ACG Nashville reunion

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Re: ACG Nashville reunion

Post by pitkin88 » Thu May 18, 2017 11:23 pm

ThePainAddict wrote:I've always been a proponent of having the original guys and the Nashville show I attended was amazing. Having said that, while Michael sounded great (with a few cues from Ryan), he didn't move much and is sitting in many of the after show pictures, so I do wonder how he could handle a full show, much less a tour. Not saying he couldn't, just a concern.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I've had my concerns too about Alice especially when he puts his hand in his pocket while walking around.

VinceLeeRose
Killer
Killer

Post by VinceLeeRose » Fri May 19, 2017 2:59 am

pitkin88 wrote:
ThePainAddict wrote:I've always been a proponent of having the original guys and the Nashville show I attended was amazing. Having said that, while Michael sounded great (with a few cues from Ryan), he didn't move much and is sitting in many of the after show pictures, so I do wonder how he could handle a full show, much less a tour. Not saying he couldn't, just a concern.

I've had my concerns too about Alice especially when he puts his hand in his pocket while walking around.
I'm glad he didn't really do that at the Industry Jam, cause sometimes at those intimate shows (like Good Records), he'll do the hand in the pocket thing.

Michael did lose a lot of weight, in what seemed like a quick amount of time. He seemed to be moving around a little slow, so i hope he's healthy. But his playing was fantastic! :-)

If they're going to do something, they need to do it sooner than later, because our guys aren't getting any younger.

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Fri May 19, 2017 11:01 am

Today Mueller wrote:I'm just wondering, wtf are the WTMN props doing on that stage :bam:
They were playing a short set at the end of a show on Alice's current tour. Those items are part of his current stage set up.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Fri May 19, 2017 11:43 am

still sitting here wondering how putting a hand in your pocket is a sign of concern?

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Fri May 19, 2017 12:43 pm

scotty wrote:still sitting here wondering how putting a hand in your pocket is a sign of concern?
I remember seeing him do this when he shared a stage with Marilyn Manson for the first time. It all seemed incredible awkward and I took it a sign of Alice either being out of his comfort zone or (more likely) just doing something that he doesn't usually do. We all have these odd mannerisms when we break from the norm.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Fri May 19, 2017 2:15 pm

In the world of body language, having ones hands in their pockets usually signifies a person's discomfort with the situation they are dealing with at that moment. If you look at Alice in video of these "hands in pockets" instances you can clearly see he is not totally at ease.

I'm sure he was likely nervous with the initial original band reunion shows.

In the case of Marilyn Manson I would think it was more of a case of "why did I ever sign up to go on tour with this asshole and why am I here on stage with him?!"

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Fri May 19, 2017 2:37 pm

I think the first appearance with MM was an impromptu show-up at one of his (Manson's) shows.

The co-headline tour was a few years later.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Fri May 19, 2017 3:19 pm

there is no such thing as impromptu at that level. Even the most "spontaneous" events are calculated.

A "spontaneous" event can cause havoc to a show in all types of ways. From throwing off a performer's timing, running time of a show, soundboard settings, and you name it. Most bands, especially those with a stable set list and who rely on theatrics and lighting are a well rehearsed machine. Even what seems like a spur-of-the moment event is likely well rehearsed.

I'm not saying it can never happen, but you would see it more often in bands with a less rehearsed and free-flowing show say like the Grateful Dead, Phish, etc.

It's like the heckler in the audience of a comedian. It's all part of the show!

In the case of Alice's "impromptu" event with MM, I'm guessing it was likely orchestrated by Shep to generate publicity. Therefore leading Alice to stick his hands in his pockets!

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Fri May 19, 2017 6:36 pm

Well if it was organised then it was crap, quite frankly.

I think Alice was wearing jeans and no gloves, they literally hauled him out of bed.

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Fri May 19, 2017 7:36 pm

only alice truly knows why sometimes he puts a hand in his pocket. maybe he doesn't even realize he is doing it! everyone sees something different-I always took it like he's doing an informal,laid back performance and he's out of character to boot.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri May 19, 2017 8:45 pm

From wind_up_toy:
"I think the first appearance with MM was an impromptu show-up at one of his (Manson's) shows."

