New album update

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Re: New album update

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:13 am

rgallie wrote:Is I'm eighteen on the single from the same show as the live tracks on the album disc 2. If so then for once I don't mind the re-appearance of the classics live. The guitar solo on that version is a real trip back to how 18 used to sound, but with todays vocals.

No.

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:09 am

TeresofBlood wrote:I like the running time. Short and sweet. That approach certainly would have helped ACAS.

Paranoiac Personality has been in my head for 2 days. It leaves you wanting more. It's such a perfect little song.
Alice says this about the new album on his official website : " It's a weird and wonderful collection of guitar driven delights" I don't know about or care about anyone else's opinion but what I just read what Alice said about the album sure has got me more excited for it.

Feezle-Nuts
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Feezle-Nuts » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:12 am

Ok I have listened to the new song about 4 times over the last two days. Each time, it has gotten stuck in my head but at some point morphs into Cult of Personality instead.

JoeyBananagoose
Trash
Trash

Post by JoeyBananagoose » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:53 am

Yeah, I've had about 5 listens and while I enjoy it while it's on, it doesn't stick too hard. I'm hoping this is the album's middle bar rather than the standout. The biggest positive for me is it's quite a good tune and Alice has lost absolutely nothing vocally. At 69 that's bloody impressive. People often talk about how live is raw, but studio shows off your flaws more too. His voice is in rude health.

Somwhere In Auckland
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Somwhere In Auckland » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:57 am

“It’s in many ways like getting to time-travel back and hear new music from Alice. Some of it’s so amazing that I get goosebumps every time I listen."

- Tommy Denander

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:55 am

Somwhere In Auckland wrote:“It’s in many ways like getting to time-travel back and hear new music from Alice. Some of it’s so amazing that I get goosebumps every time I listen."

- Tommy Denander
What a weird quote...He could just time travel-back to W2MN and listen to himself playing with Alice in the not so distant past also.

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:09 am

i don't think wednesday 13 has done anything good since skeletons in my honest opinion. The second murder dolls album had moments of pure alice joy (blood stained valentine etc) but the other half of the album was a turgid mess.
i love the first murderdolls (which was just all of Frankenstein drag queens material re-recorded)
and the first few wednesday albums, lately he really lost his way, boring repetitive songs with no guts or bite, with some of the most lifeless production i have ever heard.
I havent heard the new one, has he returned to form?

I'm not listening to the alice single until i get the album (where me and my mates are gonna have a good old fashioned listening party) cant wait, its hard to not listen tho :alice:

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:16 am

Saint&Sinner wrote:i don't think wednesday 13 has done anything good since skeletons in my honest opinion. The second murder dolls album had moments of pure alice joy (blood stained valentine etc) but the other half of the album was a turgid mess.
i love the first murderdolls (which was just all of Frankenstein drag queens material re-recorded)
and the first few wednesday albums, lately he really lost his way, boring repetitive songs with no guts or bite, with some of the most lifeless production i have ever heard.
I havent heard the new one, has he returned to form?

I'm not listening to the alice single until i get the album (where me and my mates are gonna have a good old fashioned listening party) cant wait, its hard to not listen tho :alice:
No, he has not. I feel like some people would like it, so since he had a new album I threw it out there, because one person had mentioned wishing Alice had a heavier, more metal guitar heavy album on this thread or the one about the single. People should definitely go listen to the Murderdolls and Frankenstein Drag Queens though, and the first couple of solo albums by Wednesday.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:11 am

pitkin88 wrote:
rgallie wrote:Is I'm eighteen on the single from the same show as the live tracks on the album disc 2. If so then for once I don't mind the re-appearance of the classics live. The guitar solo on that version is a real trip back to how 18 used to sound, but with todays vocals.

No.
Eighteen is the A Side of the Live From The Astroturf 7" vinyl single from last year (recorded at Good Records) and features the surviving Group members plus Ryan Roxie.

A lot of us are scratching our heads right now as we can't understand why the full 8 track set doesn't form CD2, especially as it features the 2 new Group studio tracks already.

As you imply, it is a cut above any other live recordings from recent times.
Last edited by wind_up_toy on Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

Babysquid
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Babysquid » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:21 am

VinceLeeRose wrote:
guttertrash wrote:All 12 songs is only 5 minutes longer than Killer's 8 songs. They could have put all 12 songs on a 12" platter, and the 6 live tracks probably would have even filled one cd as bonus tracks.

