrote:After watching this performace I think that they should go out on at least a small tour of select cities/venues.

Good idea of a full show professionally filmed, maybe live streamed at the same time. This is something that could surely happen.

I love the idea of a limited tour of major cities, perhaps 15 or 20 dates, but I really can't see that becoming a reality at all. If it were to, the ideal support act would be Nick Didkovsky and his crew performing about an hour of songs from Pretties For You and Easy Action with Don't Blow Your Mind thrown in there as well.
The show was great. I enjoy Alice's current touring band, but man, the original members sounded so spectacular last night.
"I say I'm right, but I know I'm wrong"

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Post by tuneylune » Tue May 16, 2017 2:26 pm

pitkin88 wrote:May 14th 2017 Nashville, TN, TPAC (with Original Band mini-set)
Setlist: Brutal Planet / Under My Wheels / Lost In America / Pain / Welcome To My Nightmare / The World Needs Guts / Woman of Mass Distraction / Poison / Halo Of Flies / Feed My Frankenstein / Cold Ethyl / Only Women Bleed / Escape / Ballad Of Dwight Fry / Killer - I Love the Dead / I'm Eighteen* / Billion Dollar Babies* / Mo More Mr Nice Guy / Muscle Of Love* / Schools Out**
Notes: * Feature Alice, Dennis Dunaway, Neal Smith, Michael Bruce and Ryan Roxie. *School's Out features all the musicians.
Thanks for posting that.

:) :clap: :rock: So great watching all of them together...they really sounded good . Mike really looks the best he has in some time and still keeping it all in sync.
"I need everything the world owes me..."

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue May 16, 2017 3:40 pm

tuneylune wrote:
Thanks for posting that.
Copy and pasted from the setlists section of this site...

jacknifejohnny
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by jacknifejohnny » Tue May 16, 2017 4:32 pm

Thanks for posting that guys

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Tue May 16, 2017 4:59 pm

I thought the band sounded even better last night than they did Sunday, and they sounded great then!

They did a six-song set at the Music Biz Association Industry Jam: "I'm Eighteen," "Under My Wheels," "Billion Dollar Babies," "No More Mr. Nice Guy," "Muscle Of Love," and "School's Out."

Their Lifetime Achievement Award was presented by Bob Ezrin. And Toby Mamis also received an award for his long career.

Hunter

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue May 16, 2017 6:37 pm

Si wrote:
tuneylune wrote:
Thanks for posting that.
Copy and pasted from the setlists section of this site...
Sigh Si. I could have said " this site has a page where you can view setlists " all Amuk like but I figured I'd save people the time and everyone can see it. Certainly wasn't trying to pass it off as mine. Sorry If I hurt your feelings.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue May 16, 2017 6:39 pm

SickThings wrote:I thought the band sounded even better last night than they did Sunday, and they sounded great then!

They did a six-song set at the Music Biz Association Industry Jam: "I'm Eighteen," "Under My Wheels," "Billion Dollar Babies," "No More Mr. Nice Guy," "Muscle Of Love," and "School's Out."

Their Lifetime Achievement Award was presented by Bob Ezrin. And Toby Mamis also received an award for his long career.

Hunter
Do you know if it was filmed Hunter?

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Wed May 17, 2017 12:38 am

Does anyone know if Bob over at the Shiny Dime sent notes of congratulations to all of the members for a great show and a job well done?

I'm wondering if he is upset with two of the songs in the set being off of B$B and another being MOL.

At anyrate, I think this is just another nail in the coffin of his original-band members vs. Alice soap opera fantasy.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed May 17, 2017 3:27 am

mr.barlow wrote:Does anyone know if Bob over at the Shiny Dime sent notes of congratulations to all of the members for a great show and a job well done?

I'm wondering if he is upset with two of the songs in the set being off of B$B and another being MOL.

At anyrate, I think this is just another nail in the coffin of his original-band members vs. Alice soap opera fantasy.

I'm not sure what Bob thought of the set list, though Glen's two signature songs are there, but he and Janice Buxton were very upset that Glen did not get a mention. I did post that Alice could have said " this one is for Glen " and they could not be solely mad at Alice as MB DD and NS were on stage too.