It was at a show in Romania where they wore both on the bill. They met up for the first time that day and decided to do it with no rehearsal.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Fri May 19, 2017 8:51 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:From wind_up_toy:
"I think the first appearance with MM was an impromptu show-up at one of his (Manson's) shows."

It was at a show in Romania where they wore both on the bill. They met up for the first time that day and decided to do it with no rehearsal.
Thanks for confirming Andy, the footage definitely reflects the lack of rehearsal!

https://youtu.be/u2j4riwPgJc

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Lucius Morthem » Fri May 19, 2017 9:03 pm

Marilyn Manson when asked about said that they talk about their previous problems, left them behind and Alice asked Marilyn to join him on stage. Manson refused, said that he didn't dare and blah blah. And minutes before 18, his girlfriend to that date, a huge fan of Alice according to her, kind of convinced him to sing.

After that, according to Manson, He asked Alice to be there minutes before the show. And the only song that Alice could possibly sing (due to its lyrics) was Sweet Dreams. But Alice had already taken off his make up, clothes, everything. So, maybe he felt a little out of place. After all, Alice (and many other rock stars) have said that there is some kind of ritual before going on stage, as putting your make up, special clothes, etc.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Fri May 19, 2017 9:09 pm

I thought the Sweet Dreams appearance came first, with the reverse happening at a later date?

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri May 19, 2017 10:52 pm

Does anyone know what was the first show that Alice performed with his hand ib his pocket. I recall it was one hand and not two but I could be wrong.

ThePainAddict
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by ThePainAddict » Fri May 19, 2017 10:57 pm

Hand in the pocket isn't that new. On one tour I saw, either King of the Silver Screen or Madhouse Rock he was constantly holding his right hand on his hip, he didn't have a pocket, but in the same place. Even at my younger age, I thought it looked awkward. Sometimes I think without a prop or when unsure about choreography, that is where the hand goes.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Fri May 19, 2017 11:08 pm

pitkin88 wrote:Does anyone know what was the first show that Alice performed with his hand ib his pocket. I recall it was one hand and not two but I could be wrong.
1998 Cooperstown appearance would be my guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmPtVLxxeYw
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Fri May 19, 2017 11:10 pm

ThePainAddict wrote:Hand in the pocket isn't that new. On one tour I saw, either King of the Silver Screen or Madhouse Rock he was constantly holding his right hand on his hip, he didn't have a pocket, but in the same place.
The hand in pocket thing at the reunion shows always felt like he wasn't "committing" to the performance.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Fri May 19, 2017 11:26 pm

pitkin88 wrote:Does anyone know what was the first show that Alice performed with his hand ib his pocket. I recall it was one hand and not two but I could be wrong.
That's a great question! It would have to be a show where he was wearing pants with pockets, or maybe a jacket. Although, in the case of a jacket he may just be putting his hands in the pockets to warm them up.

I think what you are remembering could be a bit confusing to everyone. What happened is that Alice was switching putting his both hands in his pockets BUT not at the same time. He would put the right hand in the right pocket and then the left hand in the left pocket. I don't think he ever had both hands inside the pockets at the same time. I think he may have even put one of his hands in his back pocket or he may have been just checking to see if his wallet was still there. He was playing in Detroit after all.

Now the other thing that has to be analyzed is that Alice often wears gloves when performing, I'm guessing he gets cold hands which would explain why he places them in his jacket pockets (see above), but since he is wearing gloves does he get his pants made with extra big pockets? It would be hard to put a gloved hand inside a standard pocket so I'm guessing Alice wears tailor made trousers.

Also, does anyone know what the temperature was at that MM show? Again--maybe his hands were just cold!

Rob
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Rob » Sat May 20, 2017 9:45 am

Hand in pocket ! ( Kill me now ) I think you will find the real reason for this , is that getting your head chopped off nearly every night plays havoc with your blood flow , hence the need to keep your hands warm
:rotfl:
It must be true A_Michael said so