The vinyl is 2 LP's at 45rpm. They did this with Deep Purple and the last Stones album...so its like 2-3 songs per side. I can't stand that, haha. I get it for sound quality if it's a long LP (inner groove distortion towards the end), but at only 34 min, you can easily pull that off on a 12" at 33 and it would sound perfectly fine
This is what I've been fearing. An album that would comfortably sit on one platter at 33rpm split into two 45s. I'll be really pissed off if it doesn't include any of the bonus tracks.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:32 am

Enough with the novelties just put out a decent record.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:35 am

AliceFan wrote:
TeresofBlood wrote:I like the running time. Short and sweet. That approach certainly would have helped ACAS.

Paranoiac Personality has been in my head for 2 days. It leaves you wanting more. It's such a perfect little song.
Alice says this about the new album on his official website : " It's a weird and wonderful collection of guitar driven delights" I don't know about or care about anyone else's opinion but what I just read what Alice said about the album sure has got me more excited for it.

You obviously do care or you wouldn't have mentioned it.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:40 am

wind_up_toy wrote:
pitkin88 wrote:

No.
Eighteen is the A Side of the Live From The Astroturf 7" vinyl single from last year (recorded at Good Records) and features the surviving Group members plus Ryan Roxie.

A lot of us are scratching our heads right now as we can't understand why the full 8 track set doesn't form CD2, especially as it features the 2 new Group studio tracks already.

Mr Barlow thinks it's something to do with not wanting to give the band royalties.

To me it is beyond redundant when you can get a bloody USB stick at the show you are attending. There is nothing remotely interesting in having a common as muck partial show on an official cd. Just cries Filler instead of Killer.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:07 am

I do agree. Unless they're something really special, then there is no earthly reason for live tracks on a studio album.

You live in hope that the Good Records set will be made available in its entirety some day soon and that this is the reason why we only saw the already released Eighteen featured.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

nurserozetta
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by nurserozetta » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:00 am

pitkin88 wrote:[

Mr Barlow thinks it's something to do with not wanting to give the band royalties.

To me it is beyond redundant when you can get a bloody USB stick at the show you are attending. There is nothing remotely interesting in having a common as muck partial show on an official cd. Just cries Filler instead of Killer.[/quote]

Could not agree more with this post - infact Id go as far to say I'll rip the 2 ACG group songs from disc 2 and never listen to the rest of it

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:25 am

Feezle-Nuts wrote:Ok I have listened to the new song about 4 times over the last two days. Each time, it has gotten stuck in my head but at some point morphs into Cult of Personality instead.
That's a fair comment, there is a strong similarity between the two songs.

darkmenace
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by darkmenace » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:57 pm

nurserozetta wrote:Mr Barlow thinks it's something to do with not wanting to give the band royalties.
It may go beyond that. I don't think Alice and Shep want the focus to be on the original band for fear that it overshadows Alice's current band and current solo work.

JoeyBananagoose
Trash
Trash

Post by JoeyBananagoose » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:25 am

Then why bother involving them at all?

Album would sell more to classic rock fans with a disc 2 comprised of some of the new ACG material and the Good Records set, undoubtedly. It seems to me that we've gone from 6 songs with the old guys to 3, to 2 and a live set with them, to just the 2 and a live set with the current lineup. Bit of a kick in the nuts to the guys that started it all really.

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:00 am

JoeyBananagoose wrote:Then why bother involving them at all?

Album would sell more to classic rock fans with a disc 2 comprised of some of the new ACG material and the Good Records set, undoubtedly. It seems to me that we've gone from 6 songs with the old guys to 3, to 2 and a live set with them, to just the 2 and a live set with the current lineup. Bit of a kick in the nuts to the guys that started it all really.
It's an odd thing for sure. Is this there way of getting the current band some money out of the album due to performance rights payment? Is it cheaper to do this than to put the rest of the Good Records show or Nashville show with the original lineup? I still think the current band would make a better record, so I'm really confused why you split the the money up even more. I also think them releasing the reunion tracks as b-sides on these singles is going to lead to even more questioning of this decision.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:58 am

If I'm 18 is the b side of the new 45 wouldn't the royalty split be equal. I remember reading that Roger Taylor pushing for his song to be the b side of Bohemian Rhapsody and making a killing off the royalties.